Boyd and the top 6 myth

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What's his scoring stats against the team that finishes top (or second)? The old firm are by far and away the best teams in the coutry and that's where he should really be measured.

He has played a total of 376 minutes against Timmy and scored once.

Whilst that is way out of line with the rest of his stats, and despite me being undecided on him cause of his attitude, i dont think you can say thats the only team he can be judged against mate (tu)

Let's be honest is he good enough when we have our backs to the wall. Scottish football only really has 2 hard games Sheep away how many has he scored there and against THEM. Whats the stats? :gerbad:

'Youllneverwinaway' where do you get all your facts and figures from?

You seem to be able to pull all these stats about players, refs against certain teams etc.

Just curious to your source. (tu)

Great rangers goalscorers have to score against Celtic and in Europe. If Boyd can do that then, and only then, can he go onto be considered one of the greats. hopefully he begins to do that against celtic on Saturday. COME ON BOYDIE

You seem to be able to pull all these stats about players, refs against certain teams etc.

I have 4 different sources mate.

www.soccerbase.com

Rangers - the complete record (book)

Rangers Football companion (book)

an xl spreadsheet that someone posted on here a while ago.

(tu)

I have 4 different sources mate.

www.soccerbase.com

Rangers - the complete record (book)

Rangers Football companion (book)

an xl spreadsheet that someone posted on here a while ago.

(tu)

Cheers (tu)

What's his scoring stats against the team that finishes top (or second)? The old firm are by far and away the best teams in the coutry and that's where he should really be measured.

So if Boyd's scoring record against the scum was immence yet his scoring record against the other teams in the league was very poor would that mean he is a better striker?

That makes no sense <cr>

So if Boyd's scoring record against the scum was immence yet his scoring record against the other teams in the league was very poor would that mean he is a better striker?

That makes no sense <cr>

Ugo Ehiogu is a better striker than Boyd......FACT...

:craphead:

Good stats, I was surprised.

Nonetheless, the only stat I'm concerned about this weekend is one goal in 18 games against Celtic. Although in saying that, I really don't give a flying fuck who scores the winner :pipe:

Well none of our squad has scored against the Tims in the past 3 games so its hardly fair to point a finger at Boydys ability to do it against the 'big' teams.

Nonetheless, the only stat I'm concerned about this weekend is one goal in 18 games against Celtic. Although in saying that, I really don't give a flying fuck who scores the winner :pipe:

To be fair, its only 866 minutes so in the strictest sense of the word, he has played the equivalent of less than 10 games, though 1 goal is still a poor return (tu)

To be fair, its only 866 minutes so in the strictest sense of the word, he has played the equivalent of less than 10 games, though 1 goal is still a poor return (tu)

One goal in 9.62 (accuracy!) games is a god awful return.

It must be a mental thing.

18 games against celtic? Or even your later changed 9.62 games?

I thought he had played 376 minutes against timmy? At technically 90 minutes a match.. Thats 4 and a bit games?

I thought he had played 376 minutes against timmy? At technically 90 minutes a match.. Thats 4 and a bit games?

YNWA said 866 minutes.

18 appearances, but nearly 10 'full games' if you know what I mean.

Regardless of how we dress it up, it's a feckin' abysmal record and I hope to God he improves it on Saturday. I'll have a £10 on him for FGS anyway.

Not really.

What a lot of people forget is that Boyd is a poacher. Nothing more. Nothing less. If he doesnt get chances, he wont make them. If the ball doesnt come in the box, he wont score them or very rarley score them.

In his 9.62 games against Timmy, how many times did his team-mates put the ball in the box for him. What posession did Killie or Rangers have v Timmy as opposed to the rest of the SPL.

Whilst it is my view Boyd should then work on that part of the game and improve, you cant ignore it for what it is.

YNWA said 866 minutes.

Im just going by..

He has played a total of 376 minutes against Timmy and scored once.

Whilst that is way out of line with the rest of his stats, and despite me being undecided on him cause of his attitude, i dont think you can say thats the only team he can be judged against mate (tu)

:unsure::P

Or are we talking about in his career totally with Rangers and Killie?

I would hardly take into effect anything at Killie, to be honest, but true, as you said he needs to do better against them, i hope him scoring this weekend will open the flood gates.

Not really.

What a lot of people forget is that Boyd is a poacher. Nothing more. Nothing less. If he doesnt get chances, he wont make them. If the ball doesnt come in the box, he wont score them or very rarley score them.

In his 9.62 games against Timmy, how many times did his team-mates put the ball in the box for him. What posession did Killie or Rangers have v Timmy as opposed to the rest of the SPL.

Whilst it is my view Boyd should then work on that part of the game and improve, you cant ignore it for what it is.

I'd disagree.

For Scotland's top striker to have only scored once in over 9 games against Celtic is brutal, regardless if we make it look better and stick a cherry on top.

To clarify, the 866 minutes is with Killie and Rangers v Timmy (tu)

Not really.

I'd disagree.

For Scotland's top striker to have only scored once in over 9 games against Celtic is brutal, regardless if we make it look better and stick a cherry on top.

Mmmm, cherry!!!

He does need to score more against Celtic. He quite often gets one chance against them and fluffs it.

Even the one he scored rolled down his shin and Boruc dived out the way!

Not really.

I'd disagree.

Even if the majority of those games were with, what is, a bottom 6 team ?

But saying that about Timmy, the top 6 stats have suprised me, and just goes to show that once someone on a forum says "he hardly scores against the top 6" it then goes around without anyone checking.