Charlie Adam

tangerine

dont think the wages will be much of a problem, they can prob pay the same or more than what we would pay for plays like adam

500k isnt great but its better keeping adam to sit on the bench or go back out on loan, cos i cant imagine him getting in the 1st team unless we get lots of injuries

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems our bid has been accepted. I suspect the only possible hurdle will be the question of wages. Anyone any idea how much he was earning?

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8121542.stm

Shouldn't be a problem:

But it is interesting to hear his comments on Adam's wages - which are believed to be in the region of seven thousand pounds a week.

'I don't think his wages will be a problem,' he continued. Obviously it is clear that 'Pool are now capable of offering bigger wages to players, and it was widely rumoured that Alan Gow was given the chance to become the highest paid player in Blackpool history before he turned the club down.

http://www.blackpool.vitalfootball.co.uk/s...ge.asp?a=515005

LoL.

Good six months ago we would be over the moon with this amount of cash for him. Now people are wanting more and sell on clauses?

Awful, awful player. 500k and him of the wage bill? Fuckin ace.

I've heard we've had a bid accepted as well and he's speaking to both us and Blackpool tomorrow...hmm.

according to sky he still wants to stay at rangers and will speak with smith before deciding any move. :anguish:

I've heard we've had a bid accepted as well and he's speaking to both us and Blackpool tomorrow...hmm.

according to sky he still wants to stay at rangers and will speak with smith before deciding any move. :anguish:

Hopefully Smith tells Adam that Rangers accepting an offer for him to leave is all the advice he needs on his future at Rangers.

Yeah, they got it from here:

Tue 07 Jul 2009

Following various media reports suggesting the Seasiders were set to complete the signing of Charlie Adam from Scottish giants Rangers, Pool boss Ian Holloway confirmed the Seasiders have had a bid accepted by the Ibrox club but the club have yet to discuss personal terms with the player, "I have just got off the phone to Charlie's agent," Holloway told www.blackpoolfc.co.uk,

"Charlie is supposed be reporting back for pre-season training tomorrow (Wednesday)at Rangers and his agent has told us that although Rangers have accepted our offer he is a bit confused about things because he thought he might have had a chance at Rangers, the lad has heard lots of speculation about Barry Ferguson moving from the club and he fancies the chance of still playing for them because he is a Rangers fan, so he is going to see Walter Smith tomorrow (Wednesday) and hopefully he will be coming to see us on Thursday."

http://www.blackpoolfc.co.uk/page/NewsDeta...1716246,00.html

i would much rather dailly, mcculloch and ferguson got the boot first

but i will take charlie leaving so long as the rest follow him

;)

well put

there are worse players/influences in the dressing room that need hunted first before a young player who has said he wants to stay

(tu)

;)

1 down! :scot:

;)

1 down! :scot:

the fHat lady hasnt sung yet, he says he may be coming back

i thought it was a nightmare i had, but it was all over gers news stories....

hes got to go............got to.........

(tu)