What does the future hold for McGregor?

Danny

Simple as that.

He seems to have come out of Boozegate with enough humility and dignity that he's managed to get back into the first team squad now.

He is a valuable asset, no two ways about that. Only 9M man Gordon stopped him being the #1 for Scotland and I wouldn't be shocked if the OTT life ban is lifted in time.

Alexander is an able deputy, but presumably not a long term solution as our goalie.

Will McGregor be part of the apparent clear out in the window, with a significant number of millions received for him, or do we see him being retained and viewed as integral to the team, and to be reinstalled as #1 in the foreseeable future?

Shagger is a TOP quality keeper, and no doubt a world class one in time.

i think its a matter of time before he makes his way back into the team - only hope SDM isnt trying to freeze him out to cash in.

I think if we recieve a decent enough offer, he'll be out the door. I can see him remaining at Ibrox and eventually winning his place back, but I feel after all thats gone on and the financial situation we will be in come the summer, if we get a decent enough offer he'll be on his way.

He's a good keeper, with the potential to move onto a midtable-European challenging PL team. His weakness comes in decision making. He's pretty able in coming off his line to make catches, but he is poor at deciding when it's one he should come for and when it's one he should not.

Even though I would like him to stay as our number 1 (got a feeling he will start against Hearts to give him proper match practice for the Celtic game) if a really good offer came in for him I think he will be sold, question then is, who do Rangers get to replace him?

If we were offered anywhere in the region of £4-5m I would gladly take it.

:clap:

Great shot stopper but I just don't like his attitude, players with his mentality never make the most of their ability and if we don't win the league he will be one of the first out the door. He has probably already chopped a mil or two off his value because of his boozy reputation tho.

Forget bringing him back as no1 for the start of next season. I would be looking for him to get brought back for the Scum game next week.

I mean Alexander is a decent deputy but no where near Shaggers quality he is potentially world class. I mean only a few keepers could have pulled off that save he made in Germany last season.

And IMO they clearly wanted a reason to make an example out of Ferguson stupidly Shagger got caught up in it and was given a kick in the nuts as well for being Daft

I hope he plays against the tims as he is a big-game player. Alexander is adequate and no more.

If he goes I hope we sign a new no1, as Alexander isn't good enough.

People keep spouting this line off, but what exactly has Alexander done to suggest he isn't good enough to be our number 1?

I think some people feel Alexander is not as good as McGregor because he has not played a lot of games for Scotland (neither has McGregor) and that he has not been linked with moves to English clubs in the region of £6m+

IMO Alexander is a more than capable goalkeeper who has never let us down.

i think he will stay, just due to we have no decent back up for alexander! i would like him to stay as i think he is prob the best goaly in the s.p.l

but if sdm gets enough of an offer he may be pushed to go.