Are we now all going a little too far overboard on Edu?

nvager

Totally agree fellow posters seem so enthralled by edu ,i feel that he is ok when the game is in front of him but it is very

apparent when he does not have the ball he does not track runners ect but seems dragged to the ball.It was noted at

easter road ally mccoist was shouting from the sidelines to try and get him to track back .He is very inexperinced and

this hopefully will rectify itself when more games/awareness should help with his overall play.

Yes, he's probably getting a little overhyped, but that's probably because he's performing miles better than Ferguson was. It's only natural that he'll get compared to the player he replaced and IMO he's better at this moment in time.

Only better than Ferguson on recent form - Edu is a million miles away from being the player Ferguson was at his peak.

I have thought that Edu is decent with really good potential to develop - almost certainly hyped up as a result of comparison to a regular diet of mediocre players in recent years. It would certainly be great if he took his game on and reached his full potential for us.

when he has the ball it can be nerve racking as too many times he has made bad passes or just been nudged off it. If he can get the run in to the end of the season then it will do him wonders but then KT will just take his place next season any way.

It will be interesting to see him playing against a team outwith or flirting with the bottom six. This will be a huge test of his awareness and he cannot afford to hesitate on the ball as much against better teams,losing possession will be punished by better finishers than Falkirk, StMirren and Motherwell.

Gives the ball away needlessly too often. Hopefully he settles and improves his passing. His physical presence and ariel ability means if he gets his passing right he will be a huge asset to the club!!

Think it's natural as we were all left completely baffled as to why we spent £2.5million on the guy, it was severely worrying when Smith was opting to play McCulloch ahead of him......

Why were we spunking money away on a player in our current financial predicament. But it's starting to look like he can go on and prove to be the player he promised to be, and as sad as it is thinking this way.... having a US star player on the books is always going to be a saleable asset.

Think it's natural as we were all left completely baffled as to why we spent £2.5million on the guy, it was severely worrying when Smith was opting to play McCulloch ahead of him......

Why were we spunking money away on a player in our current financial predicament. But it's starting to look like he can go on and prove to be the player he promised to be, and as sad as it is thinking this way.... having a US star player on the books is always going to be a saleable asset.

haha, I love that phrase!

I think Edu looks a good prospect, who could be a good member of the squad

He's young in-experienced, and has a lot to learn.

But thats exactly the type of players we need coming through. He strikes me as a potential holding midfielder - in the "makele" role.

His composure and decision making will improve with more games, but he seems to be strong athletic and a good tackler with his career ahead of him.

We've won every game he's played in.

I think he's a good player just now, but potentially a £10m player.

Edu is probably the main reason we've gone on this winning streak.

I think he's terrific and does all the nitty gritty others don't bother with.

Early days still and still learning. Has the potential to emerge a good uplayer, and from what Ive seen and heard of him I think he has the heart and ambition for it.

Hes also mature enough to see that hes still learning and seems keen to make a right go of it.

(tu) for Edu

He is all we have at the moment so I'll back him all the way - BUT if fergie, or thomson was available I would drop him like a hot potatoe for either one of them!

You say potatoe and I say potato, but so would I ! :sherlock:

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Brilliant you are learning, straight from the school of liewell/reid PR (tu):sherlock:

What did Hutton come from to become a £9m player though BD?

To completely discount as a possibility is wrong, IMO anyway.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Brilliant you are learning, straight from the school of liewell/reid PR (tu):sherlock:

What did Hutton come from to become a £9m player though BD?

To completely discount as a possibility is wrong, IMO anyway.

Nae bother Mate but it does sound a bit far fetched to me the only thing you left out the bheggars would have added was bayern were after him. But hope your right, here's a boost for you :

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/displa...y_dime_walt.php

:sherlock:

I'm just basing it on his meteoric rise BD.

In just over a year, he's went from college footballer to MLS Rookie of the Year, a US International, played in the Olympics and now playing a leading role in our march to 52.

He could be worth £90m if he improves like that every year :pipe:

I'm just basing it on his meteoric rise BD.

In just over a year, he's went from college footballer to MLS Rookie of the Year, a US International, played in the Olympics and now playing a leading role in our march to 52.

He could be worth £90m if he improves like that every year :pipe:

You've tain that to far noo !!! :):sherlock: