***The Official Rangers v Celtc Thread***

Muff

Yeah just saw that.

Referee: Craig Thomson

Assistants: Francis Andrews and Tom Murphy

Craig Thomson, and, Tom fenian bastard Murphy.

• Replies 820
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, sadly Papac looks like being back, which, essentially limits our options on the left, unless he has learnt to utilise the left midfielder in his time off. That said, not sure Smith should move to LB, but, Whittaker would be usefull to have up against mcgeady

I agree to an extent about Smith for delivery, Mendes and Davis REALLY need to get their fingers out, but, who would replace either of them anyway? Edu is a gimme, and, I would start with Boyd and Lafferty, and, have Velicka and Miller ready to replace them respectively depending how we are doing.

I dont see the real need to change things much from recently, because its working, and, celtic arent very good anyway. Boyd and Velicka would only work if our midfield was on form and creating, which, from recent performances, doesnt give me great hope in that sense, hence Lafferty, who can create a bit more

Tom Murphy was the linesman Walter Smith blasted earlier on in the season for a number of blunders; the two that stand out are McDonald's offside goal at the piggery last season, Beasley's at Pittodrie, and, Boyd's goal at Fir Park earlier on in the season. Francis Andrews is pretty hopeless aswell.

We also have Eddie Smith officiating the Hibs game.

:alexander:
:whittaker::bougherra::weir::papac:
:davis: :mendes: :edu: :ssmith:
:velicka::boyd:

Subs:
Novo
Lafferty
McGregor
Fleck
Aaron

We could have done a lot worse than Craig Thomson for sure.

If we had to have Eddie Smith between now and the end of the season, I'm glad we got him at a home match.

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac:
:boyd: :lafferty:

I'd like to see Novo come on in about the 60th to freshen things up and attack at Sellicks shit defence.

I don't see why so many are picking Stevie Smith?

Bar his deliveries, he's been pish, and, he gives away far too m any fouls. His positioning is pretty garbage aswell. Sasa Papac is back, and, the understanding between the two of them was non-existant.

Stevie Smith flying in to almost every tackle is not what we need (Whittaker is also bad for this). Smith got away with 7 or 8 foul in his 1st game back against Motherwell, he was pretty non-existant at Easter Road, and, poor against Hearts, he won't get away with his constant fouling, or getting caught out of position against celtc.

Bar his deliveries, he's been pish, and, he gives away far too m any fouls. His positioning is pretty garbage aswell. Sasa Papac is back, and, the understanding between the two of them was non-existant.

Stevie Smith flying in to almost every tackle is not what we need (Whittaker is also bad for this). Smith got away with 7 or 8 foul in his 1st game back against Motherwell, he was pretty non-existant at Easter Road, and, poor against Hearts, he won't get away with his constant fouling, or getting caught out of position against celtc.

I dont know, for the last few games, the problem we have is nobody doing that, so, other teams do it to us, and we wilt out the game.

I dont know, for the last few games, the problem we have is nobody doing that, so, other teams do it to us, and we wilt out the game.

He won't get away with his tackles on Saturday. He was lucky to stay on the park against Motherwell. There is putting a boot in, and, there is constant, late, stupid tackles, that both Smith, and Whittaker have a problem with.

As I said in another thread, Smith could end up being our Nakamura.

Decent at set pieces, but not contributing much elsewhere. Given how long he's been out for though, I'd say he's doing fine but I'm wary of people expecting too much from him.

Craig Thomson and Tom Murphy are worth at least a goal of a start for the scum.

If any bears are unsure, check out the match report on the official site for the December OF game at Ibrox that Thomson was in charge of, the normally reserved and placid match report slated Thomson and reminds us that he got booed off at half time for a series of undefensible pro-scum decisions, and this was still 0-0 at the time with us well on top.

Murphy as stated above has so much anti-Rangers, pro-scum history you could fill a book on his own and only this season has already cost us 4 points with 2 outrageous decisions at Pittodrie and Fir Park that were indefensible.

What are the pair of cheats reward for having such a poor season, you've guessed it, the final OF game where they need to ensure a result for their hooped heroes.

We will have to be at our very best on Saturday to prevail.

As I said in another thread, Smith could end up being our Nakamura.

Decent at set pieces, but not contributing much elsewhere. Given how long he's been out for though, I'd say he's doing fine but I'm wary of people expecting too much from him.

Not such a bad thing though, we had the same with Adam, at least it gave us the chance of actually making a free kick count. Smiths at the weekend was the first time in so long, in fact, since Aaron against Forfar (and the time before that??) that I can recall a Rangers fk going over the wall and on target.

Its woeful that we dont have a threat from them.

It's woeful that after all this time it's not been addressed. It's a fucking disgrace that not one professional footballer in our team can take a corner/free-kick; even Stevie Smith fails to beat the front man on a number of occassions.

Basic stuff!

It's woeful that after all this time it's not been addressed. It's a fucking disgrace that not one professional footballer in our team can take a corner/free-kick; even Stevie Smith fails to beat the front man on a number of occassions.

Basic stuff!

I find it hard to understand why guys like Mendes and Davis, who are supposed to have great technique, cant take them? Smith, I guess, has an excuse if we look at it as him being a defender, but, it really is poor. Thomson takes a good FK, but never gets near them.

One of the strangest points to all this, is, Charlie Adam, for all his faults, did have the opposition worried when it came to free kicks. If you add that, to how ineffectual we have been on the left since we loaned him out, at times, its almost as if we were too hard on the guy.

Aaron showed some promise with set pieces, in his cameos so far, but, it is a frighteningly big hole in our squad.

I turn away when Boyd stands over the free-kicks, and, he should never be allowed to take on ever again - it's fucking embarrassing!

Mendes, Davis, and, everyone else should be made to work on them in training until they get it right. It is clear to see that they don't.

I turn away when Boyd stands over the free-kicks, and, he should never be allowed to take on ever again - it's fucking embarrassing!

Mendes, Davis, and, everyone else should be made to work on them in training until they get it right. It is clear to see that they don't.

Aye, thing is, Boyd was meant to be good at them in his Killie days, I remember reading something about people being surprised he didnt take them. Then again, he has really good technique when it comes to striking a ball as you cansee from some of his goals, but, they are all laid off to him, rather than him actually taking them, which is again something I dont get.

I dont think we work on set pieces at all. Velickas goal surprised me, because it came from a corner. We dont generally threaten from them either. It really is beyond me why not, as, even 2nd division teams do!

:whittaker: :weir: :bougherra: :papac::

:lafferty: :novo:

would be happy with this team and a 5-0 score line to the Teddy Bears :21:

:whittaker: :bougherra: :weir: :papac:

:davis: :mendes: :edu: :Smith:

:boyd: :velicka:

Why change a winning formula? This team has won us our last 5 games so lets stick with it, and thats what i think wally will do!

Come on the Gers !

:davis: :mendes: :edu:

:novo: ------------------------- :lafferty:
:miller:

Near enough best selection imo.

Novo does well in old firm, having a Davis playing more centrally would only benefit himself and Rangers. And Whittaker,Davis and Novo would all get in mcGeadys face and try prevent him playing.

I think Walter might opt for Boyd though. With Walter in charge he could either stick with the same team, which hasnt been that impressive tbh or change it. We shall see how Wise the 3 men are come Saturday :anguish: That team is our best chance of winning IMO .

:davis: :mendes: :edu:

:novo: ------------------------- :lafferty:

:miller:

Near enough best selection imo.

Novo does well in old firm, having a Davis playing more centrally would only benefit himself and Rangers. And Whittaker,Davis and Novo would all get in mcGeadys face and try prevent him playing.

I think Walter might opt for Boyd though. With Walter in charge he could either stick with the same team, which hasnt been that impressive tbh or change it. We shall see how Wise the 3 men are come Saturday :anguish: That team is our best chance of winning IMO .

hope not.

I think we should stick with the same team that has given us 6 wins in a row for a very long time. Why fuck things around when they don't need to be? Taking Velicka off, not only being a huge kick in the baws for him, could prove costly, as he is a proven goalscorer, anyone who says otherwise is seriously daft.

Boydy is another issue, as we could use Miller or Lafferty up front to great effect instead of him, but who knows, right place, right time nd all that. I wouldn't change the midfield that much, keeping Novo for the 60thish minute seems sensible as he'll create problems for their defence.

FINALLY, WE NEED A WIN, SMITH MUST KNOW THIS, WE WILL ACCEPT NOTHING LESS, LET'S BRING THE LEAGUE FLAG HOME!!!!