He deserves a wee bit more

Danny

Than just a 'hope he does well, Rangers legend' etc.

Barry Ferguson, for many of the younger bears, is the symbol of the modern generation of Rangers. His career really kicked off at Ibrox under Advocaat when the wiley Dutchman, seeing a potential conductor in the making, not only set about contracting Ferguson to Rangers for 5 years as one of his first pieces of business as the new manager, but then appointed him captain at the tender age of 22.

Over the years he has produced many memorable performances, and at the height of his form, statistical analysis of him against the then Man Utd midfielder David Beckham saw the Scot as the more accurate passer of the ball. Yup, absolutely true.

It cannot be underestimated how good Ferguson was at his peak, outperforming on the pitch great players like Dino Baggio, Philip Cocu, Diego, Moller, Pizarro, Cambiasso etc - and it is no surprise that he not only held his own in England with Blackburn, but outright excelled.

On his return to Ibrox, he managed to emulate his earlier form, but not as regularly, and then began a notorious period of association with the club where he came to loggerheads with Le Guen then Walter Smith. These instances damaged his career, but it's up to the individual whether they remember him negatively or positively - and given the great nights and performances he gave in the past, I prefer to remember him fondly, and wish him well in England, and retain the hope he will recapture some of the form which made him so great.

All the best Barry.

Barry Ferguson was my hero growing up, I wanted to be just like him.

In my time supporting Rangers he is the one player that I really admired. All the best at Brum Fergie (tu)

Barry Ferguson #6

I am very greatful for what Barry done for Rangers. I appreciate the ability he once had and displayed against world class players. He has left me with memories of which I will never forget. Although he did leave for Blackburn, he came back and stuck with us throughout one of the worst seasons we have had for some time, when he could have gone to more attractive clubs for more money.

I won't regard him as a legend for Rangers, but he was a great servant to our club and helped us achieve so much. I am confident he will enjoy his time in the Premiership, proving any doubters wrong about his ability.

True mate. 9/10 times its the part-timers that hate him becuase they dont know the facts.

Hope he does well and best of luck but I doubt he will be back at Rangers.

All the Best

thats a bit harsh mate

for family reasons i am now a part-timer as you call it, but im not daft enough to not understand the contribution fergie made to the club in whole over the years

i am just sad that instead of admitting poor form etc over the last few years, he has tried to play his way out of it, to the detriment to the team at times

but thats in the past, his future is down south so all the best barry, see you in 10 years as a coach no doubt

True mate. 9/10 times its the part-timers that hate him becuase they dont know the facts.

All the Best

thats a bit harsh mate

for family reasons i am now a part-timer as you call it, but im not daft enough to not understand the contribution fergie made to the club in whole over the years

i am just sad that instead of admitting poor form etc over the last few years, he has tried to play his way out of it, to the detriment to the team at times

but thats in the past, his future is down south so all the best barry, see you in 10 years as a coach no doubt

Less of the part timer pish mate. I had my season ticket for god knows how many years. The facts are that we have done well out of Fergie n he's done well out of us. He has gave us some great memoris such as the 2002 cup final, his performances against the likes of Bayern Munich, Leverkusen, Villarreal n Sporting Lisbon.

But wev also had Boozegate, the Le Guen debacle, the transfer request days before a Champions League qualifier and the carri on after we got pumped 6-2 against Celtic. Everyone saw the improvement in the side when he wasn't in the team last year

The time is right for Fergie to leave. All we can do is wish him all the best n move on

All the Best

thats a bit harsh mate

Less of the part timer pish mate. I had my season ticket for god knows how many years. The facts are that we have done well out of Fergie n he's done well out of us. He has gave us some great memoris such as the 2002 cup final, his performances against the likes of Bayern Munich, Leverkusen, Villarreal n Sporting Lisbon.

But wev also had Boozegate, the Le Guen debacle, the transfer request days before a Champions League qualifier and the carri on after we got pumped 6-2 against Celtic. Everyone saw the improvement in the side when he wasn't in the team last year

The time is right for Fergie to leave. All we can do is wish him all the best n move on

first i thought you were arguing with me lol

aye he has done well for us over the years.but as they say that is history and his last season and more were a poor reflection of his overall contribution good luck and good form to him

My first hero/ideal was Super ally, but Fergie is number two. absolute love the man.

i appreciate that it was time to move on, but its a still a sad day. hope he light the prem up!

'a world class scottish footballer'

the first rangers legend of this century

all the best barry

My first hero/ideal was Super ally, but Fergie is number two. absolute love the man.

i appreciate that it was time to move on, but its a still a sad day. hope he light the prem up!

'a world class scottish footballer'

the first rangers legend of this century

all the best barry

My sentiments exactly mate!!

Will never forget that night at wembley when Scotland beat England. It was so fucking brilliant to know that the best player on the pitch was a Rangers player. And he was the best player by a country mile that night!!

Gone but not forgotten, barry barry barry barry ferguson!!!

I hope he stays injury free and has 2 or 3 cracking seasons in the EPL. It would be great to see him playing regularly in a Birmingham team that not only stays up, but does REALLY well finishing in the top half of the table at least.

All the best Barry, you know we love you.....

Barry Ferguson to me is everything I wanted to be when I was growing up. Like myself he is Rangers through and through and he fulfilled his dreams of playing for the great club he loved. He will always be a Rangers hero for me. During his bad times I have tired to not pass judgement on him, trying to find ways of defending him. Half the time I couldn't bring myself to slate my "hero". His time has come though to move on, a deal that is best for him and our club.

I wish him all the best.

Sad to see him go the way he has not with a bang but witha whimper out the back doors of ibrox.However it is the best for all parties concerned and a step in the right direction for rangers barry gets a new start and we can concentrate on the future we can make positive moves by getting rid of mcculloch and adam we can build a new stronger team.

It's sad seeing him actually leave now.

What worries me is now we're missing that player who bleeds for the club and is a legend. Novo is probably the main one left, that exemplifies Rangers spirit.

We were blessed with these players up till 98/99 season, then the guys like McCoist, Ian Ferguson, Durie etc left and we were only really left with Barry who carried the club's attitude on his shoulders for so long.

All the Best

thats a bit harsh mate

first i thought you were arguing with me lol

No mate what I meant was if you collected all of the Barry ferguson haters most of them would not know the facts hence part-time fan.

I had a massive argument with a Pompey fan (my family has moved to England so for the next few years I am living in Pompey.) he said Bazza will get mullered in the Prem and he saw him at Blackburn he was awful.

I said you obviously watch no football as Fergie was and still is quality, he has vision like I have never seen before and better than that Pompey pish.

All the best Barry you ARE a Rangers legend IMO and I still believe he would have had a quality season with us this year, I truly hope you do well at Brum and I will stay down here the weekend you come down and come and see this guy for maybe the last time.

I read in his book he wants to manage, would love him to get a pop at us in the future the passion he has for football and Rangers would make him a great manager in the future.

In his first spell he was outstanding when he came back from blackburn he played well for mcleish leading to the title win that year

the last few years have seen him give poor displays in the majority of games and too be honest if you watch him playing if he made a poor pass it was always somebody elses fault never barrys barry never made mistakes in his own mind

do you think it was a coincidence that after hampdengate we went on a winning run and younger players like whittaker lafferty etc could play without the fear of scowling barry to worry about

yes we thank you barry for your contribution at our club but no man is bigger than the club

as for a testimonial barry was well rewarded for his time at the club so there should be no way the fans should be asked to contribute to a man who probably earned more money in 1 week at our club than most fans would earn in a year

In his first spell he was outstanding when he came back from blackburn he played well for mcleish leading to the title win that year

the last few years have seen him give poor displays in the majority of games and too be honest if you watch him playing if he made a poor pass it was always somebody elses fault never barrys barry never made mistakes in his own mind

do you think it was a coincidence that after hampdengate we went on a winning run and younger players like whittaker lafferty etc could play without the fear of scowling barry to worry about

yes we thank you barry for your contribution at our club but no man is bigger than the club

as for a testimonial barry was well rewarded for his time at the club so there should be no way the fans should be asked to contribute to a man who probably earned more money in 1 week at our club than most fans would earn in a year