Where do we need to strengthen?

Tumshie

Fairly simple in what areas do we need to strengthen in the summer. A lot of talk about guys like Aguiar and (god forbid) Stephen Hughes coming in but do we really need any more central midfielders with Thomson, Edu, Davis, Mendes, Furman and (Watties favourite) McCulloch who can all play there.

Think our efforts would be better spent on getting two centre backs, a right back, a left and right sided midfielder and another striker.

Obviously there will be players leaving such as Ferguson, Adam, Dailly etc.

I think we need:

A centre midfielder who will look to get forward more than our current crop do

A Cousin-esque target man

A centre half

A winger.

Obviously we will need to bring in a few able deputies aswell, but if we manage to make the Champions League and get any money to spend then these areas have to be addressed first.

I think we should get a versatile winger who is adept at getting by fullbacks and putting crosses in the box. Obviously guys like that are hard to find on the cheap, but I'm hopeful.

A new center back is also essential, as I don't want Weir to be a week in/week out starter next season, if he comes back.

Our financial situation dictates that we can't really afford to go after what I would consider to be lower priority targets (striker- as we have plenty of those, even if they're not all quality and fullback- Whittaker/Papac do a good enough job I feel)

I think we should get a versatile winger who is adept at getting by fullbacks and putting crosses in the box. Obviously guys like that are hard to find on the cheap, but I'm hopeful.

A new center back is also essential, as I don't want Weir to be a week in/week out starter next season, if he comes back.

Our financial situation dictates that we can't really afford to go after what I would consider to be lower priority targets (striker- as we have plenty of those, even if they're not all quality and fullback- Whittaker/Papac do a good enough job I feel)

In the SPL yes but in Europe I'm not convinced if Whittaker's up to it. Think another right back is essential because Broadfoot's not up to it and you need two players for every position

Ideally, we need a lot of players, but I think the priorities would be:

a quality striker, with more assets than good finishing - power, plenty of pace and able to hold the ball up well.

an attacking midfielder who will commit forward, support stikers and basicaly play the "Gerrard" role.

And most importantly:

- A centre half to partner Maj FOR THE FUTURE - that does not mean Weir, Daily or any other 47 year old veteran.

Ideally...

A CB, LB and RB.

Preferably Stanzl, Hreidarsson and Hutton. But I can't see the latter happening.

Possible one striker, but only if its a proven european goalscorer on a bosman. Don't want anyone like Lee Miller or similar.

Im happy with the midfielders.

Thomson, Davis, Edu, Mendes, Ferguson, Fleck, Aaron, Beasley.

Wouldn't mind seeing Ferguson go though, and a playmaker being brought in to push up the park.

Hopefully we'll keep MacGregor too.

So, to summarise...

A Centre back, left back and right back. And possible a midfield playmaker and a proven goalscoring striker. We need another Rod Wallace type predator.

RB, CB (possibly 2), LB, CAM, LW, RW, and, a ST.

If the money wasn't wasted last summer, then we'd only need a few positions; instead we wasted it on CM's, and, ST's.

Wingers, midfield and defence.

Why wingers?

We have Beasley, Fleck and Aaron. They've been playing well there...

And why midfield? Thomson and Edu are coming onto a game. Davis is cracking. And we have Mendes....

Why wingers?? well Beasley's absolutely shit and Fleck's not a winger

Why wingers?

And why midfield? Thomson and Edu are coming onto a game. Davis is cracking. And we have Mendes....

Beasley is not shit!

Beasley and Aaron don't get a game; Beasley is always injured, and, is far too inconsistant. Bin him in the summer!

Fleck isn't a winger, simple as that. He's absolutely wasted out on the left.

• 4 weeks later...

id say we neeed a couple of wingers with decent pace and skill to take on players we shud also try and get 2 decent full backs for me whittaker papac and broadfoot can all do a job but its not there ideal positions i think we should keep davie weir but have him as a sub with papac playing as a cb because i dont want to see weir go cos hes a model proffessional and a good mentor to the younger players i think we shuould offload backpass barry for a midfielder who can score goals i tink we should also get rid off mcgregor,hemdani,mcculloch,daily,webster half of them are probably out of contract and way anyways but we should try and get something for mcgregor

We need natural good full-backs, 2 or 3 wingers with pace, pace up-front with quality (by that I don't mean Kenny Miller or Nacho Novo), a quality centre-back to go with Magic and some un-predictability in our team in regards to creativity and skill.

Why wingers?

Beasley is not shit!

He is too light weight, but has good skill and is fast, he is ideal for europe but not for the scottish game.

New Striker. Someone with a bit of skill.

CH to replace weir.

Rightback as i've never liked broadfoot or whit.

Left winger. Would like to see Aaron come into his game a bit more next season tho.

Maybe a new LB.