How does he rank among the modern legends?

Danny

Where does Barry fit?  

304 members have voted

1. 1. Choose

• Barry Ferguson
    • Brian Laudrup
    • Paul Gascoigne
    • Terry Butcher
    • Richard Gough
    • Mark Hateley
    • Ally McCoist
    • Jorg Albertz
    • Ray Wilkins
    • Dado Prso
    • Stefan Klos
    • Another - state who

This is a wee poll which covers essentially the last 30-40 years, so probably most applicable for those up to the age of 40, but you can of course all vote :)

Which of our marquee players of the last 40 years or so the most defines legend for you - the one you most rate, your hero, idol etc.

Who sums up Rangers the best in your eyes, who do you admire the most?

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is not right or wrong answer to this.

I would have voted for most on there if I had the option to.

The likes of Gazza and Laudrup did have love for our great club and displayed it with their lovely footballing abilities.

But I had to pick Gough. The emotion that came out of him whilst he played and specifically when he collected the 9IAR title is just immense. It showed how much the club and this title meant to him. And he was the best defender we have had for the last 15 years.

There are some there that I never managed to see but have heard stories or watched clips, so like I said, most would probably be fitting to this and it is very difficult to just choose one.

Anyone got a pic of Gough going to lift the title?

Went for Laudrup, but I was torn between him, Butcher, Goughie, McCoist and Hateley.

On his day, Laudrup was as effective and as clinical as our entire midfield and strikeforce.

Edit: Left out Coisty.

I went for McCoist but there's a group of them like Laudrup, Butcher, Gough, Gascoigne, McCall, Ian Ferguson and Hateley well above Ferguson.

I Would put Barry in a category just below them with the likes of John Brown, Dado, and Stefan Klos

Had to go for Coisty. All the other options are clear legends in themselves and always will be, including Barry, but I can't honestly think of anyone else apart from Coisty who has shown so much passion for the club. Not only is he a Rangers legend, but he's a Rangers diehard and always has been which clearly adds to his emotion felt towards Rangers. Its guaranteed that if asked, he will take his whole day signing autographs for fans because he knows what it means.

Hell, I even know a few fhans of the mhanky mhob who love Coisty! :uk:

Its barry for me for the simple fact its who i grew up watching rangers with my season ticket from when i was 7

can understand that but if you watch some of the old rangers on the rangers tv am sure you would soon change your mind as there have been many over the years that were far better then barry perhpas not in the same position but all better for the club.

When I was very young, my first taste of football was watching the 3,4,5 etc in a row Rangers video tapes. Probably watched 5-in-a-row one about 1000 times. Has to be Super Ally.

Ferguson deserves a mention as he practically carried the club for a couple of seasons. John Greig is the REAL legend, but there are plenty of others. Essentially, the poll is unfair as it is difficult to compare players over different eras.

I will never forget Gazza, Laudrup, Gough et al. I grew up with Caldow, Henderson (brilliant), Baxter(class). The goal machines, Stein, Forrest, McCoist & Negri.

The real gem for me, and an honour to watch was Ronald De Boer. Oozing class and the effect he had on the likes of Ferguson was awesome.

Good Luck Mr Ferguson and thanks for all you did at ibrox

shocked theres no stuart mccall there!! would go through a brick wall for rangers and although he is well retired he's always at the masters so he can still pull on that blue jersey

shocked theres no stuart mccall there!! would go through a brick wall for rangers and although he is well retired he's always at the masters so he can still pull on that blue jersey

tbf guys we've had dozens and dozens of valid heroes in all that time, I couldn't choose every single one. Some might even wonder where Durrant is.

That's why I put 'other' :)