Rangers 2 v. Hearts 0 - ***PLAYER RATER***

edu was the best player on the park i.m.o

tbh i thought driver was the best player on the park , made it hard for our defense but it didnt help when whittaker wanted driver too attack... Edu was our best player i thought :rolleyes:

Boyd was pretty bright all game and fully deserves a start v celtc

Velicka ets a good rating because he got the all important first goal at a very good time to score it

Mendes was average but had a bit more inspiration about him than he has had in previous weeks. Thought davis and daily at right were both pretty poor, daily's crossing was awful!!

Edu was alright but not as good as you'r all making him out to have been IMO

Top performers for me today were Edu, Weir, Boyd.

Also thought Whittaker and dare I say McCulloch had good games!

Daily, Davis, Velicka and Mendes didnt do it for me today! Particularly gettin frustrated with Davis recently.....He is not a winger Walter!!!!!!

:dailly: :anguish:

I really think that was one of the worst 90 mins Ive ever seen played in a rangers jersey, every time he crossed the ball it either hit a hearts player or went straight to one. I find it incredible there isnt a much bigger gap in the ratings between him & Edu who had a superb match.

I really fear for Rangers if Wattie plays Dailly next week, imagine mcgayday up against Dailly?

Alexander: 7 Did nothing wrong and was assured.

Dailly: 5 Really average display - caught out a couple of times and his distribution was abysmal.

Weir: 7 Solid, reliable, and positionally sound

McCulloch: 6 staple enough, didn't really bugger up bar giving away a needless corner.

Whittaker: 7 Good display - quietly becoming one of our most consistent performers. Even improved in defence with some good tackles.

Edu: 7 Exactly what we have come to expect from him - shame on Walter Smith for leaving this guy to rot in the reserves for so long.

Mendes: 4 I saw more movement from him than I have recently, and he did try to tackle, but his passing was shite. A total passenger now who didn't contribute a thing. Sooner he's dropped the better.

Davis: 5 Inneffective display overall and should have taken his chance - but not helped by being out on the sodding right wing again. Great tactics there from Walter.

Smith: 6 Gives the same every game, just like he did in LB. Decent distribution although sometimes patchy, but doesn't influence games much.

Velicka: 7 Took his goal terrifically and does it all with the minimum of fuss.

Boyd: 6 His game continues to improve overall but his goal was about luck rather than execution. He is trying hard to be a more rounded striker and credit to him for that.

Alexander = 6 was comfortable throughout

Dailly = 4 pretty dire, switches off

Whittaker = 7 Really came onto a game the last few weeks

McCulloch = 7 a big plus for me yesterday

Weir = 6 Thank god he's a good stopper because his distribution is murder

Davis = 6 Picked up a bit in the 2nd half

Mendes = 7 Much better 2nd half

Edu = 8 Thought he was our best player today

Smith = 6 Did alright but needs to get forward more

Velicka = 5 I thought boyd was slow and cumbersome

Boyd = 6 Whatever all this workrate was I didn't see it. Won a few headers tho

Dailly: 5 Really average display - caught out a couple of times and his distribution was abysmal.

McCulloch: 6 staple enough, didn't really bugger up bar giving away a needless corner.

Whittaker: 7 Good display - quietly becoming one of our most consistent performers. Even improved in defence with some good tackles.

Edu: 7 Exactly what we have come to expect from him - shame on Walter Smith for leaving this guy to rot in the reserves for so long.

Mendes: 4 I saw more movement from him than I have recently, and he did try to tackle, but his passing was shite. A total passenger now who didn't contribute a thing. Sooner he's dropped the better.

Davis: 5 Inneffective display overall and should have taken his chance - but not helped by being out on the sodding right wing again. Great tactics there from Walter.

Smith: 6 Gives the same every game, just like he did in LB. Decent distribution although sometimes patchy, but doesn't influence games much.

Boyd: 6 His game continues to improve overall but his goal was about luck rather than execution. He is trying hard to be a more rounded striker and credit to him for that.

Fairly close, but, I was more generous, given we beat hearts 2-0, in what was billed as a hard game

I rated Boyd slightly behind Edu, who was my MOM, as, he had a very good game, and, luck it may be, however, a good striker is in the right place at the right time. I always used to joke that if someone took a shot, and, it came off the woodwork or the gk, it would probably hit Ally on the arse and go in! Sign of a good striker that

Both centre backs were solid, and, rarely troubled

Fairly close, but, I was more generous, given we beat hearts 2-0, in what was billed as a hard game

I rated Boyd slightly behind Edu, who was my MOM, as, he had a very good game, and, luck it may be, however, a good striker is in the right place at the right time. I always used to joke that if someone took a shot, and, it came off the woodwork or the gk, it would probably hit Ally on the arse and go in! Sign of a good striker that

Mendes 4??? Don't understand that and how can you say Velicka did better than Boyd. im no Boyds biggest fan but he put in a far better shift than Andrius

Mendes 4??? Don't understand that and how can you say Velicka did better than Boyd. im no Boyds biggest fan but he put in a far better shift than Andrius

I meant, as far as performances, I didnt give anyone less than a 6, because we won, but, Davis and Mendes disappointed for me, as did dailly, Weir and LM were solid enough too

and, as i said, Boyd was just behind Edu for me as MOM (tu)

Davis was ok yesterday. He was in the thick of things and I thought his passing was ok. I wish we had a proper right winger though who would stay on the touchline and offer some width! Mendes I gave 7 as I thought he was great in the second and half and I remember a few superb through balls that split the Hearts defence that we should have scored from. Edu was my MOTM though followed by Weir and Boyd.

<cr> I think boyd ran about alot more than Velicka .. tried to link up play... a few times Boyd was a good 20 yards behind miller trying to link up..

Boyd Scored 1 and set up 1 . His goal might of been 'luck' but he had to be in the right place at the right time, also velicka wouldnt of scored if not for Boyds set up play.

For him to get a lower rating than Velicka who imo. Scored and done not 1 other thing in the full game... is strange.

It is all about opinions tho :craphead: Mon the geerrs

LMAO...What a lot of nonsense. It's official, Mendes, for some unknown reason, is the new Papac.

LMAO...What a lot of nonsense. It's official, Mendes, for some unknown reason, is the new Papac.

Why? I gave him a 6, because we won, however, I dont recall him doing anything in the entire game. Same with Davis. I think, people like Danny are getting fed up, as, Mendes and Davis HAVE the ability, but, are not using it, and, at this point in the season, thats unacceptable, no? Christ even Boyd put more effort in than Mendes yesterday, and, that in itself should be a sign. Also completely outshone in midfield by a young american lad who has only been playing footie for 2 years! These 2 guys need a kick in the arse and to get on top of it now. I fail to see how anyone could be in any way satisfied with either player on Sunday

Why? I gave him a 6, because we won, however, I dont recall him doing anything in the entire game. Same with Davis. I think, people like Danny are getting fed up, as, Mendes and Davis HAVE the ability, but, are not using it, and, at this point in the season, thats unacceptable, no? Christ even Boyd put more effort in than Mendes yesterday, and, that in itself should be a sign. Also completely outshone in midfield by a young american lad who has only been playing footie for 2 years! These 2 guys need a kick in the arse and to get on top of it now. I fail to see how anyone could be in any way satisfied with either player on Sunday

Mendes played some very good passes, particularly second half, including a great through ball that set Davis up for a chance and a bit of great play that led to the second goal. There were others as well. Anyone who claims he did nothing yesterday , or didn't contribute a thing, is blind or just talking out of their arse.

Saying that...I think a 6 is a reasonable score to give him, a 4 (and making him the worst player) is just ridiculous but par for the course as far as the new Papac is concerned.

Maybe we (I at least) expect a bit more from him. He definately wasnt the worst on the pitch, I agree, but, on the other hand, a higher standard is expected from him, so, relatively speaking, when he underperforms, its more noticable, and, perhaps more disappointing than say, Daillys performance?

He cant be the new Papac tho fella, he passes to young players ;)

And you're my new stalker :)

Maybe we (I at least) expect a bit more from him. He definately wasnt the worst on the pitch, I agree, but, on the other hand, a higher standard is expected from him, so, relatively speaking, when he underperforms, its more noticable, and, perhaps more disappointing than say, Daillys performance?

I don't expect more from him, I haven't for a long time.

I gave up with him completely about 2 months ago. Constantly trying his wanky Hollywood passes which 9 times out of 10 end up out of play or back with the opposition. Constantly passing back the way. Tackling weakly.

He should take a leaf out of Edu's book - work hard, keep it simple, and get forward occasionally.

I don't expect more from him, I haven't for a long time. - I always expect more from our players

I gave up with him completely about 2 months ago. Constantly trying his wanky Hollywood passes which 9 times out of 10 end up out of play or back with the opposition. Constantly passing back the way. Tackling weakly. - Ah, Charlie Adam syndrome? While it often doesnt come off, people praise them for "seeing things other players dont", then, slated when they dont come off, then, complain about other players who dont do it! The other bit is something that always confuses me with some of our fans, passing back IS keeping it simple, its called retention of possession, and, something Ferguson was always slated for, yet, Hemdani and teams across the world get lauded for? Weird!

He should take a leaf out of Edu's book - work hard, keep it simple, and get forward occasionally. - I agree that at present, Edu is our best performing midfielder

Oh you fickle fan you :pipe: