***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

Read the story in L'Equipe, which is the biggest Sports Newspaper in France and one of the top 5 in Europe. Says their sources have heard that Bougherra has agreed terms to a 4 year contract with Bordeaux and that talks will begin with Rangers for the Transfer, the fee could rise to €6million which is £5.1m.

Be sad to see him go if he does go but I think he could be replaced with half that moey we'd get for him or unlikely as it is we'd spend the whole sum, we could get two new centre-backs of similar quality with the £5m.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are the french champions, we are the scottish champions, if they want him, they can fucking pay for him, and big. We sold Hutton for £8M, Cuellar for £7.8M, Boumsong for £8M... you would have to be around that fee surely

First off I think a lot of posters owe the OP an apology. Show your dignity chaps.

Secondly, this is worrying news because Bordeaux are a CL team, and knowing how skint we are, we'd probably take about 6M for him.

MADJID BOUGHERRA is a £5.5million signing target for Bordeaux, according to reports circulating in France today.

The Rangers central defender is Laurent Blanc's No.1 target to replace Souleymane Diawara, who has just moved to Marseille for six million Euros.

Bordeaux are said to be trying to tempt the 26-year-old Algerian international with a lucrative four-year contract.

As stated before, some people will never get used to the fact we are a selling club and needs must.

This will be the Cuellar saga all over again, hopefully Bain did his homework (holds breath) and put a larger buy out clause than Cuellars contract had.

Indeed.

As has been said there, if we sold him for a decent price then I have no doubt that Smith could find a centre back just as good, as that's what he seems good at.

I'd rather keep him than sell him for a paltry £5m though.

Read the story in L'Equipe, which is the biggest Sports Newspaper in France and one of the top 5 in Europe. Says their sources have heard that Bougherra has agreed terms to a 4 year contract with Bordeaux and that talks will begin with Rangers for the Transfer, the fee could rise to €6million which is £5.1m.

Our obligatory transfer window 'biggest asset' loss. January 2005 it was Boumsong, January 2008 it was Hutton, summer 2008 Cuellar.

I don't know why folk expect these guys to stay any more.

First off I think a lot of posters owe the OP an apology. Show your dignity chaps.

Secondly, this is worrying news because Bordeaux are a CL team, and knowing how skint we are, we'd probably take about 6M for him.

MADJID BOUGHERRA is a £5.5million signing target for Bordeaux, according to reports circulating in France today.

The Rangers central defender is Laurent Blanc's No.1 target to replace Souleymane Diawara, who has just moved to Marseille for six million Euros.

Bordeaux are said to be trying to tempt the 26-year-old Algerian international with a lucrative four-year contract.

As stated before, some people will never get used to the fact we are a selling club and needs must.

This will be the Cuellar saga all over again, hopefully Bain did his homework (holds breath) and put a larger buy out clause than Cuellars contract had.

If Bordeaux are bidding 5.5M euros, evidently not.

Our obligatory transfer window 'biggest asset' loss. January 2005 it was Boumsong, January 2008 it was Hutton, summer 2008 Cuellar.

Some fans think playing for the badge is the most important thing, these days money is king and loyalty goes out the window when it comes to players.

I wouldnt mind a couple of cuellars/bougherras (and nearly cousin if we sold him in that january for £3M) in that we can make tidy profits every season, but we sold the players you mentioned for big bucks... £5M is a lot less and is the difference between us going out and buying a quality replacement of a couple of makeshift replacements

Of course it would. Can we get the 'sourced' bit taken out of the title please?

I don't follow?

I went temporarily insane, and replied to FlippinEck's post above without reading the second page of the thread where an actual source was found! I really don't want Madjid to go for less than £6m :(

Skysports.com understands Wigan are considering entering the race for Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra.

The Algeria international, who can also play in midfield, is thought to be a target of new Latics boss Roberto Martinez as he tweaks his inherited squad.

But the Latics could face competition from France where Ligue 1 champions Bordeaux are reported to be lining up a €6million (£5.1m) bid.

Laurent Blanc's side will be playing in the UEFA Champions League in the coming campaign and the lure of European football could prove decisive.

This is the last straw surely.

Skysports.com understands Wigan are considering entering the race for Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra.

The Algeria international, who can also play in midfield, is thought to be a target of new Latics boss Roberto Martinez as he tweaks his inherited squad.

But the Latics could face competition from France where Ligue 1 champions Bordeaux are reported to be lining up a €6million (£5.1m) bid.

Laurent Blanc's side will be playing in the UEFA Champions League in the coming campaign and the lure of European football could prove decisive.

This is the last straw surely.

yes he wont get that at Rangers doh