If we go on and win the SPL what thoughts will you take from this season?

nvager

If we go on and win the SPL I will probably have a somewhat better feeling for our management team than if we come in second. Most people will be the same. Nevertheless:

I will always wonder just what Walter et all were thinking when they hatched up our spending plans before the Kaunas debacle and then allowed us to be beaten - no humiliated by a pub team.

I will always wonder why Walter brought both McGregor and Barry back into the team when clearly unfit. Our medical staff do not seem to be the best.

I will always wonder why certain players were not played and others continually played out of position.

I will give credit for players coming in recently and performing well, but wonder why then certain players were completely ignored earlier.

I will commend Walter for making much more use of his squad now and benefitting from it and wonder why he did not do something similar last season.

The will to win seems to have come back into the team these past 5 weeks even if the performances were not always great but a tad inconsistent. If we can keep this going for another 5 games I will be estatic. In that case I will fullsomely praise Walter and the players for getting it right at the right time. This would be a great piece of management by Walter and Ally if they can pull it off.

I really hope they do. I would like Walter to go out on a high.

It has been a disappointing season so far but the chance to do the League and Cup double is still there. If we can do this most of the support will forget a lot of the disappointments and look eagerly to the future with a host of potentially good young players coming through and Thomson and Naismith having a chance for a new start. The likes of Lafferty, Edu, and maybe even S Smith and Velika can look forward to next year with a bunch of first team starts under their belts and their confidence sky high.

So in the end some (5 or 6) more good results and the whole season can be looked at in a much more positive light.

Roll on another 5 in a row and a Scottish Cup Final too.

Should be a great but nervy ending to the season.

C'mon Walter get it done.

the only difference i'll have in thoughts of this season is either

"we are a poor team, but thank fuck that mob are just as poor, stick your 4iar haha"

or

"we are a poor team, they are just as bad but have a better winning mentality, fuck them and their 4iar"

either way we are a poor team, granted we have won well the last 5 games, but some performances this season have been nothing short of diabolical, yet there are no real performances that have stood out that would make you think "by fuck we ARE a good enough team to walk this league"

I will think, "fucking hell, all this euphoria over winning the league, don't folk realise it's just papering the cracks?"

That said, this is the most important title to win for years, as after this year the SPL winners will have to qualify for the Champions League.

If we go on and win the SPL I will probably have a somewhat better feeling for our management team than if we come in second. Most people will be the same. Nevertheless:

I will always wonder just what Walter et all were thinking when they hatched up our spending plans before the Kaunas debacle and then allowed us to be beaten - no humiliated by a pub team. - awful day, but, I blame the players, those in the team SHOULD have beaten Kaunas, no argument

I will always wonder why Walter brought both McGregor and Barry back into the team when clearly unfit. Our medical staff do not seem to be the best. - probably BECAUSE of Kaunas, thats my thinking, but I do have questions over the medical team

I will always wonder why certain players were not played and others continually played out of position. - a few options, perhaps not aclimatised

I will give credit for players coming in recently and performing well, but wonder why then certain players were completely ignored earlier. - there will always be a question of whether they were ready or not, some clearly are now, but, we will never know if they were earlier

I will commend Walter for making much more use of his squad now and benefitting from it and wonder why he did not do something similar last season. - a very VERY good question

The will to win seems to have come back into the team these past 5 weeks even if the performances were not always great but a tad inconsistent. If we can keep this going for another 5 games I will be estatic. In that case I will fullsomely praise Walter and the players for getting it right at the right time. This would be a great piece of management by Walter and Ally if they can pull it off.

I really hope they do. I would like Walter to go out on a high. - he should do, regardless, the guy didnt need to help us, and, he has, regardless of what some think

It has been a disappointing season so far but the chance to do the League and Cup double is still there. If we can do this most of the support will forget a lot of the disappointments and look eagerly to the future with a host of potentially good young players coming through and Thomson and Naismith having a chance for a new start. The likes of Lafferty, Edu, and maybe even S Smith and Velika can look forward to next year with a bunch of first team starts under their belts and their confidence sky high. - I think, for the first time in a long time, the future is bright, there are a fair few younger players here, and, Smith deserves credit for getting the likes of Aaron and Edu here. Far better building blocks than we have had when previous left

So in the end some (5 or 6) more good results and the whole season can be looked at in a much more positive light.

