***The Offical Barcelona V Chelsea Thread***

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

tbh Cole is shit at LB anyway - most overated LB around. Messi will have a harder time against Bosingwa who Alvez only just edged out in my world 11 at that RB position.

So much is being focused on keeping Messi quiet. Barcelona are far from a one man team.

They'll have just as hard a job keeping Xavi, Iniesta, Henry, Eto'o and Alves out of the game.

If Barcelona turn up and play the way they can, no matter how well Chelsea play they dont have a hope in hell of keeping a respectable scoreline.

So much is being focused on keeping Messi quiet. Barcelona are far from a one man team.

They'll have just as hard a job keeping Xavi, Iniesta, Henry, Eto'o and Alves out of the game.

If Barcelona turn up and play the way they can, no matter how well Chelsea play they dont have a hope in hell of keeping a respectable scoreline.

I still think Barcelona are vulnerable at the back and I've never really rated puyol against your big drogba-esque target man.

I still think Barcelona are vulnerable at the back and I've never really rated puyol against your big drogba-esque target man.

TBF the defence isnt actually that poor, just in comparison to their attacking force it doesnt look so great.

Puyol and Marquez are both experienced CB's and with Yaya Toure sitting in front i think they can cope.

If Chelsea didnt have Essien they'd be porperly fucked though.

I hope Barcelona take them apart!

If I were Hiddink, I'd play Carvalho at LB, and, keep Essien in the middle. Carvalho is a better option than Bosingwa, and, will be able to do a job. Essien in the middle to deal with Iniesta, and, Xavi, and Messi, as he likes to cut inside a lot.

Cech

Ivanovic Terry Alex Carvalho

Essien Mikel

Ballack Lampard Malouda

Drogba

I hope Barca tank them. Really looking forward to this game.

I wonder if Hiddink will play Essien in a similar role to that of the liverpool game where he man marked Gerrard but this time on Messi?