***Official Madjid Bougherra Thread***

foot365

If we sell Bougherra, it would service the debt & unfortunately a cheap option would be to bring back Dailly on a one year contract as cover at centre-half....that would leave us with Weir, Broadfoot, Dailly & McCulloch competing for centre-half......unfortunately no-where near the quality needed for champions league or even Spl.....£5 million is a feckin joke....i reckon Smith might start the season with Weir & McCulloch as his first choice pairing

• Replies 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If we sell Bougherra, it would service the debt & unfortunately a cheap option would be to bring back Dailly on a one year contract as cover at centre-half....that would leave us with Weir, Broadfoot, Dailly & McCulloch competing for centre-half......unfortunately no-where near the quality needed for champions league or even Spl.....£5 million is a feckin joke....i reckon Smith might start the season with Weir & McCulloch as his first choice pairing

please no :anguish: :anguish:

There's not many things you can say for definite in football, but if we go into next year with McCulloch and Weir as our centrebacks then Celtic WILL win the league.

By a country mile.

whats michael winner say.....

thats right

CALM DOWN DEAR

its only a journos ramblings, the same journos who link us with a move for trezeguet :doh:

No they didn't, the Trez reports were from Italian sources. This is a French paper and one of the most credible in Europe.

There's not many things you can say for definite in football, but if we go into next year with McCulloch and Weir as our centrebacks then Celtic WILL win the league.

By a country mile.

I really, really don't think there is any chance Walter Smith is contemplating that.

thats right

CALM DOWN DEAR

its only a journos ramblings, the same journos who link us with a move for trezeguet :doh:

No they didn't, the Trez reports were from Italian sources. This is a French paper and one of the most credible in Europe.

Where does it state that i ave only seen the quotes from ssn ?

Watch the knives come out and the stadium empty if thats the case

thats right

CALM DOWN DEAR

Where does it state that i ave only seen the quotes from ssn ?

This is Le Quipe. Check their website. The Trez stuff originated in Italy.

p.s what happened to :

I'll believe it when i see it <cr>

Because in the past I keep on seeing it :(

Don't Worry be happy .

Expect 2 new CH if this deal does go ahead.

Zak whitebred and Tonel (tu)

although wouldnt be happy with whoever we get in tbh :anguish: but lets wait and see

Bougherra is the one person in the entire squad that we can't afford to sell. If we didn't have him last season imagine how many goals we would have conceded, lets face it he bailed both MacGregor and Alexander out a good few times. If he leaves where will we find a centre back with the ability to tackle then take a few players on. If he leaves for some fans this may be seen as the last straw, and the stadium will not be filled up to the same extent. I am personally sick fed up of almost any amount of cash being accepted its always the players we need most too.

Grrrrrrrrrrr this pattern is really starting to get annoying :(

Cuellar £2.X Million.......end of season sold £8million

Bougherra £2.5 Million.......end of season.....potentially sold for £6million+

Tonel £2.X Million.......end of next season......probably sold

How can we ever expect to have a settled defence at this rate. Having a settled defensive partnership at any club is the backbone to progress and I have to say we have done really well despite all the movement over the last couple of years.

If we do sell Boughie then I do expect Tonel to come in, he really wants this move.

However please sell others off, bring in Tonel and we'd have some defence next season.

Apparently we would cease to exist when boumsong left...and then when hiutton left......and then when Ceullar left.......i am sure it will be the end of Rangers again if this is true.

I don't want him to go anywhere , he is a fantastic centre half, but i am sure we will survive if he does.

The one player we simply cannot let leave, especially for such a low amount as £5m.

Instead of selling our best player to raise some cash sell McGregor, Ferguson, Mendes, Boyd to raise a good amount of cash.