The FIA really hate McLaren

J_RFC87

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/8024661.stm

McLaren have been given a suspended three-race ban for misleading stewards at the Australian Grand Prix by motor sport's governing body, the FIA.

They're always looking to bugger McLaren over, this is the 2nd time they've punished for something fairly petty. This is what puts me of the sport.

if they stuck within the rules they wouldn`t be in a court room getting a bollocking from the fia.

I like to see Hamilton do well but come on don`t lie to the stewards and wreck the sports integrity and keep it fair

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport...one/8024661.stm

McLaren have been given a suspended three-race ban for misleading stewards at the Australian Grand Prix by motor sport's governing body, the FIA.

They're always looking to bugger McLaren over, this is the 2nd time they've punished for something fairly petty. This is what puts me of the sport.

they do not this is a myth, if the company would stick to the FIA rules then there would be no problem and to call cheating petty is absolute nonsense. thats like us being beaten by the filth with fattie mcdonald clearly punching the ball over the line don't think you would call it petty in that instance.

punishment seems fair to me.

I wouldn't call the inicident petty at all. The main reason I think this is because they lied and got the honest competitor in Trulli stripped of his podium finish. 3 race ban is probably fair IMO, and I'm a McLaren fan.

The only time I've thought the FIA were unfair on McLaren is when Hamilton cut a corner to get ahead of Raikkonen last year, gave the place back and then overtook him into the next corner. I don't think he deserved his pit stop penalty for that which gave Massa the win. Apart from that, McLaren have probably deserved the punishments they've had.

I wouldn't call the inicident petty at all. The main reason I think this is because they lied and got the honest competitor in Trulli stripped of his podium finish. 3 race ban is probably fair IMO, and I'm a McLaren fan.

The only time I've thought the FIA were unfair on McLaren is when Hamilton cut a corner to get ahead of Raikkonen last year, gave the place back and then overtook him into the next corner. I don't think he deserved his pit stop penalty for that which gave Massa the win. Apart from that, McLaren have probably deserved the punishments they've had.

was a bit harsh that one i agree.

Harsh, indeed. There was a few ex-F1 legends who thought that decision wasn't the right one. I think Lauda was one and was Sir Jackie the other? Can't really remember.

Harsh, indeed. There was a few ex-F1 legends who thought that decision wasn't the right one. I think Lauda was one and was Sir Jackie the other? Can't really remember.

i think it was not too sure myself i know Lauda was one (tu)

I don't see what's harsh about a suspended sentence which doesn't actually enact any punishment on the team at all.

UNLESS new incriminating evidence comes to light.

They broke the rules, lied, and they are lucky nothing truly massive has ultimately come of it.

btw, Button and Brawn ftw :pipe: