Emmanuel Ekpo - MLS

Emmanuel Ekpo (born December 20, 1987 in Ekori) is a Nigerian soccer player who currently plays for Columbus Crew in Major League Soccer.

Ekpo spent his early years in the youth system of the Calabar Rovers, before going on to play professionally for Akwa United and Enyimba in the Nigerian Premier League.

Ekpo signed a contract with Columbus Crew on April 15, 2008[1], and scored an impressive first goal for the Crew on June 28, 2008, in a game against the Colorado Rapids.[2]

----------------------

Saw him play against TFC last night and he was incredible. We really should send a scout to some of these MLS games. Ekpo could work easily.

In his off time he sends me emails that he has no money and just needs a little bit to help his family survive.

I checked the video out, looks good. Decent pass for the first goal, weighted it right and had the vision to see it. They say a video can make anyone look good, probably true but he looks alright to me !!

His size and speed were one thing, but his touches were unreal. He was getting through 3 players multiple times.

When I watched Edu in the MLS, he was doing the same thing! Its what led me to the conclusion that I would love for us to sign him but he would end up at a bigger club

• 3 weeks later...
Nah, we don't need another CM

I disagree here.

Outside of Thomson, Mendes (how many years left), and Edu, there isn't that much cover when you play Davis on the wing. Even if Barry stays, how many years does he have left? We wouldn't be hurt snapping up a low-20s player that can attack from the middle.