Denmark

Finland

Georgia

Moldova

Norway

Serbia

Slovakia

Switzerland

I think we punch above our weight most of the time, in most of the countries mentioned above you would struggle to name a few teams, it is really quite something that two of the most famous football teams in the world should come from the same city in a relatively small country, The Rangers attendances through the years have mostly been exceptional 118,567 at Ibrox for our record dwarfing the crowds at countries with populations x 10 and more, truly phenonemal support.

I think sometimes we are a bit too quick to abuse our football, its certainly not up there with the top leagues but its not quite as rough as some would make out, think of all the top stars The Rangers have lured to Ibrox.

Yes. But the face of world football is changing, the Old Firm are huge for reasons we all know (or some pretend they dont). Being 'big clubs' isnt much when you're scraping from the barrel in terms of quality of player. Scottish football has been punching above its weight for some time, but in the medium term i cant see how we can go back to the days when even Aberdeen were a top club.

Yes. But the face of world football is changing, the Old Firm are huge for reasons we all know (or some pretend they dont). Being 'big clubs' isnt much when you're scraping from the barrel in terms of quality of player. Scottish football has been punching above its weight for some time, but in the medium term i cant see how we can go back to the days when even Aberdeen were a top club.

You hit the nail square on the head. If it wasn't for those historical reason which you didn't mention, you would need to think that there would be a more even spread of support for other clubs through out Scotland. Ourselves and that lot would still probably be the biggest clubs by virtue of being from the biggest city, but the likes of Partick Thistle, Motherwell, St Mirren, Morton, etc... would all a larger support base. Having said that though, its not out problem. It's up to these smaller clubs to start producing a product which their support wants to buy. The likes of Motherwell and St. Mirren have proved in the past, and as recently as this season, that they can draw crowds 10,000-15,000, but there supporters don't turn out in those numbers because the product is mince. The blame can't always be laid at our door.

Guest Andypendek

You hit the nail square on the head. If it wasn't for those historical reason which you didn't mention, you would need to think that there would be a more even spread of support for other clubs through out Scotland. Ourselves and that lot would still probably be the biggest clubs by virtue of being from the biggest city, but the likes of Partick Thistle, Motherwell, St Mirren, Morton, etc... would all a larger support base. Having said that though, its not out problem. It's up to these smaller clubs to start producing a product which their support wants to buy. The likes of Motherwell and St. Mirren have proved in the past, and as recently as this season, that they can draw crowds 10,000-15,000, but there supporters don't turn out in those numbers because the product is mince. The blame can't always be laid at our door.

This is absolutely it! There's no excuse for the kick and rush crap we get. I've given up hoping the coaches will start teaching football rather than aerobics...what we need, God help me for saying so, is someone like Alan Green to start berating players who can't do things like control a ball or pass to a teammate. They'd soon get the finger out if they were getting mocked, it's the one thing footballers can't stand.

No danger with the old pals act going on in our media, mind you.

But anyway, no, we're not too hard on ourselves. We should demand a decent standard of play - it's not that much to ask for.

Not really able to comment on most of the leagues in there, but I watched a Dinamo Zagreb vs Riejka game when I was abroad last year and the difference from the SPL was unreal. It was played at such a slow pace, every player from centre half to centre forward looked comfortable on the ball and always looked for the short ball. Even when Riejka were 1-0 down and it was the 88th minute they werent just humping it forward to a big target man they were looking to get in behind the full backs.

The support for both teams as well was outstanding, Zagrebs Ultras didn't stop singing from the 1st minute and the Riejka fans were only aout 100 in number but made more noise than a thousand.

Now I'm not saying that football has to played in a slow build up, with pass and move the order of the day, but as i was watching it i was just thinking that half those boys would take the absolute piss out of most of the players in our league...provided they werent slpit in two by ross tokely after 5 minutes.

Not really able to comment on most of the leagues in there, but I watched a Dinamo Zagreb vs Riejka game when I was abroad last year and the difference from the SPL was unreal. It was played at such a slow pace, every player from centre half to centre forward looked comfortable on the ball and always looked for the short ball. Even when Riejka were 1-0 down and it was the 88th minute they werent just humping it forward to a big target man they were looking to get in behind the full backs.

The support for both teams as well was outstanding, Zagrebs Ultras didn't stop singing from the 1st minute and the Riejka fans were only aout 100 in number but made more noise than a thousand.

Now I'm not saying that football has to played in a slow build up, with pass and move the order of the day, but as i was watching it i was just thinking that half those boys would take the absolute piss out of most of the players in our league...provided they werent slpit in two by ross tokely after 5 minutes.

Interesting, i try to take a game in somewhere on holiday wherever i am, did it end 1-0?