Get Davis into the middle and bump either . . .

Guest The Brown Brogue

Just the usual attempt to stir up some controversy :rolleyes:

Edu has been our consistently best midfield performer since he was brought into the side, and Davis has been no better or worse than Mendes this season.

But of course Davis is a Rangers daft Ulsterman so that seems to cut him a lot more slack than his ability does...

Have you seen how fast Edu is? He might be one of the fastest players in our team

Well he MIGHT but haven't seen any evidence of it yet plus there was a point today when a hearts player threw him about like a raggy doll. The big picture is coming up and we need a definite, not he might be ! Next Saturday will be his litmus test ! :sherlock:

i would defo play davis in the middle with mendes and put edu on the right he is faster than davis and can tackle but i doubt it will happen!!!

Have you seen how fast Edu is? He might be one of the fastest players in our team

Well he MIGHT but haven't seen any evidence of it yet plus there was a point today when a hearts player threw him about like a raggy doll. The big picture is coming up and we need a definite, not he might be ! Next Saturday will be his litmus test ! :sherlock:

Don't know what game you where watching mate, but i never saw Edu lose a tackle all day

Personally I'd drop Davis, possibly for Novo. Edu's doing just fine, and Mendes played a few brilliant passes today.

At last...someone else was watching the same game as me today!

One pass I saw him play to SMith with the outside of his right foot into Smith's path....just perfect. Reminded me of RDB!

Personally I feel Edu is a great winner of the ball, there is no disputing that.

It is just that he does nothing with it, his passing has been really poor, he also keeps it for too long and it gets taken off him too easily. Saying that it is his winning of the ball and his speed that should merit him keeping his place in the squad for the OF game.

Mendes on the other hand can pass a ball at the right time to the right place and has better vision of the game than most others on the park. He also isn't shy of putting in a tackle.

So IMO, I think it should be Davis that gets punted he has virtually offered nothing the past few games and perhaps Novo could do a better job than him next week.

Edu's final ball isn't great as yet, but his workrate, fitness, strength and tackling is unlike anything else we have.

(tu)

Definitely get Davis in the middle! Wonder what will happen when Thomson comes back?

Was Pedro playing today? I thought Will Haining almost killed him last week and he was going to be out for 4 months with a huge hole in his knee. :ph34r:

:craphead:

The reports of his death were greatly exaggerated !

Mark Twain, 1690 ! :sherlock:

I'd just drop Davis out of the side just now.

I know it'll never happen because he cost £3m, but he's done absolutely nothing for us since December and you could really hear the crowd getting on his back yesterday.

He IS out of position, but it doesn't mean that you can't turn up.

Personally I'd drop Davis, possibly for Novo. Edu's doing just fine, and Mendes played a few brilliant passes today.

At last...someone else was watching the same game as me today!

One pass I saw him play to SMith with the outside of his right foot into Smith's path....just perfect. Reminded me of RDB!

A great ball to put Davis in on goal as well and it was a piece of magic breaking out of defence from Mendes that led to our second goal. Mendes was better today, particularly second half.

I'd just drop Davis out of the side just now.

I know it'll never happen because he cost £3m, but he's done absolutely nothing for us since December and you could really hear the crowd getting on his back yesterday.

He IS out of position, but it doesn't mean that you can't turn up.

Papaguy51 - Your RIGHT - Davis may be being played out of position - however basically thats all he has ever played for us - so he needs to get on with it and do his job for the TEAM. He needs to play WELL in that position to merit anything else. However he gets dragged out of position and that leaves whomever exposed at Right back - team looked better in the second half yesterday when he stayed where he should be (Walter must have had a chat).