Cerny signs permanent deal with Accies

jmo21

http://www.teamtalk.com/football/story/0,1...5231174,00.html

Cerny signs permanent Accies deal

Hamilton have agreed a deal to sign on-loan goalkeeper Tomas Cerny from Sigma Olomouc for a fee in the region of £200,000.

The Czech has impressed while on loan at New Douglas Park and has been linked with both Celtic and Rangers.

However, Accies have agreed to retain the services of the influential goalkeeper, who has signed a two-year deal with the SPL side.

Chairman Ronnie MacDonald said: "Tomas will not be going to the Old Firm or anywhere else, I'm absolutely certain of that.

"He's happy in Scotland and settled with Hamilton. He's been the best keeper in the SPL this year and, as a club we want to continue going forward so why would we allow him to go?

"He has signed a two-year extension with us and has a big future with Hamilton."

So he's had a half decent season - does'nt make him Gers class, no loss if you ask me.

He is an excellent goalie and would have been a good addition to Rangers especially if McGregor were to be leaving.

Obviously lacks ambition though if he's prepared to sign for them :anguish:

So he's had a half decent season - does'nt make him Gers class, no loss if you ask me.

He is an excellent goalie and would have been a good addition to Rangers especially if McGregor were to be leaving.

Maybe we haven't made an offer.

Regular starting spot for another season or two... or sit on our bench?

Guys got his head screwed on.

I was thinking about this one at work.

If we're looking to reduce wages and bring more youth into our squad, why didn't we bite the bullet and go for him? We could quite easily sell either McGregor or Alexander for a decent wedge, and replace whoever goes with Cerny.

Hamilton are thinking ahead while we - yet again - are not. We could have got him for £200,000 this week, while we'll probably end up having to pay five times that if he reaches his considerable potential.

Bad business? We shall soon see.

been the most consistant goalkeeper in the spl this year. I wouldnt mind if we had signed him. £200k is a bargain though. I bet we end up paying 10times that in a couple of years to sign him. Good business by hamilton i say