The Ubiquitous Hoops

roboscot

Get a load of this cunt.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines..._on_the_act.php

In a previous existence, I was required every day to look at photographs from troublespots all over the world andplace some of these images in the newspaper.

It was amazing how often a green and white shirt crept into the picture. There was a regular, almost stereotypical scene. It consisted of a khaki-clad soldier, a burnt-out car and an observer in hoops looking on with the most casual of interest.

"Where's that?" an editor once asked of me.

I would reply Gaza, Basra, the Golan Heights, Beirut or wherever.

The great unwashed reaching out to each other.

Andy, who has a nose so blue it is a candidate for resuscitation, was less than impressed. "Hoops? Everywhere? They won't be at Hampden this weekend."

He calls himself our friend. We call him something else.

Find some new mates, Andy.

Showing his colours there, although at keast in hat paper Daryll Broadfoot balances it out. hugh McDonald makes some really basic mistakes in what he says a lot of the time. His credibility is even more downhill than it was....

Get a load of this cunt.

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines..._on_the_act.php

In a previous existence, I was required every day to look at photographs from troublespots all over the world andplace some of these images in the newspaper.

It was amazing how often a green and white shirt crept into the picture. There was a regular, almost stereotypical scene. It consisted of a khaki-clad soldier, a burnt-out car and an observer in hoops looking on with the most casual of interest.

"Where's that?" an editor once asked of me.

I would reply Gaza, Basra, the Golan Heights, Beirut or wherever.

The great unwashed reaching out to each other.

Andy, who has a nose so blue it is a candidate for resuscitation, was less than impressed. "Hoops? Everywhere? They won't be at Hampden this weekend."

He calls himself our friend. We call him something else.

Find some new mates, Andy.

I would reply......."anywhere there is trouble" :wanker:

Yes, I am with Slim Jim on this one. If he had written about bears standing in the background of every trouble spot in the world, most people would be furious. I'm not sure it is much of a compliment to them either :lol:

Having been to various trouble spots around the world, as well as numerous obscure little places in the middle of absolute nowhere, I am pleased to say I have never seen the bheggars hoops being worn. If you want to see grey and green in the midst of destruction, go to Royston not Kabul or Beirut.