Falkirk managing director George Craig added: "I'm looking for a 50-50 split.

Boab

Published Date: 28 April 2009

By Angus Wright

FALKIRK will be looking for at least 20,000 tickets from the SFA for next month's Homecoming Scottish Cup final against Rangers at Hampden.

The Bairns reached the showpiece occasion for the first time since 1997 with a 2-0 win over Dunfermline Athletic at the national stadium on Sunday in front of a total crowd of just 17,124. The other semi-final on Saturday between the Ibrox side and St Mirren, which Rangers won 3-0, attracted 32,431 supporters, around 20,000 short of capacity, but there is bound to be the usual high demand for tickets for the 30 May final.

Alex Totten was Falkirk manager when they lost to Kilmarnock in 1997 and now works for the Bairns' commercial department. He says the race for tickets among excited Falkirk fans has already begun – and he will be looking for at least 20,000 to satisfy demand.

"I have already had fans on the phone this morning asking about tickets and they haven't even been printed yet," said Totten. "There is a great sense of excitement in the town already, just like the last time we reached the final. It will be a fantastic occasion against Rangers with a full house of 52,000 at Hampden. We took 22,000 fans to Ibrox for the final in 1997 and so we will be looking for at least 20,000 tickets this time, although it would be great if we could get 25,000.

"We had around 9,000 to 10,000 fans at Hampden on Sunday but the final is a day when everyone wants to go, the grannys, the grandads and children. It will be another great day and the whole of Falkirk is looking forward to it."

Falkirk managing director George Craig added: "I'm looking for a 50-50 split. I would have sympathy for Rangers as they are a hugely supported club, but you want equal backing."

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Falkirk-to...kets.5210794.jp

---

Rangers won Saturday's other semi-final 3-0 in front of a crowd of just 32,431. Demand from the Ibrox support is certain to outstrip supply, however, with the general secretary of the Rangers Supporters' Association last night insisting Falkirk should receive no more than 10,000.

The issue is further complicated by the fact that 9,000 briefs go to debenture holders and John McMillan of the Rangers Supporters' Association said: 'This is a thorny issue and one I expected to come up. I have a degree of sympathy for smaller clubs - and I mean no disrespect by using that term - but they have to be realistic.

'I know that our own supporters are always up in arms when tickets for cup finals end up in the hands of corporate hospitality packages when ordinary fans find it difficult to get their hands on one.

'Falkirk's average home crowd is just over 5,000 and that includes the travelling support, so I think it would be reasonable to give them along the lines of 10,000 tickets for the final.

'Even then, we wouldn't be able to accommodate all of our season-ticket holders - but to split the allocation in half would be grossly unfair.

'Apart from anything else, I would question where all these Falkirk supporters have been. They're certainly not going to watch their club every week and they weren't even at Hampden when they beat Dunfermline in Sunday's semi-final.

'However, now they've reached the final they're coming out of the cracks and that's not right.'

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...s.html?ITO=1490

Published Date: 28 April 2009

By Angus Wright

FALKIRK will be looking for at least 20,000 tickets from the SFA for next month's Homecoming Scottish Cup final against Rangers at Hampden.

The Bairns reached the showpiece occasion for the first time since 1997 with a 2-0 win over Dunfermline Athletic at the national stadium on Sunday in front of a total crowd of just 17,124. The other semi-final on Saturday between the Ibrox side and St Mirren, which Rangers won 3-0, attracted 32,431 supporters, around 20,000 short of capacity, but there is bound to be the usual high demand for tickets for the 30 May final.

Alex Totten was Falkirk manager when they lost to Kilmarnock in 1997 and now works for the Bairns' commercial department. He says the race for tickets among excited Falkirk fans has already begun – and he will be looking for at least 20,000 to satisfy demand.

"I have already had fans on the phone this morning asking about tickets and they haven't even been printed yet," said Totten. "There is a great sense of excitement in the town already, just like the last time we reached the final. It will be a fantastic occasion against Rangers with a full house of 52,000 at Hampden. We took 22,000 fans to Ibrox for the final in 1997 and so we will be looking for at least 20,000 tickets this time, although it would be great if we could get 25,000.

"We had around 9,000 to 10,000 fans at Hampden on Sunday but the final is a day when everyone wants to go, the grannys, the grandads and children. It will be another great day and the whole of Falkirk is looking forward to it."

Falkirk managing director George Craig added: "I'm looking for a 50-50 split. I would have sympathy for Rangers as they are a hugely supported club, but you want equal backing."

http://sport.scotsman.com/sport/Falkirk-to...kets.5210794.jp

What a fuckin' dreamer. It's the usual shite when a team like this gets to the final, half the town wants to go when they can't find their way to their own ground every other week. I have to laugh at his 20,000 but it would be nice to get 25,000 jibe. You will be lucky if there is even 40,000 tickets left for Rangers and Falkirk once the corporate tickets are dolled out.

If even half of the 20,000 poeple who are wantin tickets for the Falkirk turned up at their home games then they probably wouldn't be strugglin at the bottom of the league. Its the same for the other wee diddy teams

Fans who went to the semi should have been given a voucher entitling them to get a ticket for the final (falkirk fans) and their season ticket holders should have been given a ticket and that is it. Glory hunters like the rest should not get tickets and loyal bears should get the chance.

