***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

Skysports.com understands Wigan are considering entering the race for Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra.

The Algeria international, who can also play in midfield, is thought to be a target of new Latics boss Roberto Martinez as he tweaks his inherited squad.

But the Latics could face competition from France where Ligue 1 champions Bordeaux are reported to be lining up a €6million (£5.1m) bid.

Laurent Blanc's side will be playing in the UEFA Champions League in the coming campaign and the lure of European football could prove decisive.

This is the last straw surely.

Seriously

We have no ambition left anymore, when we are selling one of our best for a paltry £5M.

Its a poor return altho we are skint.

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the fuck is it with Rangers and holding on to quality centre halves these last few years? We're becoming a feeder club, it's embarassing.

Becoming? We've been feeders since Boumsong left.

Skysports.com understands Wigan are considering entering the race for Rangers defender Madjid Bougherra.

The Algeria international, who can also play in midfield, is thought to be a target of new Latics boss Roberto Martinez as he tweaks his inherited squad.

But the Latics could face competition from France where Ligue 1 champions Bordeaux are reported to be lining up a €6million (£5.1m) bid.

Laurent Blanc's side will be playing in the UEFA Champions League in the coming campaign and the lure of European football could prove decisive.

He seems desperate for the CL, so a move back to France (with afforementioned CL) would suit him perfectly along with an increase in wages. He's come out with the 'I am staying' stuff but not as ridiculously as Cuellar did.

If he left for Bordeaux I probably wouldn't resent it - it's the way of football life these days and Ligue 1 is a step up from the shite of the SPL.

As for Wigan, I'd probably despise him if he went there.

I agree with Danny about the Wigan thing - why would you want to move there, even though I think Martinez is a superb young manager.

French Algerians, such as Magic, have an attraction to Ligue 1 like no other, so I could understand him going there.

Due to the current circumstances I can reluctantly accept this happening, as we did with Hutton and Cuellar.

However, not for 5 million. If Bougherra is going to leave, hopefully it will be after a bidding war between Wigan and Bordeaux or any other teams.

It's disappointing, but everyone thought the end of the world was nigh when Cuellar was sold, but then it was all forgot about. I have faith that Walter would sign a good replacement for him.

And i'd imagine that his fee is less than Cuellars because Bougherra has had a solid SPL season, but never got the chance to prove himself in Europe, where as Cuellar was excellent domestically and all the way through the European season.

No one should be shocked by this news. It was either him or Davis IMO, (and who's to say Davis is safe now?)

We are rooked, and a selling club, that is a fact that we have to try and get used to, regardless if people want crazy money for our players or not. It ain't gonna' happen.

What the fuck is it with Rangers and holding on to quality centre halves these last few years? We're becoming a feeder club, it's embarassing.

Becoming? We've been feeders since Boumsong left.

That's what I was alluding to.

aw no, but its to be expected for such a quality CB

to be honest I'd be surprised if there wont be a flurry of clubs both French and English after him.......I mean if you were a manger and had money would you not go for him? He is deffo a player you build your team round.

The question is how much do we hold out for?

Personally no less than £7.5mill he is just as good if not better in some departments as Cuellar. But it has been completely obvious that we need to sell so, will he go for less? If he does I'd be gutted!! Completely!! If we get the 7.5mill then although id be gutted not to have in a gers shirt at least we would have got a fair price for him!

It's disappointing, but everyone thought the end of the world was nigh when Cuellar was sold, but then it was all forgot about. I have faith that Walter would sign a good replacement for him.

And i'd imagine that his fee is less than Cuellars because Bougherra has had a solid SPL season, but never got the chance to prove himself in Europe, where as Cuellar was excellent domestically and all the way through the European season.

His fee is less, so far, because Cuellar had a clause. Bougherra, so far, doesn't.

No one should be shocked by this news.

Only those who assumed he'd stay because he said he would. There are still some naive fellows and lasses among our fans who believe a player who says he'll stay.

If Bougherra goes, and Walter can't bring in another quailty defender. Our defence is going to be a fucking joke! :anguish:

tbf the quality signings he's made in terms of CB have been truly excellent - Cuellar and Bougherra cost the same and were both fantastic overall.

Walter can do it again. Hell, he has no choice.

Honestly, it was only a matter of time before clubs tried to swoop in for him. The one sliver of hope I have is that Walter seems intent on holding onto guys like Madjid and Steve Davis, but as with Cuellar, if the price is right they're gone.

I hope this story goes away

Shouldn't be selling him for less than £8m. However, sadly these are the times in which we live in. We are skint and every player has his price bout Majid is worth more than £5.5m

If Bougherra goes, and Walter can't bring in another quailty defender. Our defence is going to be a fucking joke! :anguish:

tbf the quality signings he's made in terms of CB have been truly excellent - Cuellar and Bougherra cost the same and were both fantastic overall.

I know, but is it worth the risk selling bougherra then maybe not getting a good CB again? How many times can Walter keep bringing in top CB players like he has? and who knows maybe whatever fee we get for Bougherra goes straight to lowering our debt :anguish:

IMO if bordeaux offer anywhere in the region of 6mils, bougherra will be gone. although Rangers should be holding out for the best part of 10mil

as was said earlier in the thread he'l give it the usual patter about not wanting to go, but lets face it money talks. even IF he did want to stay, with the fee on the table, he would be pushed by murray and bain.

i wouldnt hold it against him if he went to Bordeaux as everyone else has said i would probably if he went to wigan !! I have problems with the price though i have read somewhere that Sunderland have bid 12 million for that donkey at Man City the centre half Dunne now he is worth 12 and is a big lump of wood then what is Magic worth????

The way I see it is he is gonna get one wrong sooner or later :(

yes he wont get that at Rangers doh

I think it means compared to wigan

The way I see it is he is gonna get one wrong sooner or later :(

thats my thoughts... but lets hope Walter can do it again though!

If we sell Bougherra, it would service the debt & unfortunately a cheap option would be to bring back Dailly on a one year contract as cover at centre-half....that would leave us with Weir, Broadfoot, Dailly & McCulloch competing for centre-half......unfortunately no-where near the quality needed for champions league or even Spl.....£5 million is a feckin joke....i reckon Smith might start the season with Weir & McCulloch as his first choice pairing