Who are your favourite players?

Danny

With all the negativity going on about some players, I thought it would make a nice change to point out our favourite 5 current Rangers players, with reasons.

For me in no order:

Bougherra. After a slow first 4 or 5 months, he's become basically indispensible now he's got to grips with the Scottish game. He's bloomed greatly and after my total previous apathy, he's completely won me over.

Lafferty. Another one who had a slow, slow start but in the 3 or so games prior to injury he was finally showing his class. Able to hold the ball up, shoot, score, and is a lot quicker than he looked at the start of the season. Probably our best striker.

Edu. Has come in and done a neat, tidy job in the middle of the park, and been instrumental in our run of 5 straight wins. Does the dirty work, the tracking back, the running around and harrying oppositions players, letting his partner do the shiny creative stuff.

Davis. Despite a slightly less consistent recent 3 months, his overall contribution this year has been terrific. He's not especially flashy, but he's solid, and he has exceptional pace when he uses it. Can pick a pass, and score a goal or two, but definitely a bit wasted out on the right wing.

Whittaker. Struggled with inconsistency while being shunted all over the place earlier in the season, and being in and out of the side, Whittaker is now enjoying a spell of starts in the first team at RB or LB when needed, and has truly won over many of his detractors. Yup, he's not the most defensively brilliant at all times, but he's able, and is especially effective coming up on the right wing.

How about you lot :)

With all the negativity going on about some players, I thought it would make a nice change to point out our favourite 5 current Rangers players, with reasons.

For me in no order:

Bougherra. After a slow first 4 or 5 months, he's become basically indispensible now he's got to grips with the Scottish game. He's bloomed greatly and after my total previous apathy, he's completely won me over.

In your opinion, many folk were fans of him from pretty early on and seen his talents.

For me in no order:

In your opinion, many folk were fans of him from pretty early on and seen his talents.

Funny then that he didn't get nominated for POTY...

But yes, this is all about opinions.

For me in no order:

I would have him instead of Davis looking at it with blue (tinted) specs...and I do actually do have Blue and Red Specs.

Bougherra-If it wasn't for him we would be well and trully f*cked, he holds the defence together, the way he plays the ball out from back always looking for a pass rather than hoof it away. He is quick and has abit of skill in him

Thomson- For the best part of a year before he got injured he was playing great, start of the season he was abolutely outstanding 7 games 3 goals 4 assists and 1 yellow card, he was playing better, consistently better than our midfielders Davis and Mendes. He offers what others in the team were not drive, commitment, strong in the tackle added to that passing and he was adding more to his game:goals assists and his temper was in control

Edu- Don't know why just have a soft spot for the big man

Lafferty- After being shunted wide left and wide right when he got his chance upfront he took and looked good. Scoring, holding the ball up, bringing midfield into play, can beat man and quiet quick.

I pretty well agree with Danny, although I thought Edu had a 'mare in the first half on Saturday...

And although he's shaded off recently Mendes has a lovely touch.

I like the look of young Little as well, but it's a bit early to say.

Mendes - a light in a pool of mediocrity. First season inconsistency I accept for the matches and moments when he delivers sublime football skill.

Magic - made me forget Cuellar faster than I dared hope.

Boyd - frustrates me as much as the next - but the goals are precious.

Thomson - all the more remarkable given his injury enforced absence. A Rangers captain in waiting.

The Papac - God bless him right enough. Mr consistency and a very decent player to boot.

(tu)

For me in no order:

Who ever voted for the POLY Thing have not got a clue, Boyd isn't even on it 100 goals what more do u have to do,Bougherra not on it, davis and mendes are on it and they have been pish most of this season,and scott Brown is on it and he is just a hacking Moaning cunt.

My favorite players are

Davis

Edu

Bougherra

Papac

Mendes (when he kicks the ball)

All 5 are good players, Bougherra, Papac, Davis have been probably our 3 best players this season...If Edu had got more games im pretty sure he would be to

Davis is gettn wasted out on the right, i think his best position would be in behind the 2 strikers..because he's got an eye for a pass, great pace and he's skillful...or as i like to call players like that "Stephen McManus' nightmare"

Steven Davis- as Danny said, he's had a rough patch the last couple of months, but when he's on, he's a very efficient and hardworking player.

Kevin Thomson- Was performing exceptionally well before he got injured, always gives 100%, and is willing to make a tackle and do the dirty work.

