Players we care (no like) about more

outlaw69uk

Ok, inspired by the Papac, Webster and Velicka threads, amongst others....

One thing I took from these threads is, the conversation fairly quickly veered off from the original player, onto something very different, almost as though the subjects werent as important. When you get a Boyd, Ferguson, Mendes? thread, even though there are polar opposite opinions, they stay pretty on topic.

For me, either positively or negatively, we have players we care about more, that hold our interest one way or another. Why is that?

And, what does that mean for the guys who we dont really bother talking about?

Everyone has their favourites, the players who get the most discussion are usually the best/most controversial.Its because they are most talked about an opinion is usually formed and adhered to, the lesser lights/unsung players do not benefit from such public discussion so they get a shrug of the shoulders, btw Kenny Miller should have been in the first batch.

Everyone has their favourites, the players who get the most discussion are usually the best/most controversial.Its because they are most talked about an opinion is usually formed and adhered to, the lesser lights/unsung players do not benefit from such public discussion so they get a shrug of the shoulders, btw Kenny Miller should have been in the first batch.

Its very true, I find it interesting. I agree about Miller, for sure

2 of mine there :pipe:

One thing I took from these threads is, the conversation fairly quickly veered off from the original player, onto something very different, almost as though the subjects werent as important. When you get a Boyd, Ferguson, Mendes? thread, even though there are polar opposite opinions, they stay pretty on topic.

For me, either positively or negatively, we have players we care about more, that hold our interest one way or another. Why is that?

Webster is barely discussed because he doesn't play.

Velicka has only just got his foot in the door.

And Papac is probably the most low profile first team player for the simple reason he's not that special. He doesn't do much which inspires discussion.

Guys like Ferguson, Mendes, Boyd etc - there's plenty to talk about regarding these guys. Same can't necessarily said of the Rangers careers of the above.

Thats because Papac, Webster and Velicka are borin and don't merit a thread really, I mean whats to talk about ? Two average players and a long time crock ! :sherlock:

here is what I believe causes this kinda thing

Papac - steady eddie. essentiall boring does nothing spectular either way,

Webster - what can I say, never has been.

Velicka - not played enough for most people to comment

Fergie - Was brilliant now sadly a waining start that will not accept others at the club have overtaken him.

Mendes - Can be fuckng awesome, can be pish but his awesomeness creates interest.

Boyd - goes from the sublime to the ridiculus, the Ted McMinn of goals scorers, the marmite of the team. The tin man created much discussion in the enclosure when he played, Boyd does the same.