Sick of all the PC brigade

minstral

• Replies 540
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Old BD is proud of you Minst, couldn't have done better myself, this thread has confirmed a few on here I've been sus about for quite some time. (tu):sherlock:

On a thread full of interesting points and reasoned debate from both sides of the argument, you stick out like a sore thumb! :anguish:

Dont worry, you really are a "forum character" and we are all really scared of you! :rolleyes:

Keep up the bad work :sleep:

You support Celtc mate, you shag your sister and you find children attractive

very good, the truth is that you are of limited intelligence

So what are your qualifications oh intelligent one? What is your level of education?

qualifications dont prove intelligence imo but ive just left school and have 5 highers AABCC as well as int 2's ,standard grades etc

Well good for fucking you, give yourself a medal

why are you replying like this, i never said i was smart to begin with i just said jim wasnt i never bummed about my qualifications because i dont even care i just told you because you asked

Yeah but Jims cool

:hump:

Old BD is proud of you Minst, couldn't have done better myself, this thread has confirmed a few on here I've been sus about for quite some time. (tu):sherlock:

On a thread full of interesting points and reasoned debate from both sides of the argument, you stick out like a sore thumb! :anguish:

Dont worry, you really are a "forum character" and we are all really scared of you! :rolleyes:

:D

I have put the replies in this thread into 3 categories : defo jhungles / jhournos / lonely, sad, attention seekin declan nae mates. Sorry 4 categories last but not least Real Rangers supporters. Will sort out who's who later, in the meantime I'm showered, shaved, seen an old friend off to the sea now I'm off to The Walk, SURE SURE SURE SURE SURE SURE ! Have a good day lads ! :cheers::uk::crabflute::crabflute::crabflute::crabflute::scot::sherlock:

sorry BD you forgot dinasauers, ubber-prods and 'The Moderate Majoirity' from your listing!! :lol:

(BTW I have done the SSS and now away for a latte and biscoti)

Also for got the paranoid category. BD, you go right in at number one. :pipe:

Category 1 : Dietspam, brissybear, idealbroomloan

Category 2:

Category 3:

Category 4:

:sherlock:

I have put the replies in this thread into 3 categories : defo jhungles / jhournos / lonely, sad, attention seekin declan nae mates. Sorry 4 categories last but not least Real Rangers supporters. Will sort out who's who later, in the meantime I'm showered, shaved, seen an old friend off to the sea now I'm off to The Walk, SURE SURE SURE SURE SURE SURE ! Have a good day lads ! :cheers::uk::crabflute::crabflute::crabflute::crabflute::scot::sherlock:

sorry BD you forgot dinasauers, ubber-prods and 'The Moderate Majoirity' from your listing!! :lol:

Category 2:

Category 3:

Category 4:

Blue you make me laugh. :D

(tu) Out ,out ,out!!!

That an admission MacWoodburn ya auld handwrining basaa?! :uk:;):pipe:

Me a handringer ?? No never no more!!!

I'll give you the auld bit though!! :uk:

I'm probably one of the ones considered a handwringer so who am I to talk anyway! :D

Although you have your moments MisterC :) you have shown yourself to the kirk and indeed proved yourself to be a more than worthy Real Rangers Man unlike those who hide in the shadows of forums and attack our ways at every turn under the pretence of being Rangers Men, the faceless ones who we never meet and never will because they are the backstabbing enemy that we must weed out. W.A.T.P. MisterC ! (tu):sherlock:

Category 2:

Category 3:

Category 4:

lol

Category 1 : Dietspam,

Category 2:

Category 3:

Category 4:

How did you ever figure it out, BD?

:pipe:

Category 2:

Category 3:

Category 4:

Easy dietspam is an anagram of mark guidi ! :sherlock:

Category 2:

Category 3:

Category 4:

Easy dietspam is an anagram of mark guidi ! :sherlock:

How could have been so foolish. I thought no one would ever rearrange the letters.

I think its time to let the world know that we are a Protestant club and not ashamed of it. For a start we should bring back the annual Orange parade to Ibrox where it belongs and dont worry what the PC brigade think. If it was good enough for our fathers and grandfathers to be proud of our protestant traditions, then we should all be proud and stop trying to appease the Pc brigade. I think the club should have a flute band at every home game to entertain our fans and play the Sash before every home game. We should welcome all religions to Ibrox but stop being scared to tell the whole world that we are a protestant club and not ashamed of our past. :uk:

Rangers are a FOOTBALL club, not a religion or in any way affiliated to a religion. There is no place on a football field or any other sporting field for religion.

If you want to follow a religion, go to a church or whatever building your religion preaches in. If you want to see a game of football, go to a football park.

Every citizen on Earth has the right to follow whatever religion floats their boat. Just as they have the right to follow whatever football team they want.

If you look at all the troubles in the world, past and present and look at what's behind 90% of them... religion.

Religions cause more trouble than they solve. So to me, religion is good for absolutely nothing.

finally someone who speaks sense

What about all the sportsmen/women who cross themselfs before entering their field of play. Boxers who pray to whoever their god is for a safe return to their loved ones, religion is as much apart of everyday life as sport is and to say the two shouldnt cross is absurd.

The difference is that they are using religion in a positive light. We could do that too, but to us it is a negative thing that we use to batter Celtic with. In short, dont celebrate Protestantism, we attach Catholics.

If we did it right, there would be no issue at all but both sides of Glasgow are filled with so much hatred that it will never be the pure celebration that it could be

Tucker said sport and religion shouldnt mix, positive or not. Cant see how haveing the OO at Ibrox is seen as a negative.

(tu) Out ,out ,out!!!

That an admission MacWoodburn ya auld handwrining basaa?! :uk:;):pipe:

Me a handringer ?? No never no more!!!

I'll give you the auld bit though!! :uk:

I'm probably one of the ones considered a handwringer so who am I to talk anyway! :D

Although you have your moments MisterC :) you have shown yourself to the kirk and indeed proved yourself to be a more than worthy Real Rangers Man unlike those who hide in the shadows of forums and attack our ways at every turn under the pretence of being Rangers Men, the faceless ones who we never meet and never will because they are the backstabbing enemy that we must weed out. W.A.T.P. MisterC ! (tu):sherlock:

Many thanks for the kind words BD, its well appreciated. I may have my moments for things that aren't traditionally Rangers but Rangers all the way for me, thats all that matters IMHO ;)

Religion belongs nowhere but Church !!!

Separation of Church, State & Sport Loyal !!!

Tell me why Rangers would not play on the sabbath in our early days. :)

Probably to do with our church link at the time .. i would imagine (cleverly led me down that path, didn't you (!!))

It makes no difference to me, i believe that Religion should have nothing to with either the state or sport (or more specifically .. Rangers)

I support the club for the football & the fact that it's an INCLUSIVE club who welcomes people all of creed, colours AND faiths ... that is the traditions that brought me to the club

Aye, Minstral, isn't it amazing how things have changed in the last 100+ years. I remember half day closing on Sat and Wed as well, pubs closed at 10pm, average life expectancy was 45, TV wasn't invented, Radios didn't exist, disease was rife but life moved on and here we are, things have changed but still you persist with the old ' that how it used to be - so it should be now' crap that you peddle all the time. Move on have some fun enjoying what is and what is to be!

Aye, Minstral, isn't it amazing how things have changed in the last 100+ years. I remember half day closing on Sat and Wed as well, pubs closed at 10pm, average life expectancy was 45, TV wasn't invented, Radios didn't exist, disease was rife but life moved on and here we are, things have changed but still you persist with the old ' that how it used to be - so it should be now' crap that you peddle all the time. Move on have some fun enjoying what is and what is to be!

No thanks all my memories and best days following our club are in the past, and that where i am happy to stay. And as you say things do move on as our club have done, but sad to say not for the better. We now have to watch boring football, plus showing fear to clubs that our reserves should be able to beat. We have a owner who is to busy trying to be friends with everyone and even has a go at his own fans, who also allows a Celtic strip with the name Lennon on the back to be displayed on the wall. We are that skint that we will sell anyone if the money is right, and cant afford to buy players, so no thanks i will stay in the past with the Real Rangers and that will keep me happy until i leave this world and go up above to join the rest of my absent friends.

religion belongs nowhere it is the poison of the earth, please tell me why is there even the word religion there is no need for it these institutions are cults sure some of them do more good than wrong but generally its all bad

religion belongs nowhere it is the poison of the earth, please tell me why is there even the word religion there is no need for it these institutions are cults sure some of them do more good than wrong but generally its all bad

That statement is self contradictory nonsense.

Some folk just don't understand the concept of internet fishing.

Anyway great post minstral, hopefully it will come to pass when the current charlatans are gone.

Maybe even restore our earlier signing practices, the ones that won us a European Trophy?

Now that's fishing.

We won a European cup for singing ? :unsure:

Aye, The Sash won the 1972 Eurovision, did you not know that?

Luxemburg won it with Apres Toi, in edinburgh

Nobody loves a smartass :angry:

Great, as long as folk remember that we were formed in Glasgow in 1872 by lads from the Gareloch, not in the shadow of Harland & Wolff's 'Samson & Goliath' as is often implied. The Ulster connection took hold in the 1920s (50 years into the club's existence), when the Belfast shipyard H&W opened a shipyard in Glasgow. As said before, not denying our heritage but it's definitely a case of the tail wagging the dog as far as I'm concerned.

Dougie to be honest thats a popular misconception. If you read the research by Graham Walker or Bill Murray in their books you will find that the historical event you refer to ( H & W) was not the catalyst to Rangers absorption of a Protestant identity.

It started way before that and seemed to be a response to the overtly Catholic/Irish identity of Celtic FC. In fact around the turn of the century Celtic were often referred to as "The Irishmen" by the popular press. The Scottish people yearned for a football club which reflected their culture in the same way Celtic represented the Irish/Catholic community. Rangers (probably for reasons based mainly around transportation) became that Scottish/Protestant platform.

Further proof exists from 1912 when the Home Rule crisis in Ireland was on the go. John Ure Primrose, a Rangers chairman, shared the same political platform as Edward Carson - lending his support to the cause and encouraging Glaswiegans to follow suit.

Prior to 1920 Rangers were playing charity matches to raise funds for The Orange Order.

Walker also comments on the emergence of the Union flag at Ibrox round about this time. Bear in mind that during this period we also had a World War and the Easter uprising.

Therefore its probably pretty fair to suggest that' given the foregoing evidence' that the shipworkers who came across to Scotland attached themselves to a club which already had a very strong Protestan identity rather than moulded such an identity themselves.

Primrose became 'Club Patron' in 1888. Seems the Club was heading in the Proddy/ Unionist direction just as ra sellick were being founded......