Maurice Edu- has really blossomed in the last couple of weeks into a presence we have been missing since Thomson got injured. He rarely wastes a pass, and is generally all over the park.

Sasa Papac- while not the best player technically, he is remarkably consistent and always gives his all.

Edit:

Can't believe I forgot Nacho Novo! He's a guy that definitely bleeds blue, and I wish all of our players had his heart and desire

Boyd- May frustrate the fuck out of you but he scores goals and there is NO-ONE we can afford who would score as many.

Thomson- Defo future captain and brings that bite we seem to be lacking in midfield.

Papac- unsung hero, does his work effieciently and links well with who ever goes on the left side of mid.

Novo- like boyd frustrating as fuck but can bring that magic goal from nowhere against the big boys and gives 100% EVERYTIME

Lafferty- slow start that i expected and looks to be becoming the player i thought he could be

Boyd - like everyones said, not the best technical player but puts them in well for us, not bad for 400k!

Bougherra - put in some great shifts at the back, great player.

Thomson - Brilliant player before he got injured, i hope he comes back the same way he went out.

Whittaker - more for his forward runs and odd goals than his defending

McGregor - Not quite at the form he was in Europe last season, but still great between the sticks

Kevin Thomson, Madjid Bougherra and Steven Davis.

Kevin Thomson; the only player with a bit of dig in him, covers every blade of the park, his distribution is good, and, he has a footballing brain. He makes Rangers tick. Before his injury he began to get forward more often, popped up with a few goals, and, some assists. He's also cut out the stupid bookings. Every team needs a player like Kevin Thomson.

Madjid Bougherra; brought in to fill Carlos Cuellar's boots, and, what a job he has done from day 1! Easily Rangers most consistant player, and, probably the SPL's aswell. Streets ahead of Caldwell. A very good defender, and, footballer.

Steven Davis; been a big fan of his since his Villa days. Was over the moon when we signed him on a loan deal, was even happier when we made it permenant. He's been badly off form for the last 4 months, but when he does play, you can see how good a player he is, even when wasted out on the right. 7 assists, and 6 goals in the SPL is not a bad return. He has pace, energy, drive, good on the ball, good bit of skill, can pick a pass....

Thomson: Does the dirty, hard work that not many midfielders are interested in doing these days. Hard working, commited, driven, rarely wastes a pass and as a whole those attributes made the team play better. In his first full season, for me, he was very much the unsung hero and was a huge part of our success.

Boyd: The man scores goals, and in the days of Flo, Arveladze, Mols and so on the years 01-05 (when Boyd signed) we were crying out for a consistent goalscorer. In Boyd we have that, be that against top 6 or bottom 6, the man scores goals. 100 goals in 110 starts is phenomenal and the fact he is less than 20 goals short of Larrsons SPL total is a superb achievement.

Davis: Seriously lacking in form this side of christmas, but his assist tally and goals from the right wing, playing out of position have been vital. His astute signing last January was a really smart piece of buisness and he rarely let us down last year. He has more to offer this season and I hope we get it out of him.

Weir: David Weir is arguably, next to Cuellar, Walters best signing of his second spell. Normally very reliable, he reads the game superbly to make up for his lack of pace, he calms those around him and genuinely brings out the best of his defensive partners. He's a model professional, he takes care of himself and his body and is already helping in Danny Wilsons education as a footballer, something many of us have wanted for a while.

Bougherra: Bougherra would have been a great partner for Cuellar. He struggled, for me, in the first month or two but thank god we've had him this season. Much like Thomson in OF games, when we don't have him, we're struggle. We've not lost with him in the team against the mhanks, and haven't looked like losing. He looks to pass the ball out from the back and tries to push the team up a bit. His pace and skill are invaluable and compliments the defense well.

Thomson - If he returns from his injury the same player then he really could be a Rangers great. Gives 100% and adds dig in midfield but is a much more accomplished passer of the ball than he gets credit for. Could become the complete midfielder if he can add goals to his game ... which he was showing signs of just before his injury.

Boyd - Gets far too much stick for my liking. Some of it is justified but it's obvious he has worked on his game and is trying to be a better striker outside the box. Will never give the workrate of a Miller but doesn't have to.

Bougherra - A breath of fresh air at the back. Pacey, reads the game well and solid in the tackle. Iis just as good going forward and covers for Weir's ageing legs.

