***The Official St. Mirren v Rangers Thread***

Muff

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Now is definitely not the time to be experimenting. There are only 8 games left and we still have a major chance of winning the league, therefore we have to stick with the formation, shape and personnel that have taken us this far. All this talk of flooding the team with creativity is childishly simplistic and, in my opinion, downright naive.

childishly simplistic eh :mutley:

How many times has Lafferty played upfront?

Novo has played 27/28 games this season and scored 7 goals in total (how many have been upfront and how many have been as a sub?)

And Kenny Miller is absolutely pish!

In the time Velicka was at Hearts he scored 25 goals. In that same period:

Lee Miller - 18 goals

David Clarkson - 19 goals

Steven Fletcher - 26 goals

Colin Nish - 27 goals

Darren Mackie - 19 goals

Chris Killen - 16 (and for a whole season he was hardly used at the piggery)

Chris Porter - 18 (and was only in the SPL for one season during Velicka's time at Hearts)

Andrius Velicka is a terrible footballer, your average, mediocre SPL player.

Lafferty has had his fair share of chances up front as has Novo. They don't score as much as Boyd it's that simple. Velicka scored more goals than everyone there in your list apart from Steven Fletcher and Colin Nish (both of those players I'd happily take to Ibrox). Boyd scores goals and I disagree about Kenny Miller, Miller is a good player if you ask me and I'm glad Walter bought him back.

How many times has Lafferty played upfront?

Novo has played 27/28 games this season and scored 7 goals in total (how many have been upfront and how many have been as a sub?)

And Kenny Miller is absolutely pish!

In the time Velicka was at Hearts he scored 25 goals. In that same period:

Lee Miller - 18 goals

David Clarkson - 19 goals

Steven Fletcher - 26 goals

Colin Nish - 27 goals

Darren Mackie - 19 goals

Chris Killen - 16 (and for a whole season he was hardly used at the piggery)

Chris Porter - 18 (and was only in the SPL for one season during Velicka's time at Hearts)

Andrius Velicka is a terrible footballer, your average, mediocre SPL player.

Lafferty has had his fair share of chances up front as has Novo. They don't score as much as Boyd it's that simple. Velicka scored more goals than everyone there in your list apart from Steven Fletcher and Colin Nish (both of those players I'd happily take to Ibrox). Boyd scores goals and I disagree about Kenny Miller, Miller is a good player if you ask me and I'm glad Walter bought him back.

:lol: Colin Nish. Fuck sake.

Now is definitely not the time to be experimenting. There are only 8 games left and we still have a major chance of winning the league, therefore we have to stick with the formation, shape and personnel that have taken us this far. All this talk of flooding the team with creativity is childishly simplistic and, in my opinion, downright naive.

Awright, awright! I'm in a mood! :(

I'd love to see us playing free-flowing, attractive, attacking football as much as anyone, and that must be a priority aim next season. This season however, we have little choice other than to grind out results from now until the league is won or lost. I know it's depressing to watch, in fact if I have to witness many more displays as inept as Sundays showing against Falkirk I just might be reaching for the razorblades myself. But if........and I know it's still a big "if"........ we can win the league, and with it automatic qualification to the Champions League, all the misery and desperation will have been worth it.

Colin Nish? really? only player I would take is big Lee Miller

Maybe Miller but Steven Fletcher is a quality player and Nish is an underrated player IMO.

Fletcher is absolutely pish :lol:

I disagree entirely, If I was Rangers manager he'd be my top priority to sign in the summer.

Maybe Miller but Steven Fletcher is a quality player and Nish is an underrated player IMO.

I disagree entirely, If I was Rangers manager he'd be my top priority to sign in the summer.

so we neglect the RB, CH, RW, LW priorties and sign a bog standard SPL ST who Hibs would want £4 million for?

so we neglect the RB, CH, RW, LW priorties and sign a bog standard SPL ST who Hibs would want £4 million for?

I reckon we could get hm for £3 million and the wingers are a problem. We have Fleck, Niguez, Beasley, Novo and McCulloch who do a good job out there. Davis has also been in good form on the right for most of the season.

so you'd spunk away £3 million on Fletcher?

If I had £3 million to spend, I'd spend it on Fletcher (assuming I could get nobody better).

you could a much better allround striker in Lee Miller for a fraction of that

If I had £3 million to spend, I'd spend it on Fletcher (assuming I could get nobody better).

I think Fletcher's better personally.

Awright, awright! I'm in a mood! :(

I'd love to see us playing free-flowing, attractive, attacking football as much as anyone, and that must be a priority aim next season. This season however, we have little choice other than to grind out results from now until the league is won or lost. I know it's depressing to watch, in fact if I have to witness many more displays as inept as Sundays showing against Falkirk I just might be reaching for the razorblades myself. But if........and I know it's still a big "if"........ we can win the league, and with it automatic qualification to the Champions League, all the misery and desperation will have been worth it.

glad to see its not just us girls that get moody :craphead: I know what you mean there is no way Walter will go for the flair style anyway ...if we some how grind out points and a few extra goals from somewhere due to the goal difference I think we'd all take it if we win the league staggering over the finish line...then we can clear out and regroup for next season

I reckon we could get hm for £3 million and the wingers are a problem. We have Fleck, Niguez, Beasley, Novo and McCulloch who do a good job out there. Davis has also been in good form on the right for most of the season.

To use Muff's line of words, 'Are your eyes painted on'?

I don't want to see Fletcher or Lee Miller anywhere near a Rangers career. Both are worse than any of the 1st team forwards we have on our books at the moment, and I include Lee McCulloch in that number.

I don't want to see Fletcher or Lee Miller anywhere near a Rangers career. Both are worse than any of the 1st team forwards we have on our books at the moment, and I include Lee McCulloch in that number.

Lee Miller is much much better than Boyd

Lee Miller is much much better than Boyd

Not as a goalscorer he's not. As little as 2 years ago a player of Millers limited talents wouldn't have been mentioned in the same sentence as Rangers.