SIR David Murray: I must thank the supporters.

Boab

Exclusive by Lindsay Herron

SIR David Murray has praised the Rangers supporters for sticking with the team and enjoying the dramatic end to last season when the Championship returned to Ibrox

The Chairman can scarcely remember a more turbulent campaign with many issues to deal with but collectively we pulled through in the end.

The Kaunas defeat coupled with the last-minute loss of Carlos Cuellar hurt us al the fans and then in January the situation looked difficult as Rangers trailed in the league and confirmed that a top player might be sold.

Murray told rangers.co.uk: "I must thank the supporters. We had turbulent times, most notably at the beginning of last season and then in January, but they stayed together and the team came through by winning the Double.

"I met with representative belonging to the Rangers Assembly and explained what we were trying to achieve and then I took a high risk strategy spending money to bring players in after the European loss and the sale of Carlos Cuellar.

"I felt that in January I had to be honest to tell the supporters that we were going into a tight era and I take no satisfaction from being proved right when n we are in unprecedented times even outwith the football industry

"I said then that we might have to sell a player and while it didn't happen it was indicative of the increasing downsizing financial climate.

"It was as up and down a season as I can remember. We finished the 2007/08 season on such a high and then came down with a crash at Kaunas which hit us all so hard and also affected us financially.

"However, everyone stuck together and we pulled through by winning the Championship at the end.

"What was remarkable was how it all came together at the end. There was a drive and hunger by everyone and a tremendous finale that we all enjoyed together at Tannadice.

"On a personal note, I would like to thank every season ticket holder who has renewed our corporate clients and everyone who contributes to the club."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1725784,00.html

Exclusive by Lindsay Herron

SIR David Murray has praised the Rangers supporters for sticking with the team and enjoying the dramatic end to last season when the Championship returned to Ibrox

The Chairman can scarcely remember a more turbulent campaign with many issues to deal with but collectively we pulled through in the end.

The Kaunas defeat coupled with the last-minute loss of Carlos Cuellar hurt us al the fans and then in January the situation looked difficult as Rangers trailed in the league and confirmed that a top player might be sold.

Murray told rangers.co.uk: "I must thank the supporters. We had turbulent times, most notably at the beginning of last season and then in January, but they stayed together and the team came through by winning the Double.

"I met with representative belonging to the Rangers Assembly and explained what we were trying to achieve and then I took a high risk strategy spending money to bring players in after the European loss and the sale of Carlos Cuellar.

"I felt that in January I had to be honest to tell the supporters that we were going into a tight era and I take no satisfaction from being proved right when n we are in unprecedented times even outwith the football industry

"I said then that we might have to sell a player and while it didn't happen it was indicative of the increasing downsizing financial climate.

"It was as up and down a season as I can remember. We finished the 2007/08 season on such a high and then came down with a crash at Kaunas which hit us all so hard and also affected us financially.

"However, everyone stuck together and we pulled through by winning the Championship at the end.

"What was remarkable was how it all came together at the end. There was a drive and hunger by everyone and a tremendous finale that we all enjoyed together at Tannadice.

"On a personal note, I would like to thank every season ticket holder who has renewed our corporate clients and everyone who contributes to the club."

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/He...1725784,00.html

Your thanks will be when you find a buyer and sell then we can move on , A new era bekons after 20 odd years

OK maybe someone can explain it to me, how has the economic climate effected Rangers ? Record ST sales last season and we are on course to have similar numbers next season..... so where is the drop in income that has put us in this position come from ?

If Murray is prepared to be honest I'll give him the time of day, but I don't buy into that excuse! The Rangers fans have continuously dug deep and ploughed their cash into Rangers so no need for the bullshit.

We all knew that no European football = having to tighten our belts, we're not thick! I still find it incredible that after Kaunas we didn't budget to see out the season. Imagine we had sold Boyd ? I seriously doubt we would have went on to win the league... what position would we be in now if we hadn't ? There's something drastically wrong within Ibrox, I just wish they'd be transparent about it so we could work together on it.

I love how he talks about forecasting the credit crunch like some kind of modern-day financial Nostradamus.

We were in financial difficulty last season because his manager couldnt manufacture a result against a Lithuanian team.

He`s moaning we`re out of money and yet we still keep players like Hemdani,Adam,McCulloch,Webster,etc doh Why? Cause we have free money to spend for wages of players who are not good enough to play for Rangers? Baffling <cr>

OK maybe someone can explain it to me, how has the economic climate effected Rangers ? Record ST sales last season and we are on course to have similar numbers next season..... so where is the drop in income that has put us in this position come from ?

