Barca stars slam negative Chelsea

sounds like a familiar complaint :craphead: But the english punters were delving out the praise for Chelsea of course

Barca stars slam negative Chelsea

BARCELONA'S players rounded on what they deemed a negative and cynical Chelsea side following the 0-0 draw in the first leg of their Champions League semi-final last night.

Barca failed to score at home for the first time this season against a Chelsea side which defended in numbers and committed almost three times as many fouls as the Catalans.

Chelsea often had nine men behind the ball, with just Didier Drogba alone up front.

Midfielder Xavi accused Chelsea of unsporting behaviour.

There were some actions which were clear yellow cards and not even a foul was given, and then (Yaya) Toure was booked for protesting.

"One team wanted to play and the other one didn't, it's a shame ... there's all this talk about fair play, but I haven't seen any from them," he said.

Toure, who was booked for protesting a refereeing decision, believes German official Wolfgang Stark should have punished Chelsea for persistent fouling.

"It was worse than deplorable - it looked as if he had come to help Chelsea," he said.

Carles Puyol's booking means he is suspended for the return leg.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...ive_chelsea.php

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It is true that Chelsea played a defensive game, but they got the result they needed and they deserved it.

If anything, guys like Alvez should have been booked for feigning injury.

It is true that Chelsea played a defensive game, but they got the result they needed and they deserved it.

Chelsea tried to kick them off the park. :)

This whinging from barca is a bit tedious.

They seem to think teams should play a way that suits them, rather than try to get a result.

It's called fkn tactics.

I know manti but its great to see a team try to play the game the way it should be played.

Guest therabbitt

Its the anti-football guff line again. Do Barca really expect teams to come to the Nou Camp and play a lovely open game that will result in them tearing teams to shreds and passing them off the park? Morons.

That game was shite, wasted my midweek beer on it as well.

But this constant bleating from Barca is embarassing, Hiddink would have been crucified if he'd gone to the nou camp and tried to play an open attacking game.

Its the anti-football guff line again. Do Barca really expect teams to come to the Nou Camp and play a lovely open game that will result in them tearing teams to shreds and passing them off the park? Morons.

exactly m8 :rolleyes: mon the chelsea :craphead:

:lol: take that! I hate teams from the continent. They play some lovely open football sometimes but when someone closes up shop and they can't play they want it's toys out the pram time. Then you have hispanic folk falling all over the place :craphead:

aye he should have and Ballack should have been sent off for a blatant hand in the face on iniesta and also for feigning injury in the final minutes, he was quick enough to get up when barca mounted another attack. (tu)

i'm still waiting for my apology :craphead:

This whinging from barca is a bit tedious.

They seem to think teams should play a way that suits them, rather than try to get a result.

It's called fkn tactics.

I know manti but its great to see a team try to play the game the way it should be played.

I agree, I really like their passing game, but they seem to think that teams shouldn't play to their own strengths.

:lol: take that! I hate teams from the continent. They play some lovely open football sometimes but when someone closes up shop and they can't play they want it's toys out the pram time. Then you have hispanic folk falling all over the place :craphead:

You mean like the catenaccio from the Italian teams ?

aye he should have and Ballack should have been sent off for a blatant hand in the face on iniesta and also for feigning injury in the final minutes, he was quick enough to get up when barca mounted another attack. (tu)

I'm sorry darling.

You mean like the catenaccio from the Italian teams ?

Obviously they don't play it as effectively as English teams as we once again have 3 English teams in the semis and how many Italian teams? I'm not sure that many Italian teams play a true catennaccio system anymore of the like Inter used in the 80s to win Europe.

The complaining from the Barcelona camp is a compliment to the Chelsea team as evidently they are under the skin of the Catalans. Chelsea have them shaken and i can see no reason why it won't be another all-English final.

Chelsea at home are as formidable is any in Europe, including Barcelona. (tu)

I'm sorry darling.

:lol: