Fan's fury after UEFA Cup riot cops mistake him for hooligan in dawn raid

davy1shoe

Guest Andypendek

How could the guy go the Record when there's at least a 50-50 chance it was ther coverage that led someone to drop him in it?

I'm sure I recognise one or two writers on here from their comments after the story as well. Very familiar style.

The heavy handedness of this "operation" is just as bad as some of the shite GMP were dishing out on that fateful day

Police: "So did you chuck that bottle towards the police line?"

Fan: "Aye ok, i did it"

Police: "Take him away boys"

All this while the suspect is bound and gagged

There definitely seems to be a lot of bitterness coming from the GMP about it, even before the operation began, the statements that were used by some of the senior officers sounded like they wanted "revenge".

So how many of those arrested in the raids have been let go without charge as the number seems to be going

At this point, I think it would be simpler to ask, has anyone actually been charged and convicted?

The success rate must be about 0.01% at present.

So how many of those arrested in the raids have been let go without charge as the number seems to be going

At this point, I think it would be simpler to ask, has anyone actually been charged and convicted?

Id like to see the rate of scottish fans and the english that were inviled too.

I bet these stats never come out.

Id like to see the rate of scottish fans and the english that were inviled too.

I bet these stats never come out.

FOIA theyve got to

I remember speaking to a couple of coppers outside a boozer( Bar 38 ?) in Manchester and he said Zenit fans had gone on the rampage and attacked Families of Bears coming off the train...that was at 4 o'clock.

A zenit fan attacked me outside the ground...he was a short arse and stuck the heid in my chest.Hit him wi 2 rapid before his mate dragged him off.

Amazing these stories are never told eh

I dont understand how they can hope to get many convictions. If it's largely cctv evidence, surely people can just say, 'that's not me'. I cant imagine many people will have given statements, nor can i imagine much dna evidence has been collected.

The whole of Manchester city centre would have been a big swirling DNA soup that day