Steven Davis shows that he's best centrally!

Boab

Great to see davis playing a bit better, he should be doing it very week though.

The way some go on about it on here you would think he he was being asked to play as a winger instead of the right side of midfield. Lets hope this is his level for the rest of the season as he is capable and owes us some big performances

Glad to see him playing in the middle as I thought he looked better there. Didnt actually think he had the best of games IMO, although I thought he did really well for the first assist, got a bit lucky on the second assist because his touch was poor and haining should have made a challenge. I think he is starting to look disinterested playing out on the right so hopefully he will get more of a chance through the middle.

Davis was my man of the match today,

Our 1st he played a threw ball to boyd, which then velicka got his chance off the rebound,

2nd goal was an unbelieveable run, and was the perfect time to pass (not too early and not too late)

and the 3rd he was in the 6 yard box (i think) and instead of going for goal like most would he gave it to kenny

im glad he made all those who said he should be dropped eat their words, this boys a class act when played in his proper position

WATP

said for about three fucking months to bring him into the centre, Novo brings so much to the wing. Would anyone listen.....would they fuck

Glad to see him playing in the middle as I thought he looked better there. Didnt actually think he had the best of games IMO, although I thought he did really well for the first assist, got a bit lucky on the second assist because his touch was poor and haining should have made a challenge. I think he is starting to look disinterested playing out on the right so hopefully he will get more of a chance through the middle.

He has had many better games but today was a big improvement on previous weeks.

Haining got caught in two minds, clatter into Davis or cover Boyd, he did neither and left Davis alone to slip one to Boyd, goal.

It's just so fuckin' frustrating that it took Mendes being injured for Smith to actually be woken up to the fact that Davis operates best through the middle. What a difference.

And sadly, so typical of WS. Davis really did well in the middle though - impressive showing today.

It's just so fuckin' frustrating that it took Mendes being injured for Smith to actually be woken up to the fact that Davis operates best through the middle. What a difference.

And sadly, so typical of WS. Davis really did well in the middle though - impressive showing today.

There has been a lot said about how disappointing Davis has been this season and a lot of it is fair comment. He must be so frustrated being stuck out wide right all the time though. I think he showed Smith that in the second half today.

If you play players in their proper positions you invariably get the best out of them. I'm your typical glass is half empty man who thinks we won't win the league - but with the way things are going because of injuries, Smith is being forced to play a more attacking balanced team. We may yet win this league because Smith's being backed into a corner and has no option but to go for it.