Novo - Will always give his all and is a great player to come off the bench and add some pace and tenacity - as well as the odd bit of magic - to the game. Not the most skilful player in the squad but is worth his weight in gold with the important goals he scores.

Edu - Good on the ball and not even as half as lightweight as some like to make out. Can get stuck in in midfield as he showed against St Mirren and has scored a couple of important goals too. Could really prove his worth in the title run in.

hmmm

Thomson - mainly the reasons above, missed him so badly in the midfield, and, Edu compensates slightly for it, but not to the same level

Boyd - Goals! Pretty simple really. Plus, I am a lazy striker, so, I cant give him stick for that.

Boughera - Liked him ever since I went to a few games at Hillsborough when he played there, has that touch of "Amo" about him

Now, I would be struggling! So many youngsters I like, but, its all potential.....

Mendes - has cool hair! Maybe its the rocker in me, I like at least 1 long haired player in a team (told you I was struggling), and, good player when he turns up

Shagger - Despite everything (well, maybe BECAUSE of everything) I see him as a natural successor to Goram (who also had bad habits), and, feel calmer when he is in the goals

Honourable mentions to Weir (as long as its his last season) and Novo

I should point out that I deliberately excluded Thomson because he's injured and only just now starting to lightly train again (though I'm not sure I'd actually include him in my top 5 tbh).

I mean current players, or those close to fitness (Lafferty)

For me in no order:

Who ever voted for the POLY Thing have not got a clue, Boyd isn't even on it 100 goals what more do u have to do,Bougherra not on it, davis and mendes are on it and they have been pish most of this season,and scott Brown is on it and he is just a hacking Moaning cunt.

The players themselves voted for Mendes, Davis, Caldwell and Brown.

It's the Players' POTY after all.

In no order

Lafferty - i think we all saw what he is capable of when given a chance up front, very enthusiastic as well, and a young player that i think has a big future with us.

Mendes - He has been off the boil a wee bit, but he is the only 1 that can perform moments of magic when needed, and i think played beside a few other quality players he will really shine more. I look forward to Thommo's return to see these 2 back together again as i thought they were excellent.

Bougherra - A rock, whenever he doesnt play we struggle as we have no one even remotely as good as him to replace him.

Velicka - Everyone doubted this big guy saying he was shite etc, without even really seeing him kick a ball for us. But whenever he does play , he gets stuck right in and gets goals. You need a player like him in the side in the SPL IMO.

Would also have Thomson but he is injured :(

In no order

Thomson - Not scared to go into a tackle, nice smooth passer of the ball, best player at Rangers before he got injured, I have no doubts that he will be Rangers captain.

Davis - Great player, works his socks off for us, nice tidy passer, I feel he's better in the CM role, compared to RM.

Boydy - Lazy bastard, but seems to be improving to his game, but great finisher as everyone knows.

Bougherra - So fucking classy, especially when he just takes the ball and runs with it, great to see a central defender doing that. :D

Lafferty - Got a slagging when he first came to Rangers because he wasn't living up to all expectation, like the fact he likes to get on the ball and run with it, showed that he is a good finisher.

Thomson - Next Rangers captain for me.

Lafferty - Played really well for us his few games before he was injured. Even out on the right against Celtic in CIS he was probably our best player until he was taken off.

Edu - Really enjoy when his name is on the team sheet. Think he will have a big future for us.

Papac - I would like to see him being played CB with Bougie, would save having to buy another top not CB.

Bougie - Been really good for us, especially considering the fact he was coming in to replace probably one of the best defenders we have ever had since Gough. Doesn't get the credit Carlos did and hasn't been given a chance in Europe yet, so I am looking forward to seeing him play in the Champions League.

Felt I needed to put this in - Novo. Great heart he has for our club. Can be quite frustrating but will then just be in the right place at the right time. Doesn't play as regularly as he would probably like, but his loyalty is never in question.

Thomson - Our future captain. Been a fan of him from day one and it shows how important he is when he's not playing, especially against the scum.

Davis - A very good CM but wasted out on the right. 6 goals and 13 assists this season is a good return.

Bougherra - Our most consistant and valuable player. Filled Carlos Cuellar's boots with ease and is posibly a better footballer.

Boogie - solid footballing defender

davvis - skillful and creative when on form, good change of pace

Ferguson - i just love the man, even if he isnt playing well/doesnt deserve to be in the team

Mcgregor - just a great goalkeeper

Whittaker - skillful, good on the ball scores sum gr8 goals