Why Barney left the BDO

Tumshie

FIVE-TIMES world champion Raymond van Barneveld has admitted he left the British Darts Organisation after being accused of taking DRUGS.

The Dutch Destroyer has launched a scathing attack on the BDO who he claims also tried to STOP him from playing Phil Taylor and BANNED his wife Silvia from attending events.

Barney, who yesterday signed a £200,000 deal to join darts manufacturers Unicorn, left the BDO to join the Professional Darts Corporation in 2006.

But in his explosive new book ‘Barney-The Eye of the Tiger’ he has slammed ex-world champ and England captain Martin Adams and BDO Master of Ceremonies Martin Fitzmaurice.

Van Barneveld said: “Fiztmaurice seized every opportunity to make me look bad.

"The man is hateful, maybe because he is paid much less than the dart players.

“His jealousy has an enormously negative influence. Tommy Two face I always call him, like in the Batman films.

“In 2000, during a tournament in The Hague, Fizmaurice even publicly accused me of cocaine use.

“Before a tournament I have to go to the toilet. This is just competition nerves. So the English one day decided to say that I was using cocaine.

“Now believe me, I have never even smoked a cigarette let alone a joint. A drugs test was then required from me.

“That’s why I was so glad I took a drugs and doping test at the PDC world championship after my victory. I passed it with flying colours.”

Barney also criticised Adams who apparently was furious with the Dutchman for leaving the BDO for the PDC - and questioned whether the England captain would have won the 2007 world title had he not left the BDO.

He also claims the BDO tried to stop him playing Taylor in a head-to-head of the rival codes in 1999

He added: “Phil wanted to pit himself against me after I had won the Embassy for a second time.

“The first competition offered was based on all or nothing. The winner would receive £100,000, the loser nothing. But we eventually settled for 60-40.

“At the same time the BDO threatened to exclude me from participating in the 2000 Embassy because they didn’t want me to play a PDC player.

“The worst part of it all was that my wife Silvia was not welcome at the 2007 Lakeside. She had a difficult time during my changeover to the PDC. She saw the BDO as a family and wanted to go there and see everyone.

“But the BDO decided that Silvia would not be allowed to attend. She was informed that if she arrived she would be removed by security. It would seem that Fitzmaurice was also involved in this. Since then I have cashed in my chips, so to speak, with the BDO.”

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport...icle2402344.ece

Sums up the BDO for me. Their organisation is a joke

Terrible way to treat a BDO legend. He did the right thing moving over anyway, he was too good for the BDO. They are a very amateurish organisation and you get the impression guys like Adams are cunts.

BARNEY ARMY BARNEY ARMY

the bdo are nothing more than grass roots darts there a good base for younger players to play on there crappy tour get sompe experiance then if there good enough to make the step up to the pros then fair play but all the serious darts player play for the PDC

and adams and Fiztmaurice are scum of the earth

does anyone know where to buy Barneys book

I done some research on that there:

Written by Planetdarts.tv

Tuesday, 21 April 2009 08:59

DARTS fans can now purchase the English language version of Raymond van Barneveld's autobiography. The five-time World Champion released his life story last year in Holland, with the book - written alongside journalists Arnout Verzijl and Hans Willink - being a big success.

Now translated into English, "Barney - The Eye Of The Tiger" is on sale from the PDC Merchandise stand at all Whyte & Mackay Premier League Darts events. Fans can also purchase the book direct from Seven Star Promotions on 01858 410 890, priced at £19.99 plus P

http://www.barney.nl/site/news/21-barney-a...ography-now-out

I done some research on that there:

Written by Planetdarts.tv

Tuesday, 21 April 2009 08:59

DARTS fans can now purchase the English language version of Raymond van Barneveld's autobiography. The five-time World Champion released his life story last year in Holland, with the book - written alongside journalists Arnout Verzijl and Hans Willink - being a big success.

Now translated into English, "Barney - The Eye Of The Tiger" is on sale from the PDC Merchandise stand at all Whyte & Mackay Premier League Darts events. Fans can also purchase the book direct from Seven Star Promotions on 01858 410 890, priced at £19.99 plus P

http://www.barney.nl/site/news/21-barney-a...ography-now-out

cheers boab gona buy it on friday

Definitely buying that book anyway. The funny thing is that i think both organisations were roughly about the same until Barney left the BDO and won the PDC title straight away. Other top BDO players like King then decided the PDC was the only organisation to go and play for

Definitely buying that book anyway. The funny thing is that i think both organisations were roughly about the same until Barney left the BDO and won the PDC title straight away. Other top BDO players like King then decided the PDC was the only organisation to go and play for

the PDC has been far superior since it's outset

when the players first decided to breakaway(to form the PDO) in the mid 90's the BDO made sure all players were not even allowed to play in there local county Dart leagues

and even employed doormen to make sure of it.

Players were not even allowed to play charity events and went into major debt (with some even re-mortgaging or selling homes).

It took a few years of this before a high court judge threw the BDO case out.

They then both agreed to change it from the PDO to the PDC.