Toffs.com ARE making our 1876/77 shirt!

McBoyd

I have the picture "Rangers Jersey's Through The Ages" that was on sale a while ago and the picture on the left hand corner states " Moses McNeil 1872" the jersey is the exact same design as the one in the picture in McBoyd's post but the colour is sky blue, with a darker blue badge, did they change the colour between 1872 and 1876? .

EDIT: Sorry, the Jersey was sky blue? And the star was a darker blue? Interesting, i've always figured it was white (mainly because of the below image).

I just copied the colours they used on historicalkits.co.uk to make the coloured image you talk about in my post :P

rangers_1876-1879-change-i.gif

And i got the star colour from my image in my signature on the right, the oar.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

GS RETRO today released their version of the shirt. (coincedentally the same time i ask Toffs.com to make one... :ph34r: )

Fail i'm afraid GS RETRO, mainly just the star shape.

4259_1141308380244_1453480168_355811_184

McB, some erect nipples photoshopped in wouldnt go amiss ;)

A big thanks to "rbt1548" (Robert) for this image below.

As i have just private messaged him, the image states that the far left guy is McNeil, when in fact it's Peter Campbell, but thats understandable considering the 1923 published book "The Story of Rangers: Fifty Years Football 1873 - 1923" wrote the wrong names under the team picture :lol:

rangersjerseys2.jpg

toffs.jpg

Have you seen these, I just noticed them in photobucket:

257ome0.jpg

7677teamcolour.jpg

I haven't seen them before no, thanks mate! Appears someone attempted a colour version of that image before me then? Haha!

I like the top image with all the kits! :D

:ph34r: They got Moses McNeil wrong underneath, Campbell, Rickets and Vallance too :P

Nice work McBoyd!! I'll be getting myself one as long as they don't fuck it up. Hope they let you see it before they finalise it :gerbad:

Definately. Idealy someone gives the shirt the once-over and posts their opinion.

What should the line up be?

It should be:

Rangers1876_1877TeamScan-1.jpg

Compared to:

(I've seen this lineup alot, and i assume it's made its way around because of John Allans book published in 1923, that had the wrong line up.)

7677teamcolour.jpg

Nice work McBoyd!! I'll be getting myself one as long as they don't fuck it up. Hope they let you see it before they finalise it :gerbad:

Definately. Idealy someone gives the shirt the once-over and posts their opinion.

I've asked them to send me some pictures of it pre-release :)

McBoyd, can you post the final design once the people at toffs have submitted it, I'd defo look into buying it.

Sure will mate.

I basically asked them to send me the final design/pictures of the product before it comes out, and i'll make up a wee basic 'advert' per se, (just a white background, the shirt, and some text with the Toffs logo) and put it up on here :)

Cheers everyone.

I've just sent them some pictures and information about the shirt, and the star on it. I hope they make it well, as they have many other teams historical shirts.

I hope people buy it too ;):lol:

can you let me know when, where, and how much these will cost Please :praise:

• 2 months later...

(Thanks to boab for finding this thread again) (tu)

Toffs are still designing and creating the shirts. The great news is they have told me they want to get everything perfect about it, from the star, to the material and even the slightly right sided collar and buttons, so expect a decent job :)

They are sampling it now, and hopefully i'll get some pictures this coming week!

Toffs are still designing and creating the shirts. The great news is they have told me they want to get everything perfect about it, from the star, to the material and even the slightly right sided collar and buttons, so expect a decent job :)

They are sampling it now, and hopefully i'll get some pictures this coming week!

I will be buying one!

Well done, McB - looks to be a winner!