Another semi final at hampden

fucking awful attempt to win the ball, even worse that the commentators claim that he was entitled to go for it

cannot believe that the ref never took action against the player or even gave a free kick

I thought he won the ball actually (tu)

It doesn't matter if he won the ball.

You simply can't go in knee high with your studs showing like that.

no way was it a fair tackle, mendes had jumped off the ground and the guy still managed to stud him in the knee

ref says the defender played the ball but he must have battered mendes first to get it

no defender worth his salt would have went for it in the first place, guy could easily have tracked mendes as he was going nowhere and had a cunt of a ball to control

no way was it a fair tackle, mendes had jumped off the ground and the guy still managed to stud him in the knee

ref says the defender played the ball but he must have battered mendes first to get it

no defender worth his salt would have went for it in the first place, guy could easily have tracked mendes as he was going nowhere and had a cunt of a ball to control

If Weir or Boogie hadnt went in and won that ball from the likes of Scott Brown or Aguiar, i would have been raging. The ball was there to be won and he won it.

If the boot was on the other foot, there would be people saying "fantastic tackle"

(tu)

not for me

if weir and bougherra had went in for that tackle i'd be worried about how good they were

fact is mendes was always going to get their first and the guy crocked him just to get to the ball

How in hells name can you say Mendes was always going to get their first when Haining WON THE BALL ffs :lol:

not for me

if weir and bougherra had went in for that tackle i'd be worried about how good they were

fact is mendes was always going to get their first and the guy crocked him just to get to the ball

How in hells name can you say Mendes was always going to get their first when Haining WON THE BALL ffs :lol:

By going straight through Mendes's knee..................

not for me

Did he hit the knee or ball first ?

not for me

Did he hit the knee or ball first ?

his knee by looks of it, think thats why everyone is going nuts about the tackle

his knee by looks of it, think thats why everyone is going nuts about the tackle

Fairy nuff.

I personally thought he won the ball then followed through though granted the TV angle wasnt great. All im saying though is that i would expect my players to be winning those balls in the centre of the park and therefore expect other teams to have the same attitude. (tu)

Fairy nuff.

I personally thought he won the ball then followed through though granted the TV angle wasnt great. All im saying though is that i would expect my players to be winning those balls in the centre of the park and therefore expect other teams to have the same attitude. (tu)

I would expect my players to win those balls too. What I wouldn't expect is my players to win them by making knee high, studs up, dangerous tackles that can cost another professional months of his career.

Fairy nuff.

I would expect my players to win those balls too. What I wouldn't expect is my players to win them by making knee high, studs up, dangerous tackles that can cost another professional months of his career.

Im sure the likes of Greig, Souness, Butcher, Roberts et all would disagree with you. (tu)

like i said, i believe the guy was NEVER getting there first, and to attempt the tackle was nothing short of cynical

even if it was a genuine attempt to win the ball, the height of his foot, along with the studs up showed that he gave little if no consideration for the opposition player who was in front of him