Mendes injury latest

Boab

Midfielder has thigh knock & has been iced strapped up. Full extent of damage won't be known for a day or two. Gers hopeful its not serious.

Official text.

St Mirren seem to realise more than anyone they can kick our team about and get away with it from officials, Beasley and Papac went off injured at St Mirren park and then there was that today. I had a good view of it and it looked like he was just playing the man, how was it not a booking?

St Mirren seem to realise more than anyone they can kick our team about and get away with it from officials, Beasley and Papac went off injured at St Mirren park and then there was that today. I had a good view of it and it looked like he was just playing the man, how was it not a booking?

I know this is now on another thread but the TV angle looked like he played the ball first. Add to that, the lack of any claims for even a foul from any Gers players(think the ref actually gave a shy) and Millers comments at the end of the game, and i think its been a bit of an over-reaction to what was a tough challenge from a big centre half.

After being kicked, didn't Mendes' knee hit the ground hard after tumbling and then favoring his knee?

Yeah, but they said he had stud marks in the inflamed bit, so it would have been from the studs

I know this is now on another thread but the TV angle looked like he played the ball first. Add to that, the lack of any claims for even a foul from any Gers players(think the ref actually gave a shy) and Millers comments at the end of the game, and i think its been a bit of an over-reaction to what was a tough challenge from a big centre half.

thank fook for that cause at the game i never thought it was a foul as i thought mendes was slow goin for the ball that he should have won easily

although that hanning will be happy as he is a mega earl

by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS are hoping that Portuguese playmaker Pedro Mendes will not be missing from the climax to the season.

Mendes suffered a heavy thigh injury just before half-time in the semi-final with St Mirren in a challenge with Will Haining and had to be carried off.

The former Tottenham and Porto star looked in serious discomfort as he was taken up the tunnel on a stretcher and the initial fears were that he had suffered a serious knee problem.

However, while he is in discomfort Rangers are hoping the injury will not prevent him from playing a key role in the final five SPL matches and, of course, the Cup Final on May 30.

Assistant boss Ally McCoist said: "I spoke with Pedro and he is very sore at the moment. From our point of view we hope it's nothing more than a kick on the botom of the thigh.

"He is iced up and he he has been strapped up and we will have a better idea in the next couple of days."

Mendes left Hampden on crutches but the Murray Park medical team will get to work on him from Monday once the swelling has gone down.

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/Ne...1639116,00.html

They should be getting to work on it right away, there must be various machines around Murray park that can get the swelling down, increase the blood flow whatever, rather that wait till its all stiffened up come Monday.

Played better without him, won't be a big miss if he's out anyway,what has he done?? we don't need mendes against celtic, Like Celtic need scott Brown against us. and he's not got the heart or the baws for the big games. we need hard cunts. not Heartless cunts playing against them.

:uk:

Played better without him, won't be a big miss if he's out anyway,what has he done?? we don't need mendes against celtic, Like Celtic need scott Brown against us. and he's not got the heart or the baws for the big games. we need hard cunts. not Heartless cunts playing against them.

:uk:

Mendes isn't good enough to play against Celtic?

Oh dear :anguish:

They should be getting to work on it right away, there must be various machines around Murray park that can get the swelling down, increase the blood flow whatever, rather that wait till its all stiffened up come Monday.

are you a doctor or just undermining doctors?

are you a doctor or just undermining doctors?