If Murray is prepared to be honest I'll give him the time of day, but I don't buy into that excuse! The Rangers fans have continuously dug deep and ploughed their cash into Rangers so no need for the bullshit.

We all knew that no European football = having to tighten our belts, we're not thick! I still find it incredible that after Kaunas we didn't budget to see out the season. Imagine we had sold Boyd ? I seriously doubt we would have went on to win the league... what position would we be in now if we hadn't ? There's something drastically wrong within Ibrox, I just wish they'd be transparent about it so we could work together on it.

terrifice post Jim and I agree 100%

the problem for murray is he has a man called bain who is allegedly paid £500k a year a man who cannot organise the launch of a new strip properly ,who when we reached a final of a european competition failed to capitalize on the financial side of the run amongst other things yet he still seems bulletproof

the marketing at our club is abysmal yet no-one seems to do anything about it

perhaps if murray shook this up a bit and someone seen what really can be acheived he might get the buyer he desires

the problem for murray is he has a man called bain who is allegedly paid £500k a year a man who cannot organise the launch of a new strip properly ,who when we reached a final of a european competition failed to capitalize on the financial side of the run amongst other things yet he still seems bulletproof

perhaps if murray shook this up a bit and someone seen what really can be acheived he might get the buyer he desires

Bollox. Murray can remove Bain any time he likes. He doesn't because Bain is a convenient yes man who will never make life difficult for Murray and who is there to deflect criticism in just the way you have shown.

Forget Bain. He's not here to achieve anything and there should not be any expectation that he will. If there is a problem then it is Murray's problem. If you want to criticise then direct it where it belongs at the door of our conceited, incompetent owner and chairman.

because like nearly every big team does, rangers budgeted the CL money BEFORE the season began, we allowed the players to stay, told smith his wage budget, all the way down to staffing levels at the club, murray budgeted in 3 champs league home games before xmas including commercial aspects of them, then a further few mill in tv revenue after the tournament was done

then when this money went down the lavvy in kaunas, we had no other way to find this money other than flog someone

even getting players off the wage bill wont pay back the overdraft built up last season, and the negative interest accrued as well from the failings to get to the CL

fact is, the failings in kaunas last year could take YEARS to recover from, unless we flog someone of value

because like nearly every big team does, rangers budgeted the CL money BEFORE the season began, we allowed the players to stay, told smith his wage budget, all the way down to staffing levels at the club, murray budgeted in 3 champs league home games before xmas including commercial aspects of them, then a further few mill in tv revenue after the tournament was done

then when this money went down the lavvy in kaunas, we had no other way to find this money other than flog someone

even getting players off the wage bill wont pay back the overdraft built up last season, and the negative interest accrued as well from the failings to get to the CL

fact is, the failings in kaunas last year could take YEARS to recover from, unless we flog someone of value

If I remember correctly we didnt go on our signing spree until AFTER we got knocked out by Kaunus. Correct me if Im wrong though.

Bollox. Murray can remove Bain any time he likes. He doesn't because Bain is a convenient yes man who will never make life difficult for Murray and who is there to deflect criticism in just the way you have shown.

Forget Bain. He's not here to achieve anything and there should not be any expectation that he will. If there is a problem then it is Murray's problem. If you want to criticise then direct it where it belongs at the door of our conceited, incompetent owner and chairman.

murrays god is money and no dispute bain is his yes man but if you think that he is just there deflect criticism any lackey can do that that to me is the surprise that bain can keep his job murray is only interested in cash

bain earns more money as chief executive than most of our first team squad it,s time he justified his big wage and your description of our owner is 100% accurate

If I remember correctly we didnt go on our signing spree until AFTER we got knocked out by Kaunus. Correct me if Im wrong though.

correct the money was spent after kaunas and by concidence edu arrived at the ground at 2 00 clock on the saturday before the hearts game just as fans were rumoured to be protesting at the cuellar transfer

yup

murray gambled and in footballing terms it was a good gamble, but the whole financial world going tits up means back then when the banks were a little more relaxed about overdrafts, now they are positively bricking themselves

He`s moaning we`re out of money and yet we still keep players like Hemdani,Adam,McCulloch,Webster,etc doh Why? Cause we have free money to spend for wages of players who are not good enough to play for Rangers? Baffling <cr>

It`s called a contract which must be honoured by the club, unless we can buy the said play off by mutual agreement doh