Xavi, Iniesta and Carrick

But I've absolutely loved watching the above three players over the past two nights.

Their passing, both long and short, is utterly impeccable. The games weren't good, but watching the technical brilliance of these three lads (all season, it must be said) has been awesome.

We all know about how good the Barca duo are, but I find Carrick to be criminally underrated by almost everyone. He's so important to that United side and I don't know what they'd do without him.

My opinion of carrick has changed a lot lately, I thought it was an ultimately pointless and overpriced buy for man utd but he can improved so much and some of his passing lately has just been fantastic, he had an absolute stormer of a pass to rooney earlier that had me and my dad sitting up in an almost state of shock

My opinion of carrick has changed a lot lately, I thought it was an ultimately pointless and overpriced buy for man utd but he can improved so much and some of his passing lately has just been fantastic, he had an absolute stormer of a pass to rooney earlier that had me and my dad sitting up in an almost state of shock

The first time pass to Rooney on the left wing - outstanding.

His passing has always been a level above anything else in England IMHO, and I include Gerrard in that.

what did you think of fletcher tonight? I thought yet again he looked very tidy on the ball, showed some great pace and didnt look out of place in the man utd team. He very rarely lets them down

what did you think of fletcher tonight? I thought yet again he looked very tidy on the ball, showed some great place and didnt look out of place in the man utd team. He very rarely lets them down

He's sort of a cultured headless chicken.

Looks good in Man Utd's side, but hasn't kicked his own arse for Scotland for god knows how long now. He won't get a sniff as soon as Hargreaves comes back.

I like all three of them.

Another similar type of player i love is Xabi Alonso.

I feel he is very under-rated, when Benitez was willing to sacrifice him for Gareth Barry last summer i was in total shock.

Alonso is also quality.

Why Benitez was so hell-bent on replacing him with Barry is just beyond me.

If Alonso had went to Juve, I'd say they'd be closer to Inter. A quality centre mid is something Juventus lack.

Iniesta, man. Iniesta.

He could win the SPL all by himself.

A mercurial talent - the ease with which he used the ball, dominated the middle, slid around easily through every Chelsea challenge, picked out passes with applomb - he is an utterly fantastic player and on the form of that match, one of the top 5 on earth.

Xavi is god. :pipe:

He's no' bad either. Spain have a thorough embarrassment of salubrious riches in their midfield. It's actually scary.

He gets all over the pitch and is at the heart of just about everything Barca do.

He can make passes that no one else can even see. Just awesome.

Alonso is also quality.

Why Benitez was so hell-bent on replacing him with Barry is just beyond me.

I'm glad to know I'm not the only one thinking this.

An Arsenal supporting mate of mine was absolutely desperate for Alonso to be replaced by Barry so that they could snap up Alonso!

As for Carrick, how he hasn't had more England recognition is beyond me. He's an absolute class act and it's no coinsidence that Man United have won the league both years since he's joined the club. He, for me, is Englands best technical midfielder.

Xavi is god. :pipe:

He's no' bad either. Spain have a thorough embarrassment of salubrious riches in their midfield. It's actually scary.

He gets all over the pitch and is at the heart of just about everything Barca do.

He can make passes that no one else can even see. Just awesome.

His low centre of gravity gives him a grace and balance unlike anyone else bar Iniesta. Both are very similar players.

I posted a thread a while back about the value, in monetary terms, of the Spanish national team. Guys like Iniesta and Xavi must be worth a quite revolting amount of money.

IMHO Iniesta is there with Messi (who was shocking last night) and Gerrard in terms of best player in the world.

In terms of what I have seen this season, best 5 on earth would be, on form, in no order:

Iniesta, Xavi, Pato, Kaka (far too sparingly showing form mind you) and Villa.

Honourable mentions for Torres, Ronaldo (again, not consistent form), and Ibrahimovic.

I think Carrick is still a bit inconsistent. When he's having a bad game, he has a nightmare.

I agree he was overpriced, but his form has been good of late.

Not a touch on Iniesta and Xavi who are a joy to watch.