This is a lot of shit

Arsenals SPANISH keeper trying to play for England.

I do not agree with this one bit. The only reasons a player should be able to play for a country is if they are born there or their mother or father is a national of the particular country. It should go no further down the family tree IMO.

This kind of thing that is talked about in the link makes a mockery of the ethics of representing your country.

If McGeady can play for Oirland, just because he ate a potato, then the floodgates are open.

Imagine the induction by the SFA, watch Brigadoon and Highlander for three days, eat nothing but tattie scone and haggis suppers for one month, sleep with a sheep or the heifer fae River Shitty. Force yourself to laugh at Elaine C Smith. Surgically attach chips on both shoulders. Learn to play amazing games against mighty teams but lose against Latvian post office workers. Oh yes, and it would help not to be connected with Rangers.

If McGeady can play for Oirland, just because he ate a potato, then the floodgates are open.

Imagine the induction by the SFA, watch Brigadoon and Highlander for three days, eat nothing but tattie scone and haggis suppers for one month, sleep with a sheep or the heifer fae River Shitty. Force yourself to laugh at Elaine C Smith. Surgically attach chips on both shoulders. Learn to play amazing games against mighty teams but lose against Latvian post office workers. Oh yes, and it would help not to be connected with Rangers.

:craphead:

This kind of thing that is talked about in the link makes a mockery of the ethics of representing your country.

The ethics of representing a multicultural country in 2009, where you can't walk down the street in Glasgow/Edinburgh without bumping into 10 Polish people and other foreigners?

it depends, even if he isnt english, if he still has the passion for england to the extent he wants to represent them then i dont see a problem - although i do admit i would rather scottish players playing for scotland - just my opinion