Rangers close to finalising Dortmund pre-season friendly on tour

Boab

Meanwhile, Rangers are close to agreeing a glamour pre-season friendly with Bundesliga giants Borussia Dortmund at the 80,000-seater Westfalen Stadion in the summer.

The Glasgow club will travel to Germany for a week-long training stint in July and will play two amateur teams before locking horns with Dortmund.

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...2504984.0.0.php

like to see us do a decent pre season this year , embarassed ourselves last term

(then again it was all falling apart long before manchester.)

a know, a went to that liverpool game got destroyed lol :anguish:

We should be trying to get a friendly with Hamburg. I would imagine they woud be delighted to play us given the relationship between both sets of supporters.

In saying that though, Dortmund will be a good test for us.

What he said

Is it Dortmund that has that huge stand that looks about a mile high behind one of their goals??

Aye it's phenomenal. My dad lives bout 20 mins from Dortmund so I'l be goin over. Was supposed to be at the Schalke game last year but was in Ayia Napa when it was on.

Why do we keep going to germany? I feel we're not expanding our name nor therefore making more money by these pre-season trips to Germany..

Germany is a great place to go for a tour as the people, food and beer is absolutely spot on.

Definitely my favourite country to go for euro trips with the gers.

Why do we keep going to germany? I feel we're not expanding our name nor therefore making more money by these pre-season trips to Germany..

Germany is a great place to go for a tour as the people, food and beer is absolutely spot on.

I love going there too, but 3 pre seasons in a row is getting silly.

We played 5 games in Germany last season :craphead:

Totally agree. My mate lives in Berlin, it's a beautiful place etc etc but the point remains, pre-season tours are about increasing players fitness and building on the clubs name worldwide. How many times have we been to Germany on a pre-season tour, i've really no idea but once is enough for me. Let go somewhere new each year, maybe return to Germany in 5 or 10 years time...... :(

I love going there too, but 3 pre seasons in a row is getting silly.

We played 5 games in Germany last season :craphead:

And I even went back for more as I went to Frankfurt for 4 days at New Year!!!

:craphead:

Guest Andypendek

I remember when I got my first computer, yonks ago, we had just gone to Germany for a pre-season. I can remember learning to type by saving the teams into my computer, Durrant, Redford and so on. From memory we played an amateur side called Einseideln, then Kaiserslautern. Anyone got the Complete History handy? This would have been about 1984 or 1985.