Sick of all the PC brigade

minstral

Can I ask all the people who want to disassociate Rangers and Protestant/unionism.

when did you first start supporting Rangers

and

what attracted you to Rangers Football Club.

It would be interesting to know, so I can try and relate to your views

This thread is about associating Rangers with the Orange Order; which is an irrelevant organisation. You can be a Unionist and a Protestant without having anything to do with the Orange Order, as David Murray is in fact.

The OO is mentioned in the OP, but I do not think that the thread is solely about the OO. It has more to do with the clubs association with the protestant/unionist community.

If it isn't what the thread is about then the OP should have made that clear then. He states that to make the world know we are a Protestant club we should have an Orange Parade despite their obvious irrelevance to the majority of Protestants.

Irrelevance in your opinion.

And irrelevant in reality too.

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can I ask all the people who want to disassociate Rangers and Protestant/unionism.

and

This thread is about associating Rangers with the Orange Order; which is an irrelevant organisation. You can be a Unionist and a Protestant without having anything to do with the Orange Order, as David Murray is in fact.

The OO is mentioned in the OP, but I do not think that the thread is solely about the OO. It has more to do with the clubs association with the protestant/unionist community.

If it isn't what the thread is about then the OP should have made that clear then. He states that to make the world know we are a Protestant club we should have an Orange Parade despite their obvious irrelevance to the majority of Protestants.

The Orange parade i was on about was the Annual Sunday Parade which went to our ground for many years. And by the way it was hymns that were played and sang, also i see no problem with a flute band, as not all the band are members of the OO. but i stick to my point that we are a Proud Protestant club and nothing to be ashamed of. :)

I know fine well what parade you were on about. What you seem to be struggling with is the idea that they actually aren't in anyway important now, they don't represent the Protestant tradition in Scotland and hold very little interest for the majority of Rangers fans.

I dont know what age you are but religion for the most has been part of our club, but i feel you are one of the Murray babies. :)

My age is irrelevant mate.

I thought football was what was part of our club. Maybe I was wrong and being misled.... silly me <cr>

When an opinion is so against the institution, it is irrelevant.

OK, explain why they are relevant?

PS And I answered your other points on the previous page.

Im an Atheist and half the people I work with ( postman ) are Atheist too and call themselves protestant. The other half call themselves "Kafflick" but are actually Atheist aswell! ?? Dead simple, if you dont believe in God, the afterlife or organised religion, sorry to break it to you......you are an Atheist. Best way to be in my opinion.

:marv: in reality and what we know.

I dont know what age you are but religion for the most has been part of our club, but i feel you are one of the Murray babies. :)

I thought football was what was part of our club. Maybe I was wrong and being misled.... silly me <cr>

So is religion never had anything to do with our club, and do you know much about our old support. :)

and

The Orange parade i was on about was the Annual Sunday Parade which went to our ground for many years. And by the way it was hymns that were played and sang, also i see no problem with a flute band, as not all the band are members of the OO. but i stick to my point that we are a Proud Protestant club and nothing to be ashamed of. :)

I know fine well what parade you were on about. What you seem to be struggling with is the idea that they actually aren't in anyway important now, they don't represent the Protestant tradition in Scotland and hold very little interest for the majority of Rangers fans.

You must mix with different fans that i do.

Im an Atheist and half the people I work with ( postman ) are Atheist too and call themselves protestant. The other half call themselves "Kafflick" but are actually Atheist aswell! ?? Dead simple, if you dont believe in God, the afterlife or organised religion, sorry to break it to you......you are an Atheist. Best way to be in my opinion.

:marv: in reality and what we know.

(tu)

I wonder how many "Protestants" actually know what their religion is all about. Most just see it as another opposite to Catholic Celtic fans.

very true

takes nothing away from the true protestants though :clap:

Of course. I don't think I've ever met one though.

Well you haven't met me then.

You believe in God?

So is religion never had anything to do with our club, and do you know much about our old support. :)

I didn't say religion never had anything to do with our club. I said we are a football club, not a religion or in anyway have ever been affiliated to a religion. There is nothing officially in writing saying that Rangers Football Club are a Protestant football club.

Yes I know about the OLD support. It's the OLD support that are stopping things progressing away from the religious side of things. This is the 21st century, it's time to move on.

As I said, there is no place on a football field for religion.

Yeah. The Old support. Times have changed. We're all atheists now, there is no God, lets just get on with the Football.

You believe in God?

What difference does it make if he does? What difference does it make if any of us do?

What I don't understand is where all this hate comes from. Hate is a strong word I know, but that's what it is. Too often we see threads on here attempting to distance our club from Protestantism, but why? What difference does that make to your life or the way you feel about our football club or our fans?

Our club has a massive Protestant following. Why are you so ashamed and embarrassed by that?

You believe in God?

What difference does it make if he does? What difference does it make if any of us do?

What I don't understand is where all this hate comes from. Hate is a strong word I know, but that's what it is. Too often we see threads on here attempting to distance our club from Protestantism, but why? What difference does that make to your life or the way you feel about our football club or our fans?

Our club has a massive Protestant following. Why are you so ashamed and embarrassed by that?

The reason i ask is because a lot of Rangers fans claim to be Protestant, but actually, they couldn't give a fuck about God, and only take the title "Protestant: because they think if you support Rangers, you have to be. And that it's just another opposite to Celtic.

The reason i ask is because a lot of Rangers fans claim to be Protestant, but actually, they couldn't give a fuck about God, and only take the title "Protestant: because they think if you support Rangers, you have to be. And that it's just another opposite to Celtic.

I don't know any Rangers fan who thinks they 'have to be' Protestant. I know a lot of fans who, like myself, come from a Protestant background and are very proud of that, although they are not religious themselves. I don't see any problem with that, why do you...?

You believe in God?

Too many do this. If these fans want to be taken seriously as Protestants then they should be at church or else they are just taking the name of the Church of Scotland purely to lambast the other side.

I attend church most Sundays as does my son. But it has very little to do with football. Its not why i support Rangers. It does annoy the hell out of me when certain people go on and on about how great it is to be Protestant and the whole Kafflik order is crap. If you dont attend church then you are a non practicing Protestant. Which would suggest that Rangers are a non practicing Protestant club.

You believe in God?

what happens if your born a protestant its not a claim its a birth right

maybe i believe in god or i dont(its none of your business)but i was a protestant by my parents religious beliefs on my birth

do you honestly believe that glasgow rangers or glasgow celtic would have the support they have if it wasnt for the protestant/catholic connection

I don't know any Rangers fan who thinks they 'have to be' Protestant. I know a lot of fans who, like myself, come from a Protestant background and are very proud of that, although they are not religious themselves. I don't see any problem with that, why do you...?

When did i say i have a problem with people coming from a Protestant background? If you've never met a fan who says they are a protestant, but don't believe in god, you need to open your eyes.

Its all good though...we are a far range of people of different opinion and backgrounds. Its good that we are all a bit of everything. There is nothing wrong with celebrating who we are as long as that is what we are doing. Celebrating and not just timmy bashing all day long. I would rather we were shouting about how great we are rather than how pish they are. We all know it anyway.

I wonder how many "Protestants" actually know what their religion is all about. Most just see it as another opposite to Catholic Celtic fans.

very true

takes nothing away from the true protestants though :clap:

Of course. I don't think I've ever met one though.

You've never met a church goer? <cr>

I've never met an actual Protestant Rangers fan.

You believe in God?

maybe i believe in god or i dont(its none of your business)but i was a protestant by my parents religious beliefs on my birth

do you honestly believe that glasgow rangers or glasgow celtic would have the support they have if it wasnt for the protestant/catholic connection

You can be born a Protestant?

You believe in God?

You can be born a Protestant?

dont be a dick

ok just for you

WHAT IF YOUR BORN INTO A PROTESTANT FAMILY

happy with that or are you just arguing with people for the sake of it