Blackpool boss wanting to sign Adam permanently

J_RFC87

THE permanent signings of DJ Campbell and Charlie Adam will be the top priorities if Tony Parkes lands the Blackpool manager's job.

It remains an outside bet that the loan pair will join – not because they don't want to (both have expressed a willingness to remain at Bloomfield Road next season), but because the club might not be able to afford a transfer fee for each plus their wages.

But that wouldn't stop Parkes attempting to sign them.

Charlie Adam has made a huge impact since joining Blackpool on loan

He said: "We will certainly be looking at signing DJ Campbell (from Leicester), who has been a big plus for us.

"Charlie Adam is going back to Rangers because he is still under contract – but that doesn't mean we can't try.

"They are the big two, who we would be interested in at the moment."

Meanwhile Paul Rachubka is aiming to celebrate signing a new contract by replicating one of his finest performances of the season and confirming Pool's safety in the process.

Rachubka was man of the match at Nottingham Forest in December, when he made a string of fine stops to earn Pool a 0-0 draw.

A repeat result tomorrow would guarantee Championship football for the Seasiders next season.

Rachubka said: "The game at their place was one of those when I felt they could have played all day and wouldn't have scored. It was great ... although I don't want to talk too much about it with us playing them tomorrow!

"But that clean sheet at Forest could be vital come the end of the season. If I can produce the same performance tomorrow, then that is two points we have taken from them, and at the same time stopped them taking four extra."

Rachubka has signed a two-year deal, with a further 12-month option, and he admits he is pleased to join Ben Burgess, Gary Taylor-Fletcher, Keith Southern and Ian Evatt in committing his long-term future to the club.

"I'm happy that the club is going forward and that is one of the factors for me signing again," he said.

"It was a factor that other lads signed up but the whole place has a positive vibe about it. There are other factors behind me staying."

http://www.blackpoolgazette.co.uk/blackpoo...y39s.5203081.jp

Blackpool caretaker boss Tony Parkes has revealed he is looking to sign DJ Campbell and midfielder Charlie Adam on permanent deals during the summer.

Striker Campbell, 27, has become a firm favourite at Bloomfield Road, scoring eight goals in 18 appearances since arriving from Leicester in January.

"DJ has been a big plus for us," Parkes told BBC Radio Lancashire.

"Charlie is going back to Rangers as he's still under contract, but they're the two we're interested in."

Parkes has admitted he will have to start his rebuilding plans as soon as possible should he be installed as the permanent manager.

The 59-year-old, who replaced Simon Grayson in the Bloomfield Road hotseat in December, has guided Blackpool to within a point of safety.

But with a number of loan players returning to their parent clubs during the close season, Parkes said his focus will turn immediately to new recruits.

"We'll have to start again with the loan-system," he mused.

"We'll try and keep the ones we want to keep and obviously the others will have to go back.

"If we don't avoid relegation, which we're not mathematically sure of doing, then things will alter. So until we know which league we're in we'll carry on as we are."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ool/8015475.stm

Please be true :541:

The bad man also drove without insurance...allegedly...

Try without a license, and insurance....

I'd be willing to believe that with you being from Milngavie.

Try without a license, and insurance....

(tu)

I don't mind sharing my source via PM, if anyone is still slightly dubious.

The Holocaust is all lies

:BELM:

Hahaha :lol:

Nothing like slanderous comments to liven up the afternoon!