Credit crunch hits the EPL

Fucking right. My Everton fan mate went to the Chelsea Everton match yesterday, £47!!!

There was a thread on the epl prices this week Everton at Chelsea was 47 quid upper 44 lower tier at Chelsea 23 quid coach from Liverpool, being a midweek game would also cost a days money for the self employed, days holiday for others.

We keep saying its unsustainable but the punters keep on turning up, there may be a few exceptions, but fuck knows where all the money comes from.

The arse will fall out the premiership some day. They can't continue to pay out the huge wages they currently do indefinitely. Times will be tough for punters for a considerable time. The clubs will have to pray that tv companies will continue to splash out millions for coverage.

I read recently that Setanta were wanting the SPL to renegotiate our current deal as they couldn't afford to keep to the terms. Is this the first glimpse of trouble? The EPL relies heavily on tv money to sustain itself. If the likes of Sky and Setabta start feeling the pinch then the Premiership will really struggle.

Fucking right. My Everton fan mate went to the Chelsea Everton match yesterday, £47!!!

Agreed that thats way to much, but so is the prices we pay here, how can Scottish football ask for the money they do, when the products third rate,no wonder its dying on its feet. The EPL will suffer big time for their spending football down there is in for one almighty shock.

The arse will fall out the premiership some day. They can't continue to pay out the huge wages they currently do indefinitely. Times will be tough for punters for a considerable time. The clubs will have to pray that tv companies will continue to splash out millions for coverage.

I read recently that Setanta were wanting the SPL to renegotiate our current deal as they couldn't afford to keep to the terms. Is this the first glimpse of trouble? The EPL relies heavily on tv money to sustain itself. If the likes of Sky and Setabta start feeling the pinch then the Premiership will really struggle.

Difference is that people around the world will watch the EPL. There is a lot of interest in each week's games and TSN, SportsNet and Score all show live footy here.

By contrast, Shitanta costs $$ each month, the picture quality is awful and most of the games are awful. There is almost no interest from neutrals here in paying to watch that each week.