Stevie Smith

I was listening to the clyde phone in last week when Britney was on and he was saying that if he was Celtic manager he would be looking to nab wee Stevie off us at the end of the season as he could potentially be the solution to their LB problem. Whats everyones opinion of giving the lad a new contract? If we let this boy go I have a feeling we might regret it... :angry:

Smith has been a great wee player for us these past few games - killer set piece delivery, an assist - he's done well.

100% keep.

I thought he was out of contract at the end of this season also. A while back somebody posted all the contract details for the squad and I'm sure Smith's lasts to end of next season.

If it is up this season we need to careful, a year with further options depending on how he does would be the best way, we can't keep players when they aren't playing, one Webster in the squad is enough, especially with the squad size coming down.

Give him a years contract with an automatic one year extension when he plays a certain amount of games. This means that if he can stay injury free he'll be fine to stay on with us. It does seem like he's over his injury worries, but you can never be too certain.

I always thought he was out of contract end of this season, but happy to be wrong on that one, if he does have another year left then give him until December if he continues to play and play well enough then offer him a contract extension.

I always thought he was out of contract end of this season, but happy to be wrong on that one, if he does have another year left then give him until December if he continues to play and play well enough then offer him a contract extension.

Stevie is a hard worker. Not the best defensively but has a good left foot on him. Watched him a couple of times at the reserves games. LB was his position. His contract is up this season and he was just about shifted down south a couple of weeks before he made his first appearence at Ibrox. If he keeps up his attitude and form I'm sure he'll be kept on.

He has another season left on his contract.

Hopefuly with a good pre season we will see Stevie back in at LB and back to his best.

Shame he wont qualify for a winners medal as hes made less then 10 appearances this season :(

Bar his delivery, which has been better than anything we have seen at Rangers for years, I don't think he has been all that good. I know he's just back, and, now fully fit but I don't think he's been that good at all.

Don't particularly like him at LB, or in midfield, so I wouldn't give him a new deal, especially with his injury history.

I'd rather see Greg Wylde given a chance on the left of midfield/back (I think he's better in midfield than in defence) than Stevie Smith given a new deal.

I'd give him a 1/2 year contract but if you take away his set pieces, he contributes nothing else really. I'd play him at left back as I thought he was fantastic there under PLG.

He's got a contract until the end of next season. Walter was wanting him to go but in light of recent performances I see no reason for that. Even if he's a squad player next season it provides competition for Papac which is what we need

I wouldn't even think about giving him a new contract. For me he has not done a lot since he came back, even though he had not played a first team game for a year.

Apart from a few good deliveries he has been pretty poor IMO.