Frank Fahrenhorst & Anders Randrup

Muff

Frank Fahrenhorst; center back currently playing for Hannover. His contract is up in the summer, and, he will not be signing a new deal. A big, strong CB, who is great in the air. He has good positional sence, is a solid in the tackle, a danger at set pieces, and is very good on the ball. He also has a good bit of pace about him, is brave, and, is a leader. 31, going on 32, played for Bochum, Werder Bremen and the German national side. Wants to play in Britain, and, in a European competition. I think he'd be a great signing, a very good defender, full of experience, and, I doubt his wages would be over the top.

Anders Randrup; 20 year old attacking right back, who can also play in the centre of defence, left back (his 2nd preferred position). Known for his strength, pace, and, physical fitness. His touch, touch tackling, distribution, positioning....is pretty impressive, the only thing that lets him down is his heading; he's absolutely woeful in that department, but that can be worked on. Seen him play on a few occassions for Bronby, and the Danish U-17's, and, U-21's, and, he is a player. Another one who would not cost a lot, under £1m according to reports, and, the likes of Standard Liege, Lille, and, Monaco are looking at him. He's had a few injuries, that have ruled him out for sometime, but he's now back to full fitness, and showing that the hype that surrounded him when he was 16, wasn't over the top. He's also recently been called up to the full national side.

The money is not there anymore, but these are two players who not cost a lot, and, would make a big difference. I'd rather see us spend money on guys like this, than raid the SPL for yet more mediocre pish!

I saw Frank Fahrenhorst playing for Werder Bremen a few years back and I have caught glimpses of him playing for Hannover this year. He would be a good signing imo especially with his contract being up on the 30th June. The only downside is his gay hair :D

As for Anders Randrup I have not seen him play so I cannot comment on him.

Email Rangers with the suggestions

Although put the title as "Way to save money" or they wont read it

or if you manage to get to speak to someone,

speak very slowly, as i very much doubt that anyone at our club would know who you were talking about,

as i reckon they are lazy gits and will always take the easy option,

ie. re-signing davie weir, as that would require least effort.

Fahrenhorst is the type of defender we should be looking at, but even though he's on the bosman i doubt we could afford his wage demands to come to the SPL.

Randrup highly rated in Denmark, but the last time we tapped into the Scandinavia market for a up in coming defender that struggled to header and was good on the ball we basically hounded him out of Ibrox.

Frank Fahrenhorst; center back currently playing for Hannover. His contract is up in the summer, and, he will not be signing a new deal. A big, strong CB, who is great in the air. He has good positional sence, is a solid in the tackle, a danger at set pieces, and is very good on the ball. He also has a good bit of pace about him, is brave, and, is a leader. 31, going on 32, played for Bochum, Werder Bremen and the German national side. Wants to play in Britain, and, in a European competition. I think he'd be a great signing, a very good defender, full of experience, and, I doubt his wages would be over the top.

Anders Randrup; 20 year old attacking right back, who can also play in the centre of defence, left back (his 2nd preferred position). Known for his strength, pace, and, physical fitness. His touch, touch tackling, distribution, positioning....is pretty impressive, the only thing that lets him down is his heading; he's absolutely woeful in that department, but that can be worked on. Seen him play on a few occassions for Bronby, and the Danish U-17's, and, U-21's, and, he is a player. Another one who would not cost a lot, under £1m according to reports, and, the likes of Standard Liege, Lille, and, Monaco are looking at him. He's had a few injuries, that have ruled him out for sometime, but he's now back to full fitness, and showing that the hype that surrounded him when he was 16, wasn't over the top. He's also recently been called up to the full national side.

The money is not there anymore, but these are two players who not cost a lot, and, would make a big difference. I'd rather see us spend money on guys like this, than raid the SPL for yet more mediocre pish!

Not seen much of Randrup but im a fan of Fahrenhorst. He's the kind of CB i like.

Im a fan of a strong lad at the back but i feel in todays game a CB also has to have a bit of pace/acceleration about him.

(tu)

I have not watched Fahrenhorst that closely since he joined Hannover, but I know a H96 supporter and he says he's happy as f*ck that he hasn't signed a new deal so I'm not sure about this one. He's also linked with a few clubs that are fighting relegation in the German bundesliga and their fans only see him as a potential signing should they go down.

And although Hannover currently sit 13th in the league, they are the side that has conceded the most goals so far this season. I watch the Bundesliga highlights every week and Hannover regularly lose shocking goals. Their defense often looks like a complete disaster.

Not sure about this one.

Can't comment on Randrup as I know nothing about him.

Guest The Brown Brogue
Where on Earth do you get to watch Danish U17 football? :dry:

Was wondering that myself given that it must also have been 3 or 4 years ago given his age....

I bet none of these players are even looked at by the Rangers scouts. They only look at the SPL, Championship, teams who we have played against and occaisonly the Man Utd reserves.

Muff, why ain't Rangers given you a job yet as a scout??? Good shout on both of them, with CL football, and quite a few players of the books no reason why we shouldn't get both of them, even though Rangers will have probably never heard of them unless they look on here!

Good suggestions, and i'm sure plenty guys will post other good suggestions as well, but the fact is they will all be pointless.

Our scouting system is rank rotten, unless they are based in Scotland or we have played against them, or they have been recommended by a former player, or an agent, then we won't have heard of them. therefore we won't even look. We also have no money, and any money we do have will be spent on SPL players at the VERY best. It's going to be a rotten summer where the transfer window is concerned, and if we do win the league this season, i fear a skelping of epic proportions next season in the CL.

Say's on wikipedia that he's going to Duisburg.

The defender turned professional with VfL Bochum in 1996 and remained with them for 8 seasons as they yo-yo'ed between the top two divisions.

In summer 2004, he switched to then-champions Werder Bremen, where he immediately won the Ligapokal against Bayern Munich. The club never managed any further honours during his two seasons there but he did achieve eight appearances in the UEFA Champions League.

On August 9, 2006, he transferred to Hannover 96, as part of the deal which saw Per Mertesacker move in the opposite direction.

On September 27, 2008, Hannover 96 were scheduled to play Bayern Munich at the AWD-Arena. Fahrenhorst was allowed exclusion from the team as his wife was close to giving birth. However, shortly before the match began, Jiří Štajner accidentally injured Mario Eggimann's eye in training. Due to Eggiman's injury, Fahrenhorst was hastely recalled into the starting line-up against the defending champions. He gave an eye-catching, determined performance as Hannover 96 ran out 1-0 winners[1]. On 22 April 2009 Hannover 96 announced he will not renews his contract, he left also after ending of his contract on 30 June 2009 the club and joined to MSV Duisburg who has signed an contract between 30 June 2011[2].

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frank_Fahrenhorst

Let's go for Martin Stranzl.

Good suggestions Muff, although I think your comment "...a danger at set pieces..." is a bit fucking optimistic, we can't deliver a good ball so no cnut is a danger at set pieces.