Harrison Jailed in Spain

Dado

What a waste of space he is.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/glasgo...est/8016202.stm

Former boxing champion Scott Harrison has been sentenced to two and a half years in prison by a court in Spain.

Harrison was detained by officers from the country's National Police when he landed at Malaga Airport on Thursday.

The 31-year-old was found guilty of attempting to steal a car and assaulting two men in the vehicle as well as a policeman in October 2006.

He spent five weeks in a maximum security Spanish jail after his initial arrest near Malaga.

Harrison had a glittering career in boxing, becoming WBO featherweight champion in 2002 and subsequently defending it successfully.

But he has faced problems with alcohol, drugs and depression, and in 2006 he was declared bankrupt, stripped of both his WBO title and his licence to box for bringing the sport into disrepute.

He was jailed in Scotland last year after admitting drink driving, assault and breaching bail conditions.

Harrison was released from Glasgow's Barlinnie prison in December, after serving four months of a eight-month sentence.

A judge in Spain issued an international arrest warrant after he failed to attend court last September, when he was serving time in Barlinnie.

Harrison, who is battling to get his boxing licence back, was found guilty of the attempted robbery and assaulted, after a drinking binge with his late uncle in October 2006.

i remember when this little scrote came on to the park at the bheggerdome

he turned and waved his title belt to the home fans and turned his back on us

from that moment onwards i wanted him to get his cnut kicked in every fight he was in

from that moment onwards i wanted him to get his cnut kicked in every fight he was in

I was at that game and remember that KPL...... Didnt know it was him until after the match.

From memory it was 1-0 with Thompson scoring last couple of minutes..... (tu)

I was at that game and remember that KPL...... Didnt know it was him until after the match.

yeah i remember it

also remember a bear phoning radio snyde and telling them about the snub but nuremburg hugh said the fan was lying and said harrison waved to the whole crowd which being there knew that was a lie

also the fud used to drink in the celtic boozers in kinning park used to turn up at 8 in the morning

I don't remember Stevie Thompson scoring in a 1-0 Old Firm game?

Alan for the t*igs

Alan for the t*igs

i didnt want to answer that in case it was a piss take

Alan for the t*igs

i didnt want to answer that in case it was a piss take

Thought that myself, Klos should have stopped it though imo.

Ah. Its all finally caught up with him ? Never knew this.

Well, good on the Spanish Police for getting him punished for his crime. A crime in Spain is the same as a crime here. Worse in a way in my eyes.

But, I dont want to see some kind of 'Free Scott Harrison' campaign start (sounds right up Timmy's street, doesnt it ?) there is no get-out here.

Drink, drugs and depression ? Well he's the only one who can change that (with the right help) and to do that he has to want it.

Hes had plenty of chances before but it doesnt sound like he wants it to me.

He's a twat.

What a tit why would you fly to a country with a warrant out for your arrest

He didn't have much choice - international arrest warrant. Still i can well imagine years of being punched in the head will eventually affect you mentally - no excuse though, boxers are suposed to be disciplined. So we're told anyway.

He had some great fights & I cheered like fek for him.He was good & it was only really tall fighters with reach he had trouble with.

Wasted a great career/opportunity to be a Scottish/British legend & he deserves all the shite coming his way.

He went for a pal of mine in the toilet of a Glasgow pub after being miraculous drunk & growling "who the fuck are you looking at" and a pal of his dragged him away.

A really nasty piece of work & I wouldnt fancy being in a pub toilet with him wanting to go to town with me.

Good fucking riddance ya wee tit-Hope he loses remission & ends up banged up for ever

Harrison, after a really good career, descended into a pit of drugs, alcoholism, mental problems, the lot.

He's just not all there anymore, albeit how much of his mental decay is blamable on his career is anyone's guess.