Fans who went to the semi should have been given a voucher entitling them to get a ticket for the final (falkirk fans) and their season ticket holders should have been given a ticket and that is it. Glory hunters like the rest should not get tickets and loyal bears should get the chance.

Aye a went to the semi,but did not buy it through Rangers.a bought it off someone outide ibrox who had a spare. so were does that leave me????

Aye a went to the semi,but did not buy it through Rangers.a bought it off someone outide ibrox who had a spare. so were does that leave me????

shit creek without a paddle (tu)

It should be a 50-50 split!

It is a neutral stadium so each team should get 20,000. This is a once in a greneration match for Bairns fans and it is understandable that everyone in the town will want to go and why not, let them have there great day. Rangers get to ath least one final every season, this is Falkirks 4th in their history. Falkirk took 22,000 to their last final.

Where were all the Rangers on Saturday? 20,000 is a joke of an attendance for a club who have 40,000 season ticket holders.

Every FA Cup Final is a 50-50 split no matter who is playing. And that is the way it should be here as well, it will make for a better atomosphere. Rangers think that they deserve to get everything there way.

So Falkirk shoudl be give half the tickets and if they cant sell them should have to give some back.

It is a neutral stadium so each team should get 20,000. This is a once in a greneration match for Bairns fans and it is understandable that everyone in the town will want to go and why not, let them have there great day. Rangers get to ath least one final every season, this is Falkirks 4th in their history. Falkirk took 22,000 to their last final.

Where were all the Rangers on Saturday? 20,000 is a joke of an attendance for a club who have 40,000 season ticket holders.

Every FA Cup Final is a 50-50 split no matter who is playing. And that is the way it should be here as well, it will make for a better atomosphere. Rangers think that they deserve to get everything there way.

So Falkirk shoudl be give half the tickets and if they cant sell them should have to give some back.

you will find me in a minority but i actually agree with you

but if you dont sell the 20,000 they should not go to rangers the seats should remain empty to prove that the 50/50 split is not right

if you can sell half the ground then fair play to you but if you cant then you should ask for a smaller allocation

20,000 at the semi final is doubl that of what falkirk took so if you want this to be fair we should get double the ticket allocation as we took double the amount of fans to the semi now do you think thats fair?

spot the falkirk fan. Dream on.

http://www.scotprem.com/content/default.as...home_Statistics

Have a wee look at that 5616 average home attendance and you think you deserve 20000 tickets? 15000 maximum and thats nearly 3 times your average attendance at home. So there may have only been 20000 rangers fans on saturday but theres 50000 go every week. Missing one game is one thing, were are the 15000 extra fans that you want tickets for? Theres a big difference between 20000 missing one game and 15000 odd "falkirk supporters" that have probably never even been to a falkirk game deciding they want to go and "support" them now they are in a final. I dont think its right people getting tickets just for the final when they havent attended any games for the whole season. If you want a ticket you should be following your club the whole season.

Have a wee look at that 5616 average home attendance and you think you deserve 20000 tickets? 15000 maximum and thats nearly 3 times your average attendance at home. So there may have only been 20000 rangers fans on saturday but theres 50000 go every week. Missing one game is one thing, were are the 15000 extra fans that you want tickets for? Theres a big difference between 20000 missing one game and 15000 odd "falkirk supporters" that have probably never even been to a falkirk game deciding they want to go and "support" them now they are in a final. I dont think its right people getting tickets just for the final when they havent attended any games for the whole season. If you want a ticket you should be following your club the whole season.

do they even fill their away allocation at Ibrox? I cant remember

I just don't see why a team that has an average attendance of 5,000 should get 20,000 tickets. Every FA Cup final is split because those teams in England have enough fans, I'm not sure Falkirk do. Dunfermline even took more to semi-final on Sunday. If you can sell 20,000 tickets then fair play (tu) those 'fans' should turn up every week though

do they even fill their away allocation at Ibrox? I cant remember

dont think so, the falkirk game in jan or feb was one of our lowest attendances for a saturday game this season.

I know quite a few Falkirk fans that were at the final, and they told me that they were told to keep their wee ticket stub things and it would guarantee them a ticket for the final.

People are not addressing this point. I'd like to hear opinions from people. Were there only 20,000 bears at the game? If so, was this because we were not given any more tickets than that or because people couldn't be arsed going?

People are not addressing this point. I'd like to hear opinions from people. Were there only 20,000 bears at the game? If so, was this because we were not given any more tickets than that or because people couldn't be arsed going?

a combination of couldnt be arsed/early kick off/live on telly gers did have 20-22,000 fans at the game

there was guys standing outside trying to get rid of spares that wont be a problem for the final

Scummy wee teams like you accuse us (and the dhims) of being glory hunters , this is glory hunting at it's very worst - away back to your Big Top Stadium along with your "one-game-in-a-lifetime-supporters" and leave the tickets for fans who actually contribute something to Scottish football - Flucking Glory Hunting bassas