Murray talks of keeping our star players

Jimenez

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1723881,00.html

RANGERS have insisted there are no plans to sell ANY of their major assets as they get ready to defend the SPL title and embark on a new European adventure.

There has been press speculation all summer about clubs from England and abroad coming in for men like Madjid Bougherra and Steve Davis.

However, in an exclusive interview with rangers.co.uk Chairman Sir David Murray says they are not for sale.

He said:"We don't wish to accept any offers for our good young players but if we get something that is unbelievable we would have to be realistic.

"At this moment we have no intention to sell our best talent.

"We are no different to any other club in that if we receive an offer that is well above valuation we have to consider it. But we are not promoting the sale of any of our top players.

"I am aware of speculation about Madjid but, as I said, we don't want to lose our best talent."

The Chairman has openly admitted that lifting the SPL crown and thereby gaining direct access to the Champions League group phase was crucial and will by key in keeping the best squad that is at all possible at Ibrox.

He added:"Being honest, it was crucial to win the league. If we had not done so it would have hit us heavily financially.

"It is imperative for us to balance the books in these tough economic times and what direct entry to the Champions League does is help balance the disappointment of the early European exit last season and also enable us to retain our better players."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1723881,00.html

RANGERS have insisted there are no plans to sell ANY of their major assets as they get ready to defend the SPL title and embark on a new European adventure.

There has been press speculation all summer about clubs from England and abroad coming in for men like Madjid Bougherra and Steve Davis.

However, in an exclusive interview with rangers.co.uk Chairman Sir David Murray says they are not for sale.

He said:"We don't wish to accept any offers for our good young players but if we get something that is unbelievable we would have to be realistic.

"At this moment we have no intention to sell our best talent.

"We are no different to any other club in that if we receive an offer that is well above valuation we have to consider it. But we are not promoting the sale of any of our top players.

"I am aware of speculation about Madjid but, as I said, we don't want to lose our best talent."

The Chairman has openly admitted that lifting the SPL crown and thereby gaining direct access to the Champions League group phase was crucial and will by key in keeping the best squad that is at all possible at Ibrox.

He added:"Being honest, it was crucial to win the league. If we had not done so it would have hit us heavily financially.

"It is imperative for us to balance the books in these tough economic times and what direct entry to the Champions League does is help balance the disappointment of the early European exit last season and also enable us to retain our better players."

Don't think there's anything new in this interview. We didn't want to lose the like of Hutton and Cuellar but evryone has their price. If we can get to August 31st without selling Boogie, Davis and Pedro I will be delighted

But there was a minimum fee release clause in Cuellars contract.

I think it's fair to be honest with you. Nobody has gone around promoting our best players for sale so I believe they genuinely are trying to keep the best players in our squad.

Not so long ago they were trying to punt Boyd for 3.5 million but now we do not need to do that.

Not like me to be pessamistic but he is saying exactly what he said beofre selling cuellar......

It's weather or not we believe Cuellar had a clause in his contract, I believe he did but that should not have been omitted from the supporters in what was supposed to be an open and frank discussion.

The reaction from fans after Cuellar was sold forced him to reinvest the money IMO. Hopefully a lesson learned on that front!

I never believe a word the man says due to some of his previous.

All he is saying is we won't look to sell but if we get offers above our valuation the player will go, he is being honest.

What i would like to see him say is the majority of the money would be reinvested in the team

Not like me to be pessamistic but he is saying exactly what he said beofre selling cuellar......

It's weather or not we believe Cuellar had a clause in his contract, I believe he did but that should not have been omitted from the supporters in what was supposed to be an open and frank discussion.

The reaction from fans after Cuellar was sold forced him to reinvest the money IMO. Hopefully a lesson learned on that front!

He said before the protest that didn't exist he would reinvest the money, he knew he had to.......

I never believe a word the man says due to some of his previous.

All he is saying is we won't look to sell but if we get offers above our valuation the player will go, he is being honest.

What i would like to see him say is the majority of the money would be reinvested in the team

I would expect that to be the case. They are not actively trying to secure money for the bank which suggests we are currently "stable".

Any money that comes in for our best players should be reinvested in trying to improve the team.

He said before the protest that didn't exist he would reinvest the money, he knew he had to.......

I'm not talking about any protest! I'm talking about general supporters reaction which was complete outrage across the board.

He knew from the offset that the money would need to be reinvested.

He's given his insurance that no star players will be sold unless it's a ridiculous offer, his definition may be different of the majority of fans on what constitutes as a ridiculous offer but on the whole I'm happy he's come out and said what he has said.

I wouldn't expect all the cash to be reinvested but a proportion of it to go towards a replacement.

I just hope this statement scares off potential buyers for our better players

I'm not talking about any protest! I'm talking about general supporters reaction which was complete outrage across the board.

He knew from the offset that the money would need to be reinvested.

He's given his insurance that no star players will be sold unless it's a ridiculous offer, his definition may be different of the majority of fans on what constitutes as a ridiculous offer but on the whole I'm happy he's come out and said what he has said.

I wouldn't expect all the cash to be reinvested but a proportion of it to go towards a replacement.

I just hope this statement scares off potential buyers for our better players

It's not as much fun when we agree....... :anguish::D

"but if we get something that is unbelievable we would have to be realistic."

That statement from murray says it all.

If anything from £8M above came in for Bougherra, £4M for Boyd, £3-4M for Mendes £6M+ for Davis came in, we would be daft not to consider them, Man UTD had to bow to the pressure of an unbelievable bid... our case of unbelievable wont be quite as high mind you but I can see where he is coming from

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ers/8154776.stm

here's the news on bbc....states that if rangers recieved bids above valuation they would be considered...which is a given.

Having said that any bid for boogie below 8m will fall flat...if vermaelen joins arsenal for 10m then boogie is worth at least that.

Sold Cuellar...

Bought Davis, Mendes, Edu and Bougherra...

Good bit of business in my opinion

Bougherra signed before Cuellar was sold so technically we didn't use the Cuellar money to buy Bougherra.

Sold Cuellar...

Bought Davis, Mendes, Edu and Bougherra...

Good bit of business in my opinion

Bougherra signed before Cuellar was sold so technically we didn't use the Cuellar money to buy Bougherra.

doh I thought that :blush:

but the other signings are still a valid point.

If we receive a great bid for Bougherra we have to ask ourselves will it allow us to strengthen.