Swine Flu coud halt SPL season

is this a conspiracy

ANXIOUS government officials have an emergency swine flu plan that could see the climax to the Scottish football season ABANDONED.

Record Sport understands the shock move is one of a list of drastic measures that could be imposed overnight by Holyrood should the World Health Organisation raise its red alert level to six and declare a pandemic.

As well as a possible ban on international travel, sporting events could be targeted in an attempt to stop the spread of disease and restrict movement.

But top of the list would be Ibrox, Hampden and Celtic Park, all of which will pack in crowds of more than 50,000 as the season reaches another thrilling finale, with just five rounds of the SPL fixtures and a Scottish Cup Final between Rangers and Falkirk to play.

The move would have to be sanctioned at an emergency meeting of Government health officials and the Chief Medical Officer. Contingency plans for what should be done should the World Health Organisation decide the Mexican virus has moved from phase five to six have already been drawn up.

Our source said: "If this develops into a pandemic then it is only natural football and every other sport will suffer.

"Similar plans were drawn up years ago at the time of the Foot and Mouth crisis and they have been put in place again. If such a decision is made then the SFA, as with all sporting governing bodies, would be contacted. Football would be abandoned."

The official Holyrood line is that football is not at risk of a shut down "at this moment" but a Scottish Government Health Spokesman added that all plans would be revised if a pandemic is declared.

He said: "At this time there are no plans for a blanket ban on large gatherings of people. But this is all very fast moving and if the WHO does raise the level to six we will have to revise our position accordingly.

"They make these decisions based on the information they gather from around the world and we are watching carefully."

Rob Shorthouse, an SFA spokesman, said: "Whatever happens next is out of our hands."

Football in Mexico, where swine flu originated, has already been affected.

Every professional game in the country this weekend - 176 matches in all divisions - will be played without fans in an effort to slow the spread of infection

swine_flu.htm

ANXIOUS government officials have an emergency swine flu plan that could see the climax to the Scottish football season ABANDONED.

Record Sport understands the shock move is one of a list of drastic measures that could be imposed overnight by Holyrood should the World Health Organisation raise its red alert level to six and declare a pandemic.

As well as a possible ban on international travel, sporting events could be targeted in an attempt to stop the spread of disease and restrict movement.

But top of the list would be Ibrox, Hampden and Celtic Park, all of which will pack in crowds of more than 50,000 as the season reaches another thrilling finale, with just five rounds of the SPL fixtures and a Scottish Cup Final between Rangers and Falkirk to play.

The move would have to be sanctioned at an emergency meeting of Government health officials and the Chief Medical Officer. Contingency plans for what should be done should the World Health Organisation decide the Mexican virus has moved from phase five to six have already been drawn up.

Our source said: "If this develops into a pandemic then it is only natural football and every other sport will suffer.

"Similar plans were drawn up years ago at the time of the Foot and Mouth crisis and they have been put in place again. If such a decision is made then the SFA, as with all sporting governing bodies, would be contacted. Football would be abandoned."

The official Holyrood line is that football is not at risk of a shut down "at this moment" but a Scottish Government Health Spokesman added that all plans would be revised if a pandemic is declared.

He said: "At this time there are no plans for a blanket ban on large gatherings of people. But this is all very fast moving and if the WHO does raise the level to six we will have to revise our position accordingly.

"They make these decisions based on the information they gather from around the world and we are watching carefully."

Rob Shorthouse, an SFA spokesman, said: "Whatever happens next is out of our hands."

Football in Mexico, where swine flu originated, has already been affected.

Every professional game in the country this weekend - 176 matches in all divisions - will be played without fans in an effort to slow the spread of infection.

You sometimes wonder how the human race ever fended off two million years worth of disease and illnesses with some of the fairies running our country today :D

You sometimes wonder how the human race ever fended off two million years worth of disease and illnesses with some of the fairies running our country today :D

Exactly...sure a few old coffin dodgers may die...we have too many of them anyway......just get fecking on with it......

I'll be taking a surgical mask along on Sunday though just incase :D

Nah no point, Plod would probably lift you for hiding your facial features.

Scaremongering right now but i would imagine this is entirely possible......for big poofs who want to avoid a serious case of the sniffles.....feck me has the world gone mad.......

Hasn't it just mate, hasn't it just?:lol:

Obviously a slow news day again, the rags have been sacremongering for about a week now and we still don't have anyone outside Mexico who is seriously ill. But let's not let the facts get in the way...

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! :D

Shouldn't be a problem with Scottish football, we're all used to having a bunch of pigs from the other end of Glasgow infecting the rest of the Scottish footballing community with their rancid tatties growing from their armpits and assies.

Exactly...sure a few old coffin dodgers may die...we have too many of them anyway......just get fecking on with it......

You will be one yourself one day pal.

If you ask me there are too many people on this planet anyway, about 5 billion too many, I'm doing my bit by smoking like a chimney.

If you ask me there are too many people on this planet anyway, about 5 billion too many, I'm doing my bit by smoking like a chimney.

Fuck it mate, let's go one better. Get your AK47 and meet me in Coatbridge. ;)

Maybe not if i catch these sniffles that are going about....... :rip:

I'm just amazed we've not had any postponements by timmy for the couple from Falkirk who got the flu.

Maybe Celtic know we have a head of steam and want to abandon the SPL this year in case we win.

How's that for a conspiracy :)

The things they will do to get BROON free from his suspension to play against us, they,ll be to upset because its a catholic country,and the chapels are all in mourning for their brethren.

Well it would need to get a lot worse than it is currently, if people can fly into the UK and go about their business without being quarantined (after a quick interview and look at them) then either the Govt is fucking the whole thing up (very likely calamity Gordon) or there is nothing to worry about. Load of shite story.

No doubt Liewell is already planning a pre season tour of Mexico and looking to establish more special relationships, sporting integrity FC chasing ambulances again.

Scaremongering right now but i would imagine this is entirely possible......for big poofs who want to avoid a serious case of the sniffles.....feck me has the world gone mad.......

Hasn't it just mate, hasn't it just?:lol:

Obviously a slow news day again, the rags have been sacremongering for about a week now and we still don't have anyone outside Mexico who is seriously ill. But let's not let the facts get in the way...

WE'RE ALL GOING TO DIE!!!! :D

haha

Its as if people in this country WANT to get it, so they feel special. If they talk about it all the time, they are hoping to will it to happen.

2 people in Scotland have this virus. A guy just back from Mehiho and his mate. FFS. When you think about the amount of people who die from smoking each year, ye huv tae laf.

They were calling it a pandemic the other day, now its just an epidemic and by next week it will all have been academic. FFS again.