First timer at Ibrox question...

I'm over from the states for a couple weeks and decided on this game to see Rangers in person for the first time (won't be around next week for Celtic unfortunately). I wanted to bring my digital camera along to capture some pictures while I'm there. Is that permissible within the stadium? Do they check for those things on your way in? I don't want to bring it with me if I have to surrender it before I even get inside.

Thanks, I'm looking forward to the game and a win!

That's perfect.

I was planning on heading over there a bit early to soak up some of the atmosphere. What time do the gates open when they start allowing people into the stadium?

About half 1 - 2 o'clock mate.

You'll get in with a digital camera mate, i'd be wary of taking a larger SLR camera into the fan area, they might take that one off of you, but otherwise it should be fine :)

You'll get some great pics im sure, and have a great time, :21:

no worries whatsoever with cameras - most people have cameras on their mobiles these days so they could hardly enforce anything even if they wanted to...there is often police present at the entrances who will check your bags if you have one but they only really looking for potential weapons or offensive paraphenalia...take plenty of happy snaps but remember to watch the game and soak it all up as well...enjoy yourself mate

If you really want to soak up the atmosphere and meet the fans, go to one of the bars on Paisley Road West or the Stadium bar (not actually in the stadium). It will enhance your enjoyment of your day and get you drunk as well :cheers:

p.s. Have a great day

If you really want to soak up the atmosphere and meet the fans, go to one of the bars on Paisley Road West or the Stadium bar (not actually in the stadium). It will enhance your enjoyment of your day and get you drunk as well :cheers:

p.s. Have a great day

The Louden just off Lorne street would be good for a first timer ;)

A great place :21:

The Louden just off Lorne street would be good for a first timer wink.gif

A great place 21.gif

There is also a bar in the City Center called the Brazenhead which you could go to. They accept Giro cheques, have buckfast on tap and the women give great blowjobs because of a lack of teeth.

The Louden just off Lorne street would be good for a first timer wink.gif

A great place 21.gif

There is also a bar in the City Center called the Brazenhead which you could go to. They accept Giro cheques, have buckfast on tap and the women give great blowjobs because of a lack of teeth.

Ha ha

Thats fukn quality ! :praise:

p.s. Have a great day

:anguish:

Don't go to the Stadium bar whatever you do! Have a good day mate, enjoy Ibrox! :D

Don't go to the Stadium bar whatever you do! Have a good day mate, enjoy Ibrox! biggrin.gif

Come on BP, it isn't the most attractive bar in the world, but if you were only going to go to Ibrox once you have to experience it. I would recommend at least pissing in the toilets.

Don't go to the Stadium bar whatever you do! Have a good day mate, enjoy Ibrox! biggrin.gif

Come on BP, it isn't the most attractive bar in the world, but if you were only going to go to Ibrox once you have to experience it. I would recommend at least pissing in the toilets.

The regulars don't piss in the toilets, why should anyone else? :D

The owners of that place must piss themselves on matchday, it's owned, run and drank in by tims, and on matchdays bear's give them money! :anguish:

The regulars don't piss in the toilets, why should anyone else? biggrin.gif

The owners of that place must piss themselves on matchday, it's owned, run and drank in by tims, and on matchdays bear's give them money! anguish.gif

Did not no that it was run by tims, that has altered my view on the place. I shall never piss in that shithole again.

The regulars don't piss in the toilets, why should anyone else? biggrin.gif

The owners of that place must piss themselves on matchday, it's owned, run and drank in by tims, and on matchdays bear's give them money! anguish.gif

Did not no that it was run by tims, that has altered my view on the place. I shall never piss in that shithole again.

:541:

Great advice everyone.... :thumbup:

Drink some beer, piss on the floor, take some pics and enjoy the game. That's what I've gotten out of the posts.

That was kind of the plan anyway... :cheers:

Hope you enjoy it mate, Ibrox is a special place :rangers:

p.s. Have a great day

I would stay well clear of the stadium bar mate. Go to the wee rangers club for a few pints! Its got a cracking bar and it serves hot food and theres always a good laugh.

Go to the Louden mate.

If you don't know where it is mate, be careful who you ask. If you ask a Tim, he will probably lead you to his cellar of Paedophilia.

Here is a map of where the Louden is mate, just in case you get lost.

forourusafriend.png

Here is some more information that might be of use buddy

http://www.stadiumguide.com/ibrox.htm

If you are here for a few days, make sure you take a stadium tour. It's only £7. Information at the bottom of the link I posted.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I didn't make it to the Louden before the match and whoever said the Stadium Bar was a shithole was right although I did have to try it as it was right outside the subway station. I wanted to hit Louden after the game but when I realized the last subway was at 1830 and looking at the long queue to get in, I decided against it.

I was happy to see the American presence Edu, show up and play quite well. I'm glad he's getting the chance to play at this level, it can only improve his game and hopefully he can carry that back to success with the US National team.

It was an exciting match as we had to wait until the last few minutes of each half for the scores but it certainly was fun to watch and I can't wait for my chance to see another.

What's the deal with not selling beer in the stadium? Is that true for all football matches? I wasn't used to not being able to have a beer at a sporting match. In the states we can get beer at professional American football, baseball, basketball, hockey, etc. so I was a little surprised that you couldn't get it inside.

Thanks for the advice everyone. I didn't make it to the Louden before the match and whoever said the Stadium Bar was a shithole was right although I did have to try it as it was right outside the subway station. I wanted to hit Louden after the game but when I realized the last subway was at 1830 and looking at the long queue to get in, I decided against it.

I was happy to see the American presence Edu, show up and play quite well. I'm glad he's getting the chance to play at this level, it can only improve his game and hopefully he can carry that back to success with the US National team.

It was an exciting match as we had to wait until the last few minutes of each half for the scores but it certainly was fun to watch and I can't wait for my chance to see another.

What's the deal with not selling beer in the stadium? Is that true for all football matches? I wasn't used to not being able to have a beer at a sporting match. In the states we can get beer at professional American football, baseball, basketball, hockey, etc. so I was a little surprised that you couldn't get it inside.

all alcohol at games banned due to a little mishap at the 1980 scottish cup final :rolleyes: