Today's Support Was Disgraceful

Gutted to see so many tickets for sale outside the ground before kick off and couldn't believe the amount of empty seats.

FFS - we're in with a real shout of winning this league with only 4 games remaining, we're also in the Scottish Cup Final, this was the time to send out the message loud and clear that we really do mean business and by "we" I mean the team AND the fans.

Much as I was proud to see 45 Commando receive a fantastic reception I couldn't help but feel they actuallly got better support than the team itself.

Rant over.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From watching on the television, I thought the crowd started very strong but quietened down after Hearts had 75% of the possession in the opening 25 minutes.

There were probably a number of reasons for the crowd being small today

Strange kick off time.

Lee Mcculloch playing in defence.

Over-priced tickets.

The game being shown on setanta.

Did I mention Lee Mcculloch was playing in defence?

From watching on the television, I thought the crowd started very strong but quietened down after Hearts had 75% of the possession in the opening 25 minutes.

There were probably a number of reasons for the crowd being small today

Strange kick off time.

Lee Mcculloch playing in defence.

Over-priced tickets.

The game being shown on setanta.

Did I mention Lee Mcculloch was playing in defence?

Yes, you did mention "Big Lee"

Actually, he had a very good game today.

Let's stop this fucking about and making pish excuses - leave that to the other mob. For us to win the title we need a huge effort from everyone that cares about Rangers and that includes the fans. The team need us now, maybe more than ever, back them to the hilt with everything we've got and then some.

The chips are down and there's no place for the faint of heart - let's see us get right behind them from here on in and hopefully we'll be celebrating the double in a few weeks time.

i knew a lad who was from N.Ireland

he says his bus used to not come over for sunday games as getting people home for a decent nights kip before the new working week was a bastard

so they used to sell their tickets to scottish based buses who would then use them or flog them on

i know its a bank holiday tomorrow but ight still affect it

plus with the way jobs are going at the moment, the amount of "sickies" to go to the game will probably be a hell of a lot less, in fear of losing their jobs

just a though

Your first point about so many tickets for sale and empty seats has nothing to do with the support that were there <cr>

.... Of course it does. We're all in this together and a lot of the seats that were empty were season ticket holders. Some of the fans around me were more enthusiastic towards the soldiers than they were the team.

I just felt deflated today when I saw those empty seats when the charge for the title is well and truly on - wonder how the players felt?

The problem is a lot and probably the majority of fans at Ibrox just sit and moan and don't actually support the team,a lot of people try to sing but just get weird looks from people.

Your first point about so many tickets for sale and empty seats has nothing to do with the support that were there <cr>

.... Of course it does. We're all in this together and a lot of the seats that were empty were season ticket holders. Some of the fans around me were more enthusiastic towards the soldiers than they were the team.

I just felt deflated today when I saw those empty seats when the charge for the title is well and truly on - wonder how the players felt?

I hope they felt the way the fans have all season then maybe they will understand why those seats are empty

The problem is a lot and probably the majority of fans at Ibrox just sit and moan and don't actually support the team,a lot of people try to sing but just get weird looks from people.

Some of the looks I have recieved over the years trying to sing :anguish:. Some of them treat you like absolute shite.

Being the lone voice trying to sing for 20 rows is frustrating.

Yes i know,i know that some ST holders can sometimes miss an odd game because they are unwell or another good reason,but the following pisses me off so much,there are 3 seats in front of me,and they are all taken up by ST holders however the seats are only ever occupied at an OF match and that's not a lie,they have been empty the whole season and the tools who have bought them just use them for the OF games which is a joke,they are not Rangers fans it's as simple as.

I think you misunderstood what i was saying though regarding the supporters that actually turned up today,it wasn't their fault there were so many empty seats,ok mabye they don't sing or support the team as much as they should be but they turned up so therefore the empty seats are nothing to do with them.

Gutted to see so many tickets for sale outside the ground before kick off and couldn't believe the amount of empty seats.

FFS - we're in with a real shout of winning this league with only 4 games remaining, we're also in the Scottish Cup Final, this was the time to send out the message loud and clear that we really do mean business and by "we" I mean the team AND the fans.

Much as I was proud to see 45 Commando receive a fantastic reception I couldn't help but feel they actuallly got better support than the team itself.

Rant over.

I disagree

Yes i know,i know that some ST holders can sometimes miss an odd game because they are unwell or another good reason,but the following pisses me off so much,there are 3 seats in front of me,and they are all taken up by ST holders however the seats are only ever occupied at an OF match and that's not a lie,they have been empty the whole season and the tools who have bought them just use them for the OF games which is a joke,they are not Rangers fans it's as simple as.

I think you misunderstood what i was saying though regarding the supporters that actually turned up today,it wasn't their fault there were so many empty seats,ok mabye they don't sing or support the team as much as they should be but they turned up so therefore the empty seats are nothing to do with them.

I appreciate what you're saying in that supporters who do turn up cannot be held responsible for those who don't. I'm just frustrated that the team didn't get the vocal backing you would expect with so much at stake. Again, I'm fully aware that tension is now playing a part in this and the players themselves aren't doing an awful lot by way of entertaining the fans BUT!!!! the fans within the stadium MUST do more. We all have a part to play in this.

I appreciate what you're saying in that supporters who do turn up cannot be held responsible for those who don't. I'm just frustrated that the team didn't get the vocal backing you would expect with so much at stake. Again, I'm fully aware that tension is now playing a part in this and the players themselves aren't doing an awful lot by way of entertaining the fans BUT!!!! the fans within the stadium MUST do more. We all have a part to play in this.

I know,the atmosphere is non existent and has been for a while now sadly,i'd love to see Ibrox like the Britannia Stadium in terms of atmosphere created but it's just not going to happen in the near future unless something drastic happens.

The only emty seats i saw were at the broomloan front, not many though. ohh and a few at the govan east cornor. I would say there woul have been 48 thousand there. does anyone know the attendance today.?

49,633 (tu)

The only emty seats i saw were at the broomloan front, not many though. ohh and a few at the govan east cornor. I would say there woul have been 48 thousand there. does anyone know the attendance today.?

Official attendance doesn't mean anything really, they count season ticket holders as attendees whether they turn up or not.

As i have posted before, there is many fans who now go just treat supporting the club as a hobby, and that is part of the problem.

I've said that exact quote for many years now mate (tu). It's only an answer to a question and holds no deep meaning for alot of people.

49,633 (tu)

(tu) Cheers whats so bad about that. why are people even moaning About the the crowd today?

1 thousand short. calm yer Nickers.

sunday 3:30 Kickoff

maybe thats why, I don't think the crowd was low today anyway.

:uk: and the atmosphere was awryt the day. bet there will be a few people randum getting tickets for next week but have never been to a game all season Jokers.

i know man see how many moaners there are cause there well were used to seein good rangers teams. 1 thing get a grip and support the fuckin team no matter whos playing.