10th July 1989

One for the older Bears this ... who remembers what they were doing when they heard we had signed Mo? I had had a bit of a heavy night and was sleeping it off when my Mum wakened me about mid-day with the news. I obviously feel asleep almost immediately because on waking again a couple of hours later I thought I had dreamt it. My Mum said my face was a picture when she told me it had actually happened :pipe:

I was 12 and sitting in my folks living room watching the news. I didnt get the fuss due to my age and living on an Island where it is not an issue. I was quite shocked by the people setting fire to their season tickets. I kept thhinking..nooooooooo , dont burn it, give it to me.

Mt Dad says he was jumping on a bus when he say a newspaper stand that said something like "Rangers sign Mojo". He fell back off as he tried to take a second look. I would have been 3, so i dunno what i was doing.

Was at work in EK and loved every minute of it the Tims faces were raging..how could he do it, but how he's one of us. Not any more anyone who thinks he was not a good player needs there head seen to. I always rubbed them up when this subject comes up he love the bears more. Scored 1 goal in a 4-4 draw against us. Scored 3 winners against them.

I was only 11 and simply overjoyed that we had signed Scotlands striker, then confused by all the pictures of angry men burning strips and season tickets. Ah the blissful ignorance of youth :rolleyes:

I was walking the Southern Upland Way.

We had a scheduled stop at the Black Bull Hotel in Straiton, Ayrshire for lunch. We sat down and the conversation at the next table was about Rangers signing MoJo. I asked if they were kidding, one of the guys flashed the front page headlining the news. My immediate thought was the Yahoos will be in absolute meltdown. I enjoyed my lunch.