Realistically next year

McGregor and Boyd sold bringing in £6 million or so.

----------------------------Alexander----------------------------

Whittaker---------Boogie-------------Edu---------------New LB

Davis-------------Mendes----------Thommo------------New LM

-------------------Lafferty-----------Miller/Novo-----------------

Would like to see Edu dropped back in to see if he could play in the centre of defence. He has shown he can time tackles. He has shown he is great in the air. He has composure. He can play the ball on the deck. He has the fitness to get forward but back if we lose possession. I think he would be an excellent partner for Boogie in there.

What say you all ?

Im open to try Edu at cb in pre season see how he fairs could be an exellent idea. Still not convinced about Lafferty and am very dubious about making him our no1 centre forward, Boyd must stay!

dont want alexander as no 1

McGregor has played 32 games this season and we have won 21, drawn 7 and lost 5 so purely on a points basis(ignoring competition) 70 points from 96

Alexander has played 12 games this season and we have won 11, drawn 1 and lost 0 so 34 points from 36

(tu)

McGregor has played 32 games this season and we have won 21, drawn 7 and lost 5 so purely on a points basis(ignoring competition) 70 points from 96

Alexander has played 12 games this season and we have won 11, drawn 1 and lost 0 so 34 points from 36

(tu)

I don't think you can use that argument to back up that Alexander should be in Goals next season. Although if he was i'd feel safe. However McGregor has played more than double the games Alexander has. Who's to say in the 20 games Alexander has to make up, that he wont concede 30 etc.

Would like to see Edu dropped back in to see if he could play in the centre of defence. He has shown he can time tackles. He has shown he is great in the air. He has composure. He can play the ball on the deck. He has the fitness to get forward but back if we lose possession. I think he would be an excellent partner for Boogie in there.

What say you all ?

I dont know about the goalkeeper side of it, I just feel, in general, McGregor is better, and would be even better if he learnt about distribution from Alexander.

I would be happy with Mendes gone, Davis is young, so, dont mind him about, but, hes not a first pick for me. The striking options there dont say goals, they say a lot of 1-0 wins perhaps, which isnt going to make for a stress free season.

Guest therabbitt

What say you all ?

I like the idea of giving Edu a go at the back to see what he is like, he does have the kind of attributes that could make him very adept at that position.

(tu)

I thought we had statstics to prove when Fergie dropped we are a better team...but now they mean Alexander is better that Mcgregor.....hmmm....

(tu)

I thought we had statstics to prove when Fergie dropped we are a better team...but now they mean Alexander is better that Mcgregor.....hmmm....

Not neccessarily but statistics are statistics. You can either ignore them or look and see if there are any patterns. Alexander has been flung in what is probably the most important part of the season and having won 90% of our games whilst remaining unbeaten has to be at least partly down to something he is doing.

If we get a decent offer for McGregor then i would let him go, though it is good we have 2 very capable keepers at the moment. (tu)