Man city's shopping list

Manchester City will make John Terry their No.1 target this summer by making a £20million bid for the England captain.

City's owners, the Abu Dhabi United Group, have put the Chelsea defender at the top of a wanted list that also includes Barcelona's Samuel Eto'o, Werder Bremen's Brazilian playmaker Diego and Bayern Munich's Franck Ribery.

Ribery will snub the Blues for Barcelona. But after failing to land AC Milan superstar Kaka during the January transfer window, City are now starting to set their sights closer to home.

City are prepared to offer wages in excess of £200,000 a week to land a stellar name and as Fabio Capello's skipper Terry, 28, fits the bill perfectly for City.

Man City are a joke now, money won't buy them a team.

I disagree with that one mate

Well it will buy them a team :lol:

But i just think buying big named stars and throwing them in a team never makes the best team in the world.

They have to work well together, i just can't see them being a big team contending for the EPL title and CL anytime soon.

They should stay away from the most famous players in the world... Chelsea didn't just go for big names. They got Robben from PSV and Drogba who had only played one season at Marseille. There's no point buying players from Real Madrid/Milan. Look elsewhere.

Get Diego, Veloso, Aguero and some british players.

Man City are a joke now, money won't buy them a team.

I disagree with that one mate

Mate

All they need to do is convince ONE big name to join Robinho

If they can get one truly great player the rest will begin to follow.

Thats how it always starts.

Years ago, Arsenal bought Bergkamp and everyone thought nobody else would follow him. Well they did. And they still will.

If Man City get Terry, it raises there stature in English eyes. They will then be in for a few others interspersed with a top (if not World Class) european or 3.

They repeat the pattern the following season and in 3 years you have a top top squad.

If used wisely to a wee thought out plan, money my friend, can buy ANYTHING

Best players DONT make the best team.

As it is now Robinho is running the show but when more superstars come with their big egos he will take the huff.