Thats a good post, had to answer in line to do it justice (and I am not good at splitting them ala Danny ;)

I feel positive, regardless of first or second, althoug of course 1st has to be gotten. Either way, we have a core squad of YOUNG players, we have McCoist appearing to be showing the qualities a Rangers manager requires, and a few young young players ready to step up. For the first time in recent memories, it appears that, from a playing perspective, we have actually made long term plans

I will always wonder just what Walter et all were thinking when they hatched up our spending plans before the Kaunas debacle and then allowed us to be beaten - no humiliated by a pub team. - awful day, but, I blame the players, those in the team SHOULD have beaten Kaunas, no argument

I will always wonder why Walter brought both McGregor and Barry back into the team when clearly unfit. Our medical staff do not seem to be the best. - probably BECAUSE of Kaunas, thats my thinking, but I do have questions over the medical team

I will always wonder why certain players were not played and others continually played out of position. - a few options, perhaps not aclimatised

I will give credit for players coming in recently and performing well, but wonder why then certain players were completely ignored earlier. - there will always be a question of whether they were ready or not, some clearly are now, but, we will never know if they were earlier

I will commend Walter for making much more use of his squad now and benefitting from it and wonder why he did not do something similar last season. - a very VERY good question

I really hope they do. I would like Walter to go out on a high. - he should do, regardless, the guy didnt need to help us, and, he has, regardless of what some think

It has been a disappointing season so far but the chance to do the League and Cup double is still there. If we can do this most of the support will forget a lot of the disappointments and look eagerly to the future with a host of potentially good young players coming through and Thomson and Naismith having a chance for a new start. The likes of Lafferty, Edu, and maybe even S Smith and Velika can look forward to next year with a bunch of first team starts under their belts and their confidence sky high. - I think, for the first time in a long time, the future is bright, there are a fair few younger players here, and, Smith deserves credit for getting the likes of Aaron and Edu here. Far better building blocks than we have had when previous left

Thats a good post, had to answer in line to do it justice (and I am not good at splitting them ala Danny ;)

I feel positive, regardless of first or second, althoug of course 1st has to be gotten. Either way, we have a core squad of YOUNG players, we have McCoist appearing to be showing the qualities a Rangers manager requires, and a few young young players ready to step up. For the first time in recent memories, it appears that, from a playing perspective, we have actually made long term plans

aaron isnt ours mate, and as for the youngsters, by the sounds of things they are a good couple of seasons away from being able to hold down a first team slot

thats the scary thing, we have to go the youth road but none are ready

aaron isnt ours mate, and as for the youngsters, by the sounds of things they are a good couple of seasons away from being able to hold down a first team slot

Aaron isnt ours, but, could be for a cut price, and, although under utilised, he is at the club.

Not sure where you get the couple of seasons away part, there are a few, in the positions we need most, ready now (in my opinion of course). Youth isnt a scary thing, Arsenal cope fine with it, albeit without winning much, but, always challenging. I think it depends where we see ourselves as a club, and, where we WANT to be. Too many seem happy just to beat Celtic, rather than strive for greatness

Aaron isnt ours, but, could be for a cut price, and, although under utilised, he is at the club.

Not sure where you get the couple of seasons away part, there are a few, in the positions we need most, ready now (in my opinion of course). Youth isnt a scary thing, Arsenal cope fine with it, albeit without winning much, but, always challenging. I think it depends where we see ourselves as a club, and, where we WANT to be. Too many seem happy just to beat Celtic, rather than strive for greatness

the difference between us and arsenal is that we are now at a stage where we are relying on winning everything, as we are skint

your saying arsenal are always challenging, miles out the title race, only have europe left and even then they are outsiders from the 4 teams

but arsenal can cope with an extended run in europe, losing the league in january, we cant lose anything up here

celtic are further ahead of us off the park due to their success ON the park, that cannot continue

as for our youths being ready, everyone said fleck was ready but in his games for the first team he hasnt done any better than the older guys that everyone wants out

apart from edu (who is an internationalist) there are no other youths i would trust in the first team for an important stage of the season like this

Still we can look forward with some optimism. Lafferty and Edu NOW look like better buys as we can see some real potential there. Velicka too is getting a game and scoring too. Whittaker is finding some better form. Even Stevie Smith is again showing signs of life. Thomson and Naismith will be back to full health and hopefully find their form again next season. Fleck and Aaron will be older and more experienced too. Broadfoot is not old either and will be fit again. Boyd is still fairly young too.

If we can get the title and be better off financially then we may be ok for a number of years.