Great news that Charlie will be back !

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive always thought the boy was a good centre midfielder never in a million years can he play out left he cant beat a man, isnt a great crosser and has no pace.

But in the middle he has more influence over the game he can pick passes, can break forward and score goals and is willing to put his foot in.

Just remember back to the 3-0 old firm game last season when it was him thommo n fergie in the middle the absolutely controled the game and he was a driving force in there but he seems to be another one that walter can only play out of position.

Sorry but this just makes me think how far our ambitions have fallen if we are happy a player of Charlie's tallent can help our team.

Thats exactly what I thought, player is ok at his best and you can tell he thinks he is better than he is.

he is an ok player but nothin special. a squad player at most

he can only have improved to be honest he was garbage this season when he did play!!

If he was able to keep his fitness levels decent then he could be decent midfielder but we all know what will happen once he returns.

he is an ok player but nothin special. a squad player at most

he can only have improved to be honest he was garbage this season when he did play!!

My thoughts exactly. He would be far better deployed in the middle of the park, but since when has Walter ever bothered about proper positioning.

And he always plays good against Celtic. Maybe if half the players got played in there right positions we would have a good team.

(tu) and he is not afraid to mix it up either!!

Is this a case of absence making the heart grow fonder?

When he was playing, I can't think of another player who was so roundly hated by fans. Even at the peak of his abuse, Hutton was more popular.

The blue bigot gets it wrong:

And thank f*ck, great that that arsehole won't play for us again this season!

Charlie Adam last night revealed he will be unable to contribute to Rangers' Clydesdale Bank Premier League title challenge because of red tape over his registration.

Adam has been on loan to Blackpool since February but their Coca-Cola Championship season ends against Swansea tomorrow. The 23-year-old midfielder hoped it would free him up to return to Ibrox for their remaining league games and the Scottish Cup final.

Adam will return to Scotland days before next weekend's final Old Firm game of the season but has accepted that tomorrow's Blackpool fixture will be the last game he can play this season after looking into his contract situation.

advertisement

"My contract at Blackpool runs out on June 2," he said. "I had thought that I could go back and play again for Rangers. But the rules are the rules. I think it's because it's two different national associations involved and another international transfer, which means that I can't be registered to play again for Rangers this season. I'm a wee bit disappointed about it, to be honest."

Adam made only nine appearances for Rangers this season before leaving on loan but two of those were Old Firm games. Manager Walter Smith appreciated his discipline and defensive work-rate as a wide midfielder and gave him starts at Parkhead in August and again when Celtic were at Ibrox on December 27.

It was his last appearance before leaving for Blackpool on the final day of the January transfer window.

Since then he has watched from Lancashire as the Old Firm had a 0-0 league draw in February and Celtic beat Rangers in the Co-operative Insurance Cup final the following month.

"I came in for the first Old Firm game and we won 4-2," he said. "My last game was the 1-0 defeat. You never want to miss those games. It's been tough not being involved in the big games but I've had major games down here as well, playing for Blackpool against some big sides."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...Firm_return.php

The blue bigot gets it wrong:

And thank fuck, great that that arsehole won't play for us again this season!

Charlie Adam last night revealed he will be unable to contribute to Rangers' Clydesdale Bank Premier League title challenge because of red tape over his registration.

Adam has been on loan to Blackpool since February but their Coca-Cola Championship season ends against Swansea tomorrow. The 23-year-old midfielder hoped it would free him up to return to Ibrox for their remaining league games and the Scottish Cup final.

Adam will return to Scotland days before next weekend's final Old Firm game of the season but has accepted that tomorrow's Blackpool fixture will be the last game he can play this season after looking into his contract situation.

advertisement

"My contract at Blackpool runs out on June 2," he said. "I had thought that I could go back and play again for Rangers. But the rules are the rules. I think it's because it's two different national associations involved and another international transfer, which means that I can't be registered to play again for Rangers this season. I'm a wee bit disappointed about it, to be honest."

Adam made only nine appearances for Rangers this season before leaving on loan but two of those were Old Firm games. Manager Walter Smith appreciated his discipline and defensive work-rate as a wide midfielder and gave him starts at Parkhead in August and again when Celtic were at Ibrox on December 27.

It was his last appearance before leaving for Blackpool on the final day of the January transfer window.

Since then he has watched from Lancashire as the Old Firm had a 0-0 league draw in February and Celtic beat Rangers in the Co-operative Insurance Cup final the following month.

"I came in for the first Old Firm game and we won 4-2," he said. "My last game was the 1-0 defeat. You never want to miss those games. It's been tough not being involved in the big games but I've had major games down here as well, playing for Blackpool against some big sides."

http://www.theherald.co.uk/sport/headlines...Firm_return.php

Wattie says different from michael grant, and I would tend to believe Walter but you will obviously side with your own kind you stupid boy ! T.F.I.O. :sherlock:

And he always plays good against Celtic. Maybe if half the players got played in there right positions we would have a good team.

oh i see the plan..

now,charlie adam..in the past,mark hateley

the tactic worked before,

brilliant !